Company of Heroes (Relaunch/Steam) and DoW: SS

• AzraelX06
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by AzraelX06 Company of Heroes (Relaunch/Steam) and DoW: SS was created by AzraelX06
I'm gonna start by saying I need some fresh eyes.

I've tried to get this to work with both CoH and DoW Soulstorm and nothing is working for me.
The games "start" and then drop to around 90mb(CoH) and 15mb(DoW) RAM usage and do nothing.
I've had SweetFX work on Soulstorm previously but now it doesn't and I don't remember what I did to make it work.
I'm not sure if I ever had it running on CoH but it doesn't work there either.
It won't run if I change the name of dxgi to d3d11.dll for CoH.
I've also tried removing all .fx files and attempting a start to no avail.

I'm using 0.18.4+SweetFX and I've tried with Master Effects to no avail.
System specs if it helps:
Core i5 3570k
16Gb 1866 DDR3
Windforce 3x 7970
1TB Velociraptor
W7U+SP1

Here's the log from my last run:

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by AzraelX06. Reason: wrong CPU model

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AzraelX06
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by AzraelX06 Replied by AzraelX06 on topic Company of Heroes (Relaunch/Steam) and DoW: SS
Bump for great justice.

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Company of Heroes (Relaunch/Steam) and DoW: SS
Did you try using ReShade as dxgi.dll? d3d11.dll should only be the second choice if that didn't work =).

• AzraelX06
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #4 by AzraelX06 Replied by AzraelX06 on topic Company of Heroes (Relaunch/Steam) and DoW: SS
Yes I did.
I've just done a new "install" of RS+Framework and left it as dxgi.dll with the exact same results.
The log I just flicked through was exactly the same as the one posted in the OP.
I've checked the game's logs and the warnings.log files and there is nothing there indicative of a hang even though it's exactly what it looks like in task manager.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by AzraelX06.

• AzraelX06
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by AzraelX06 Replied by AzraelX06 on topic Company of Heroes (Relaunch/Steam) and DoW: SS
OK So I've done a fresh install of DoW SS again, SweetFX is working but I can't get ReShade to work at all, the game just hangs.
Any ideas?

• AzraelX06
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #6 by AzraelX06 Replied by AzraelX06 on topic Company of Heroes (Relaunch/Steam) and DoW: SS
I've "enabled" verbose logging but there's no extra information available.
It seems to hook just fine but then the logs stop for this and the game without error but it's definitely some kind of hang.
I know shit all about how this works but SweetFX does something differently and DoW has a shitfit when I try to use ReShade.
Here's a verbose log:

pastebin.com/dDsaVtBp

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Company of Heroes (Relaunch/Steam) and DoW: SS
That's only about 1/3 of the log =).

• Cloudbill
More
8 years 10 months ago #8 by Cloudbill Replied by Cloudbill on topic Company of Heroes (Relaunch/Steam) and DoW: SS
I've been using Reshade+SweetFX and then ReShade+Framework with the old retail version of DOW SS since ReShade 14.?? . It has always worked relatively well with it. It has to be something Steam did to it. I even get depth-buffer access. I know it doesn't solve your problem but hopefully it will help narrow down the cause.

• AzraelX06
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #9 by AzraelX06 Replied by AzraelX06 on topic Company of Heroes (Relaunch/Steam) and DoW: SS
Sorry the log wouldn't copy+paste properly as there's over 1000 lines, the link to pastebin should have all of it.

It does help in the way that I know it works for someone else so it has to be something wrong with mine.

I've tried using the Steam executable and a modified one for 2Gb+ as well as modifying the steam exec for 2GB+.
I've got a retail "copy" floating around on my storage drive so I'll give that a go and see what happens.

On a side note, still no luck with CoH, but something tells me it's because it's the "Steam Re-release" version.
Steam/Valve are great until they break things.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.