Injecting a games HUD (Pixel shader) after effects

• louiscarter88
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1 by louiscarter88 Injecting a games HUD (Pixel shader) after effects was created by louiscarter88
Ok so I cave,

While I wait for a response from corsair on HUD exclusion, I'm going to throw this out there in case anyone can help.

I'm trying to figure out how to draw a particular PS hash from the game and inject it as the last draw in the pipeline, this is a feature of GeDoSaTo and it's the one thing I'm missing from ReShade. I'm sure this can somehow be done as a custom shader but I'm struggling cause I have very limited experience with coding.

I know we'll hear from a developer soon, I just thought I'd throw this out there.

Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 6 months ago #2 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Injecting a games HUD (Pixel shader) after effects
A solution/workaround you think of would be more complex than that. A hud is usually not drawn all in only one draw. You also need to control when your binaries are hooked and that might be something useful before and after ReShade. Hooking before would mean ReShade is overlaying your draw anyway and hooking after would need you to identify not only the first hud ps but also the last.

If you still want to do that you need to build a library that fits the render API of your game (e.g. d3d9), do all the usual injector/hooking stuff and in addition to that detour all possible draw function of the API library. GeDoSaTo is dumping each draw on disk with the hash code of the previous ps (not sure about its retrieval in d3d9). While he is injecting his code after that hash comes up, you need to get all the UI draws on a rendertarget which you later use in your own shader which is applied AFTER ReShade as a texture to read from.
The following user(s) said Thank You: louiscarter88

• louiscarter88
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #3 by louiscarter88 Replied by louiscarter88 on topic Injecting a games HUD (Pixel shader) after effects
So the shader I use is actually a VSHash (vertex shader?) - I point GeDoSaTo to . . .
injectVSHash aa88523e

And the ALL the HUD elements are magically skipped.

So where would I start building this library? :s Sorry for coming off so clueless it's just alot of Gw2 players have been wanting this and I went through the tedious process of isolating that hash code the hard way. So thanks in advance.

• louiscarter88
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #4 by louiscarter88 Replied by louiscarter88 on topic Injecting a games HUD (Pixel shader) after effects
Going to BUMP this thread in light of the 2.0 update (I brought it up in the release thread but it got overlooked)

Any news on HUD exclusion / injection? Would love to hear from you guys (good work on 2.0 btw :) )

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.