ReShade 3.0 Progress Discussion

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #281 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

vladzor wrote: you misunderstood, not reshade 3.0 is totaly buggy, i meant every reshade version is on THAT game buggy (Star trek Elite Force 2)

I see. Sorry about the rant. Will see what I can do about it, since there seem to be more issues with OpenGL games in general.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago #282 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
crosire,

is the mouse stuck,freeze is easy fix you can release like hotfix just for that ? instead waiting to release couple of fixes ? I really want to play some games but I can't change the settings and to be able to use the settings only this bug can be fix and everything will work properly till you have time to fix or improve the other things.

Thank you, you guys are genius , you and blueskyknight :cheer:

• vladzor
More
7 years 7 months ago #283 by vladzor Replied by vladzor on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Playing Mafia 2 right now, got a bug, cant expand shader settings trees

• BeTa
More
7 years 7 months ago #284 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: Beta #7: reshade.me/downloads/ReShade_Setup_3.0.0b7.exe

Changelog

• Changed file name tree nodes on home page to be collapsed by default
  • Added movable splitter between technique and variable editor
  • Increased label width in variable editor
  • Fixed splash screen not showing up before effects are reloaded on startup
  • Fixed texture references not being updated properly on Direct3D 10 and 11 (causing invalid depth data)

hy there, i just wanted to test the new version and i cant download it.
It says:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /downloads/ReShade_Setup_3.0.0b7.exe on this server.

im logged in, so i have no clue where the problem is.
Anyone can help me out? THX

• mindu
More
7 years 7 months ago #285 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
what about an option to save compiled file by Reshade so it doesn't need to compile the same thing over and over each time you boot the game?

ps: thanks a lot for mouse keys support, that was really fast and you can't imagine how helpful it is

• CaptainXLAB
More
7 years 7 months ago #286 by CaptainXLAB Replied by CaptainXLAB on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Hey crosire, it takes alot of time to load all effects. How about we select which all effects we want to load and click "load effects" then load them? Will be much better and faster too. will also be better if someone has a lot of shaders in their reshade folder.

• kasakka
More
7 years 7 months ago #287 by kasakka Replied by kasakka on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Would it be possible to add an option to ignore an executable file from attaching ReShade? I tried ReShade 3.0 beta 7 with GTA V and it seems to crash the Social Club Launcher which does not need ReShade anyway.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #288 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

x8009 wrote: is the mouse stuck,freeze is easy fix you can release like hotfix just for that ? instead waiting to release couple of fixes ?

No. Because it works for the games I own, so yours captures input in a strange way that I would have to debug and detect separatly. Not something so easy.

BeTa wrote: hy there, i just wanted to test the new version and i cant download it.
It says:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /downloads/ReShade_Setup_3.0.0b7.exe on this server.

im logged in, so i have no clue where the problem is.
Anyone can help me out? THX

It is not allowed to access the download link directly. You may only access it through referral from this website (e.g. by clicking on the link in the forum post or the home page).

mindu wrote: what about an option to save compiled file by Reshade so it doesn't need to compile the same thing over and over each time you boot the game?

It's not that simply. Otherwise I would have done this a long time ago. But compiling an effect in ReShade does a lot more than just create bytecode. Textures need to be allocated, states created, and so on. That's not something that can be saved somewhere. OpenGL doesn't even have a bytecode format, so the GLSL intermediate step would be needed there either way. And storing the parser syntax tree alone does not improve loading times that much (ReShade is pretty fast here), but significantly increases code complexity, which is not worth it.

CaptainXLAB wrote: Hey crosire, it takes alot of time to load all effects. How about we select which all effects we want to load and click "load effects" then load them? Will be much better and faster too. will also be better if someone has a lot of shaders in their reshade folder.

Maybe. But it's much easier to simply delete the effect files you don't need ...

kasakka wrote: I tried ReShade 3.0 beta 7 with GTA V and it seems to crash the Social Club Launcher which does not need ReShade anyway.

Works fine with GTA V. You just have to select the "Direct3D 10+" and not the preselected "Direct3D 9". The Launcher uses D3D9, but the game D3D11. Installing as D3D9 will crash it.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #289 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

mindu wrote: what about an option to save compiled file by Reshade so it doesn't need to compile the same thing over and over each time you boot the game?
ps: thanks a lot for mouse keys support, that was really fast and you can't imagine how helpful it is

Can we use Keyboard to reach the Reshade settings menus ? how

kasakka wrote: Would it be possible to add an option to ignore an executable file from attaching ReShade? I tried ReShade 3.0 beta 7 with GTA V and it seems to crash the Social Club Launcher which does not need ReShade anyway.

