[SOLVED] NBA 2K13 Compiling Effect Failed

• mxltiply
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by mxltiply NBA 2K13 Compiling Effect Failed was created by mxltiply
pastebin.com/mjUB8ApF is the d3d9.log

I have tried the other hooks to no avail. Not sure what is causing it. If anyone smarter than me could look into it, I'd appreciate it haha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic NBA 2K13 Compiling Effect Failed
Make sure the fx files are encoded as ANSI and not UTF8 (use Notepad++ or similar to convert).

• mxltiply
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by mxltiply Replied by mxltiply on topic NBA 2K13 Compiling Effect Failed
the .fx files only right? I tried converting them in Notepad++, but as soon as I would save the files and try the game it would still not work. Upon further inspection, the files revert back to UTF8 as soon as I save and close them. I updated Notepad++ and still to no avail.

• SpinelessJelly
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic NBA 2K13 Compiling Effect Failed
In notepad++ language settings are under preferences>new document. Use "save as" rather than "save" to apply new settings. In windows notepad you get ansi/utf options directly in the "save as" window.

• crosire
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic NBA 2K13 Compiling Effect Failed
Better download a clean copy from this website again and try it without modifying anything first =).
The following user(s) said Thank You: mxltiply

• mxltiply
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #6 by mxltiply Replied by mxltiply on topic NBA 2K13 Compiling Effect Failed
Re-downloading and re-installing like a 3rd time fixed the issue. Thanks for the help guys!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.