Shutdown issue with Talos Principle

• Martigen
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by Martigen Shutdown issue with Talos Principle was created by Martigen
With Reshade (19.2 tested) quitting The Talos Principle causes it to crash on shutdown. Not the end of the world, but the problem is when Talos crashes the next time you load it, it asks if you want to start in safe mode. Aside from being prompted by pop-ups everytime you quit and everytime you start the game, if you accidentally hit enter to the safe mode prompt, you lose your tailored graphics settings.

Pastebin of tracelog (note I cut the shader code section, as it exceeded 512k limit for Pastebin. Only shaders enabled: lumasharpen, curves):

pastebin.com/HHL1KBjD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Shutdown issue with Talos Principle
Yeah I noticed that when I tried the game with ReShade yesterday, wonder what causes it and the game also saves to it's config file as you quit so you end up losing anything you might have set in-game if it crashes in that session.
(Wonder if it would also crash when used with Serious Sam 3 as it's the same engine, maybe even the Serious Sam HD re-releases though those use a older build.)

• crosire
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Shutdown issue with Talos Principle
Oh not that game again ..... Spent weeks fixing the OpenGL renderer to work with it. What are the last few lines in the tracelog?
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by crosire.

• JBeckman
More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Shutdown issue with Talos Principle
Here's a pastebin from the dxgi.tracelog file, tried keeping all of it but had to cut the beginning out to not exceed the 512 Kb size limit.

pastebin.com/TCyAVbZ3

• crosire
More
8 years 8 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Shutdown issue with Talos Principle
So you are using the games D3D11 renderer. Does it work if you switch to OpenGL?

• JBeckman
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #6 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Shutdown issue with Talos Principle
I can give it a try, OpenGL mode probably won't be very stable in general though (AMD GPU, current drivers - 15.200.1065 - aren't that good with OpenGL.) but I'll see if I can get the game to at least start when using that API (Didn't work at all with Serious Sam 3 so I have my doubts but I will try it.) and then see how the game shuts down.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by JBeckman.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.