You need to change the file from dxgi.dll to D3D11.dll

I've managed to get the mouse work again in Need For Speed Rivals. I just installed the DLL again and did the tutorial. for some reason it happened again, and sometimes it happened again can't figure what is causing it, and randomly when I existed the game it shown me error and randomly once or 2 times when I started the game and driving I had tons of artefacts and that's when it usually showed the crash error after exiting after I ALT + F4.

Dunno why I had the weird artefacts . it 100% not the card or hardware I'm 100% sure

It errored with the DLL file when it was dxgi.dll or d3d11.dll when I tried to see if it does anything.

Faulting application name: NFS14.exe, version: 1.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x52f0ec6f
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 3.0.0.111, time stamp: 0x57d6f50c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000157ad0
Faulting process id: 0x16a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d20ec0242632ba
Faulting application path: F:\Gamez\Need for Speed Rivals\NFS14.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Gamez\Need for Speed Rivals\d3d11.dll
Report Id: 62fac1e9-97a3-4a6e-a073-14d02c1382c9
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: NFS14.exe, version: 1.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x52f0ec6f
Faulting module name: dxgi.dll, version: 3.0.0.111, time stamp: 0x57d6f50c
Faulting process id: 0x1b18
Faulting application start time: 0x01d20ebf8dd2d91b
Faulting application path: F:\Gamez\Need for Speed Rivals\NFS14.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Gamez\Need for Speed Rivals\dxgi.dll
Report Id: b4ca00a3-6736-48ba-bd03-dc688fdf4428

Can you check with Nvidia card with DSR enabled ? or might with ATI with VSR enabled , to see if it causes some weird issues. Do I need to use the resolution on desktop before I'm going to run the game with ?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by x8009.

• kasakka
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #290 by kasakka Replied by kasakka on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

x8009 wrote:

kasakka wrote: Would it be possible to add an option to ignore an executable file from attaching ReShade? I tried ReShade 3.0 beta 7 with GTA V and it seems to crash the Social Club Launcher which does not need ReShade anyway.

You need to change the file from dxgi.dll to D3D11.dll

That fixed it, thanks! That said, the option I suggested would probably be useful if it's possible to do to avoid these kind of situations.

crosire, great job on the 3.0 version. The new configuration view makes it very easy to adjust and immediately see the changes. I did run into a bug where I could no longer expand any settings but well, it's a beta. Do you think it would also be possible to change the UI so that when you click an effect in the top panel it would open its settings in the bottom panel? Scrolling two views for this seems unnecessary.

Of another note, ReShade now works fine with Steam overlay again. I guess Valve fixed in in some recent patch because it was broken for quite a while.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by kasakka.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago #291 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Does anyone have crash after every time you exit the game, maybe the first time only or after changing settings ? I can't work through to find the issue. I just tried to run the first time Batman Arkham Knight from steam and I just got in, change the right settings and exit, everything ran smooth but it just showed me error after exit.

Faulting application name: BatmanAK.exe, version: 1.6.2.0, time stamp: 0x568ee584
Faulting module name: dxgi.dll, version: 3.0.0.111, time stamp: 0x57d6f50c
Faulting process id: 0x183c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d20f2fbb74776c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\Binaries\Win64\BatmanAK.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\Binaries\Win64\dxgi.dll
Report Id: 776343b9-d56b-40f0-ba29-90e37df5287a

• lowenz
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #292 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
An OFFLINE configurator is badly needed for every game who handles the cursor (and the relative movement space) in strange ways. And for old games with low resolution but scaled up by dgVoodoo2, 'cause the ReShade cursor can move in the original 640x480/800x600 window space but ReShade Menu window is bigger than that and so you can't click on some buttons ("Finish" @the bottom is often unreachable, LOL :D )

Please, consider an offline configurator (yes, I know I can copy&edit another config file but it's a kind of "advanced practice" for a newbie user).
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by lowenz.

• mindu
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #293 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I also noticed after a while UI menu stop working, no reload, no tick/untick shaders, no nothing...don't know if constantly alt+tabbing cause this?

