Garry's Mod Reshade Bug Undeclared Indentifier

• Rev
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #1 by Rev Garry's Mod Reshade Bug Undeclared Indentifier was created by Rev
Hello I recently installed re-shade and master-effects for garry's mod following an online tutorial that was conveniently released today. But when I start it up a message pops up on the top left corner of the screen, the message is below. I tried going in the Reshade.FX and deleting the lines of code the error message is providing for me. But every time I do, another error message, then another, then another. And I think I'm doing more harm than good. I've restored the file to it's default state so I could get an actual SOLUTION to this problem.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\ReShade.fx(1248, 22): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'fSSAOSamplingRange'

Failed to load effect C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\ReShade.fx(1235, 19): error X3004: undeclared identifier 'AO_TEXSCALE'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ioxa
More
8 years 8 months ago #2 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Garry's Mod Reshade Bug Undeclared Indentifier
It looks like you are using a preset that was made using an older version of MaterEffect, maybe version 1.1.115.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rev

• Rev
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #3 by Rev Replied by Rev on topic Garry's Mod Reshade Bug Undeclared Indentifier
Ah, so what should I do to fix it?

• Ioxa
More
8 years 8 months ago #4 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Garry's Mod Reshade Bug Undeclared Indentifier
Use this version of MasterEffect.

I could be wrong on this, I'm just going by the undeclared indentifiers, so you may want to check with whoever made the preset you're using. And if you need a different version than the one I linked to, there are more legacy versions in the MasterEffect thread in the Shaderpacks section of the forum

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.