Crash on Startup : The Witcher 3 on Windows 10

• individualEleven
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by individualEleven Crash on Startup : The Witcher 3 on Windows 10 was created by individualEleven
Hi , my game juste crashes on startup whenever i use ReShade, i tried renaming the .dll but didn't work , any solutions :( ?

PS: i tried every version of Reshade , still same problem
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by individualEleven.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Crash on Startup : The Witcher 3 on Windows 10
Make sure no overlays, screen recording, game booster, streaming or similar software is running.

• individualEleven
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by individualEleven Replied by individualEleven on topic Crash on Startup : The Witcher 3 on Windows 10
i had no everlays but problem solved here's what i did :

1) go to microsoft website and re-install all direct X components
2) re-install microsoft redist from the vcredist.exe located here : The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt \ _CommonRedist \ MSVC2012
3) delete everything related to Reshade from the x64 Witcher folder
4) download Reshade + Framework 0.18.7, extract everything on desktop, not in the x64 folder !!!
5) launch setup.exe => locate theWitcher3.exe => the setup will now install the right files in your x64 folder
6) import your favourite presets and enjoy

Hope it will help someone

PS : my game runs pretty well with any overlays ( Fraps, Steam, etc) while using reshade

• crosire
More
8 years 9 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Crash on Startup : The Witcher 3 on Windows 10
Happy to hear that! =)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.