Issue downloading Presets Via the Mediator

• Constantine PC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #1 by Constantine PC Issue downloading Presets Via the Mediator was created by Constantine PC
I found a issue with downloading presets via the mediator. It crawls fine but when i click download preset I get:

Unhandled Exception:
Warning: Spoiler!

I tried reuploading the preset and using a different preset entirely. Another user also tried downloading NET Framework 3.5 (I have 4.6 now) and it didn't remedy the problem.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Constantine PC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Constantine PC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #2 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Issue downloading Presets Via the Mediator
I apparently Cannot fit the entire settings.txt in one post so I'm going to split it in half for two posts:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

• Constantine PC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #3 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Issue downloading Presets Via the Mediator

• Constantine PC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #4 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Issue downloading Presets Via the Mediator
So basically I cannot download it from the Mediator without it throwing that error nor can the person who tested it with me (thanks a lot by the way).

In the mean-time I'm going to upload the actual Preset folder and tell people to put it in their /personalfiles/presets section since the mediator does indeed pick it up in there. I actually completely over-looked the downloads not working. I kind of assumed if it could crawl and find my preset it was going to work out fine. I didn't even know about this issue until someone reported it to me.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Constantine PC.

• dgraham1284
More
8 years 9 months ago #5 by dgraham1284 Replied by dgraham1284 on topic Issue downloading Presets Via the Mediator
you said you reinstalled .net 3.5. According to the JIT debugging log it's using .NET 4.0. Try repairing that better yet install .NET 4.5.6

• Constantine PC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #6 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Issue downloading Presets Via the Mediator
Sorry I meant the person who reported the error installed .net 3.5.

I could only find ..net 4.6 on the windows website I'll see if using that works.

• Constantine PC
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #7 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Issue downloading Presets Via the Mediator
Unfortunately the same error occurred after updating to .net 4.6
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Issue downloading Presets Via the Mediator
It seems it cannot read properly from the generated file. I will investigate :-)

• Ganossa
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #9 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Issue downloading Presets Via the Mediator
Fixed it :) good find ConstantinePC, the decompression was going wrong.
Will be in the upcoming release. :cheer:
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Constantine PC

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.