Mediator design decisions

• Qsimil
More
8 years 6 months ago #21 by Qsimil Replied by Qsimil on topic For the vote, I say nay.
Can't vote, but i vote for original design.
The topic has been locked.
  • Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #22 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic For the vote, I say nay.
Just letting you know that I implemented the direct jump from the pipeline to the corresponding shader tab page when you click on a shader in the pipeline.
Works like a charm :cheer:

I actually decided that only a right click on a shader in the pipeline will jump to the shader tab cause a right click in the shader tab will then also jump back to the pipeline. That feels more natural and I do not think you still need them seperated. (We might need to change suite names though, e.g. CustomFx to VariousFx. GemFx to LightningFx. McFx to DepthFx. SweetFX to ColorFx)

I further completely fixed the flickering problem in the pipeline tab (by implementing an own ListView class) :lol:
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Ioxa, piltrafus
  • bopper2010
More
8 years 6 months ago #23 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic For the vote, I say nay.
I currently really like the Mediator application, sure it needs a little improvement in certain areas but its still a great tool overall. I prefer the simplistic install process as I have made a few tutorials on YouTube covering the Mediator and older standalone versions with MasterEffect etc and people always seemed to struggle when it was text based edits in cfg files, having the Mediator is a great way to practically show people each effect and how the pipeline works.

I think a couple of things need to be explained better to the "noob" user who is maybe just starting out with the tool or is unfamiliar with the SweetFX configurator etc. Saving and Editing Profiles needs to be clearer and easily explained and also the downloading and uploading of a preset from the SweetFX database needs to be made easier if possible. Based off the feedback I have gotten from people who have watched the tutorials I make these are normally the biggest issues they run into.

While the application still has some small little niggles and issues overall its a great application and Im sure with a couple more updates and tweaks it will only get better. I think if the Reshade Frameworks aim is to be used by lots of people then making it accessible to all users is very important and a nicely configured GUI will help greatly to achieve this. I think Lucifer has done a wonderful job on the tool and I can only see them getting better so I wouldnt want to drastic a changes to it, just a few housekeeping tweaks and a little better structure and maybe a FAQ or Help tab somewhere in there for newer users.
  • sajittarius
More
8 years 6 months ago #24 by sajittarius Replied by sajittarius on topic mediator

LuciferHawk wrote: Just letting you know that I implemented the direct jump from the pipeline to the corresponding shader tab page when you click on a shader in the pipeline.
Works like a charm :cheer:

I actually decided that only a right click on a shader in the pipeline will jump to the shader tab cause a right click in the shader tab will then also jump back to the pipeline. That feels more natural and I do not think you still need them seperated. (We might need to change suite names though, e.g. CustomFx to VariousFx. GemFx to LightningFx. McFx to DepthFx. SweetFX to ColorFx)

I further completely fixed the flickering problem in the pipeline tab (by implementing an own ListView class) :lol:

Pretty good news! Can we test it out? Sounds like you fixed a lot of stuff.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.