Also the issue with effects not showing up until welcome message finish is still happening, when you reload the effect actually shows up, but if you close the menu (while Reshade 3.0 blah blah message still there) effects disappear, open menu again make effect visible again (all of this while Reshade message is running, once it finish everything is back to normal)

editt

x8009 wrote: Can we use Keyboard to reach the Reshade settings menus ? how

I meant the usual toggle key for effects
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by mindu.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #294 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

lowenz wrote: Please, consider an offline configurator (yes, I know I can copy&edit another config file but it's a kind of "advanced practice" for a newbie user).

No. If you want to edit something offline, modify the preset file manually. Mouse control issues are supposed to be fixed, not worked around.

mindu wrote: Also the issue with effects not showing up until welcome message finish is still happening, when you reload the effect actually shows up, but if you close the menu (while Reshade 3.0 blah blah message still there) effects disappear, open menu again make effect visible again (all of this while Reshade message is running, once it finish everything is back to normal)

Not sure where you are getting at. It's obvious effects won't show up while ReShade is loading up? As soon as loading is finished, they will enable (while the welcome message is still active for 5 more seconds). And this is what happens. Can't reproduce any other behavior in any of the games I own.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by crosire.

• lowenz
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #295 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: No. If you want to edit something offline, modify the preset file manually. Mouse control issues are supposed to be fixed, not worked around.

You're right and your dedication is admirable but I think it's impossible in some scenarios (see: use ReShade in conjunction with dgVoodoo2 rescaling feature)
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by lowenz.

• mindu
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #296 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

crosire wrote: Not sure where you are getting at. It's obvious effects won't show up while ReShade is loading up? As soon as loading is finished, they will enable (while the welcome message is still active for 5 more seconds). And this is what happens. Can't reproduce any other behavior in any of the games I own.

If I understand correctly effects should be at the same moment as welcome message appears (just when Reshade finish compiling) at least it is like this with 1.0 and 2.0.

Now it compiles, then shows welcome message, and when welcome message finish then effects shows up (but not at the same moment). The weird thing is if UI menu is opened it actually show effects at the same moment (like is supposed to be) but if you close Reshade's menu (or is already closed f.e. when you boot the game) effects doesn't show up in screen until welcome message end.

• x8009
More
7 years 7 months ago #297 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

mindu wrote:

crosire wrote: Not sure where you are getting at. It's obvious effects won't show up while ReShade is loading up? As soon as loading is finished, they will enable (while the welcome message is still active for 5 more seconds). And this is what happens. Can't reproduce any other behavior in any of the games I own.

If I understand correctly effects should be at the same moment as welcome message appears (just when Reshade finish compiling) at least it is like this with 1.0 and 2.0.

Now it compiles, then shows welcome message, and when welcome message finish then effects shows up (but not at the same moment). The weird thing is if UI menu is opened it actually show effects at the same moment (like is supposed to be) but if you close Reshade's menu (or is already closed f.e. when you boot the game) effects doesn't show up in screen until welcome message end.

same issue for example in batman. If doing reload it disable the shaders SuperDepth3D to be exact. and then re enable it after the UI message reshade notification is disappearing. didn't happened before.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #298 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Yeah. Well. While they are compiling, they can't be rendered, can they? There is nothing that can be executed at that point, since that's what the compiler generates. Before ReShade 3.0, ReShade would just block the entire game from doing anything while compiling. Now it lets it push out some frames while doing so, but they cannot contain any effects, since those are still compiling ...... This is absolutly expected and it would have happened before too. Only that previously ReShade locked up the game, so no new frames could be rendered and therefore you didn't see it.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by crosire.

• mindu
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #299 by mindu Replied by mindu on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
I think we are not talking about the same issue, because if you say Reshade is still compiling then how effects shows up IF reshade's menu is opened?

edit:
test with very simple shader (like the experiment I did here: reshade.me/forum/general-discussion-2/19...sion?start=240#16567 )
with only that shader, Reshade compiles instantly (literally), I don't think it needs to wait 5 seconds until Reshade message ends to compile such shader

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #300 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

mindu wrote: I think we are not talking about the same issue, because if you say Reshade is still compiling then how effects shows up IF reshade's menu is opened?

Finally managed to reproduce what you mean. I only tested with D3D9 and OpenGL games, which is why it never occured. This is a D3D10/11 issue only (BFBC2 is D3D11 by the way, unless you change that in the game's configuration file). Managed to fix it too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mindu, SSSekky

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.