[SOLVED] Doesn't work with DMC4:SE

• Artasdmc
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #1 by Artasdmc Doesn't work with DMC4:SE was created by Artasdmc
Installer crashes when trying to install AND manual install doesn't work either. The game instantly crashes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Doesn't work with DMC4:SE
No overlays, screen recorders, streaming software, game boosters, forced settings through the driver, ...?

• Artasdmc
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #3 by Artasdmc Replied by Artasdmc on topic Doesn't work with DMC4:SE
Nope. Shadowplay is turned off, even Nvidia streamer service is disabled.

DMC4:SE ONLY uses DirectX10 renderer as it's primary renderer unlike DMC4 since you had an ability to use DX9 or 10 at your will.

sFX 1.5.1 also doesn't seem to work, crashes the game. I'm on WIndows 7 by the way.

And as always 1.5 works flawlessly.

Manual Reshade install gives this error when you launch the game (Also tried 64bit but it seems the game is only 32bit) -
1.5.1 just crashes without any errors, Windows just says that it stopped working.

I think it's not just for me since there are no new profiles created in SweetFX database for DMC4:SE and it's a "new" game which launched yesterday.

And here is the log:
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Artasdmc.

• Artasdmc
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by Artasdmc Replied by Artasdmc on topic Doesn't work with DMC4:SE
So are you going to look in to this problem? And if yes, are you going to release a hotfix or wait for another major release?

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Doesn't work with DMC4:SE

• Artasdmc
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #6 by Artasdmc Replied by Artasdmc on topic Doesn't work with DMC4:SE
Hm I don't think so. I only had a very old Windows SP1 disc when I re-installed Windows so I didn't download any updates, too much time and bandwidth.

I don't care about system weakness either since I don't store any important data on my gaming PC.

Will download this update and try it out and thanks.

You should also put requirements and frequent problem fixes under the download button in big red letters.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Doesn't work with DMC4:SE

Artasdmc wrote: You should also put requirements and frequent problem fixes under the download button in big red letters.

Agreed. We really need some sort of FAQ.

• Artasdmc
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #8 by Artasdmc Replied by Artasdmc on topic Doesn't work with DMC4:SE
Ok I re-enabled Windows Update service, installed the update, restarted PC and fired up the game. Reshade framework seems to work now without problems. And another question, why the installer might be crashing for me all the time? Am I missing something again? This is what the "signature" says under the crash popup.
Warning: Spoiler!

And thanks!

And sorry for taking your time.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Doesn't work with DMC4:SE
Mmh. Which .NET Framework version do you have installed? .NET 2, 3, 4 or 4.5 (you can check at the uninstall page in the control panel).

• Artasdmc
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #10 by Artasdmc Replied by Artasdmc on topic Doesn't work with DMC4:SE
Sorry that it took so long, went to sleep since when I was last writing it was ~3:30 am so I went to sleep.

Here is the list of all redistributables. What am I missing?

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Doesn't work with DMC4:SE
There's the problem. The setup was built against .NET framework 4.5, while you still have 4.0 installed (4.0 is installed via Windows Update, while the upgrade to 4.5 needs to be done manually, AFAIK).
I'll rebuild it against 4.0 for future releases, as it still seems to be common.

• Artasdmc
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #12 by Artasdmc Replied by Artasdmc on topic Doesn't work with DMC4:SE
Installed 4.5.2 right now.

Thanks again!

So it would be great if you'd add that Windows update and minimum version of required NET_Framework for Reshade Framework to work somewhere near the download section.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #13 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Doesn't work with DMC4:SE
Since this came up multiple times already now, I decided to take another look at the issue with ReShade not working without that platform update and managed to fix it. The platform update is no longer required starting with the next ReShade version.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.