Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?

• Sh1nRa358
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by Sh1nRa358 Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa? was created by Sh1nRa358
Are there any plans for Gedosato to accept this into its list of features or vice versa?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
I saw people using GeDoSaTo alongside ReShade already ...
There are no plans to add downsampling to ReShade currently, as I don't want it to become bloatware. ReShade is for shading and that should be it =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: strelokgunslinger

• Psychor
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #3 by Psychor Replied by Psychor on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?

crosire wrote: I saw people using GeDoSaTo alongside ReShade already ...
There are no plans to add downsampling to ReShade currently, as I don't want it to become bloatware. ReShade is for shading and that should be it =)

Maybe you can sleep on it. Downsampling would be a great addition to an already awesome package - that package being ReShade of course. :cheer:
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Psychor.

• strelokgunslinger
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?

crosire wrote: I saw people using GeDoSaTo alongside ReShade already ...

Fully agree to this 110%.. we have hardware downsampling now as well with Nvidia DSR, and im unsure of AMD,, although manually it can be done..

I was manually down sampling with bicubic scaling 2.5 years before Gedosato so to me I find it to be a pointless tool..

From that developer DSFix for the first Dark Souls was amazing, but then the focus shift to a general downsampling / effect tool and I abandoned my interest

• jim2point0
More
9 years 2 months ago #5 by jim2point0 Replied by jim2point0 on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
In all the games I've tried, GeDoSaTo + ReShade = black screen

Borderlands 2
Darksiders 2
Remember me
Spec Ops: The Line

The issue seems to happen when you use GeDoSaTo resolutions.

This is a fix I would gladly pay for. Trying to get these to work together has been nothing but frustration for me.

• SunBroDave
More
9 years 2 months ago #6 by SunBroDave Replied by SunBroDave on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
Agree with both of you, I don't think ReShade needs downsampling functionality but compatibility would be a huge boon.

• SpinelessJelly
More
9 years 2 months ago #7 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
I'll back this request. I'm on older AMD hardware so I do not have access to driver downsampling and GeDoSaTo has been a godsend until now. I haven't had any black screens but I can't make them work together either (screenshots from Reshade are in normal resolution, the ones from GDST won't capture Reshade's effects - and that's when they both get to load)

• MaxG3D
More
9 years 2 months ago #8 by MaxG3D Replied by MaxG3D on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
I would rather like to see Marty's shaders implemented into the GeDoSaTo. There's no need for full ReShade+GeDoSaTo support.

• ScarecrowDM
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #9 by ScarecrowDM Replied by ScarecrowDM on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
If a game fails to load with GeDoSaTo + Reshade, try to set "interceptOnlySystemDlls true" on game profile.
It works for me even with some DX8 games.

I didn't test a lot of games yet, though.

EDIT: I'd just tried it with Borderlands 2 and it works, even with unusual AR.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by ScarecrowDM.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
Promised K-putt already, I'll look into it =).
But I can't guarantee anything yet. It probably needs some changes in GeDoSaTo too.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave

• lowenz
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #11 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?

strelokgunslinger wrote: From that developer DSFix for the first Dark Souls was amazing, but then the focus shift to a general downsampling / effect tool and I abandoned my interest

GeDoSaTo is not only a downsampling tool, it can apply shaders BEFORE the HUD drawing, not as simple postprocessing step. An integration (+dgVoodoo) would be awesome :D
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by lowenz.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?

lowenz wrote: GeDoSaTo is not only a downsampling tool, it can apply shaders BEFORE the HUD drawing, not as simple postprocessing step.

That's not really black magic, it just applies post processing at a different stage. ReShade is capable of doing that too, it's just not currently enabled, because I've yet to write a generic and automatic algorithm to find the point the current game starts rendering its HUD, so to apply post processing before (so you don't need to find these shader hashes manually, like one does for GeDoSaTo) =).

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #13 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
Update:
I checked things and was experiencing crashes when using with ReShade, all of them inside the GeDoSaTo module. I thus forked the GeDoSaTo source and removed all code not related to downsampling (and there's quite a lot of it), which suddenly made it starting to work (at least in the games I tried) =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JPulowski

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #14 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
Here's the cleaned up version: github.com/crosire/gedosato/tree/master/pack
Make sure you create a log for ReShade before launching or otherwise GeDoSaTo crashes because of ReShade's disclaimer window blocking the process. I cannot guarantee this is working, but I had no issues with the few games I could test with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpinelessJelly

• Blackhand
More
9 years 2 months ago #15 by Blackhand Replied by Blackhand on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
In my opinion, there should be some options whether effects are applied before or after downsampling. When you use the built-in postprocessing effects of gedosato, the effects are applied to the higher resolution. If you use normal SweetFX with a game downsampled with gedosato, the effect will be applied to the already downsampled scene.

There are some case dependend pros and cons

• SpinelessJelly
More
9 years 2 months ago #16 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
Tried out the edited GeDoSaTo with Alan Wake. It works, but it disables the depth buffer when using downsampling resolutions. No AO, no DOF and depthbuffer output is black. Also Reshade (0.13.0) screenshots are still in native resolution, while GeDoSaTo keys seem permanently disabled? Tried to edit GeDoSaToKeys.ini but nothing happened.

• JPulowski
More
9 years 2 months ago #17 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
I think GeDoSaTo's only upside is lanczos downsampling which is sharper and more accurate compared to other downsampling methods. NVIDIA has DSR and AMD has VSR already. I am not an AMD user, therefore I don't know much about VSR, but NVIDIA's DSR technology is nicely implemented as far as I can tell. Its only downside is, DSR uses a mix of nearest neighbor and gaussian algorithm with a smoothness setting. Smoothness between 17% and 25% are usually fine. And extra sharpening might be added with LumaSharpen. Oh also with DSR, ReShade applies the shaders before downsampling which gives more accurate results with SMAA. But not that good with Dither and Film Grain shaders.

Some older games do not support higher resolutions. There are no tweaks or hacking methods to make them work in 1080p. In this case graphics driver upsamples the original resolution to a higher one via Bicubic/Bilinear upsampling which looks ugly as hell. I just wish graphics card manufacturers would give us more algorithms, but I know that it is not their priority.

• Blackhand
More
9 years 2 months ago #18 by Blackhand Replied by Blackhand on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
Unfortunately, there is no really good Downsampling implementation. The higher the resolution the higher the flickering in motion is the result with the GeDoSaTo implementation and Lanczos is the worst.

• lowenz
More
9 years 2 months ago #19 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?
GDST offers upsamplig too (for older games).

• ScarecrowDM
More
9 years 2 months ago #20 by ScarecrowDM Replied by ScarecrowDM on topic Any plans for Gedosato Integration or Vice Versa?

Blackhand wrote: In my opinion, there should be some options whether effects are applied before or after downsampling. When you use the built-in postprocessing effects of gedosato, the effects are applied to the higher resolution. If you use normal SweetFX with a game downsampled with gedosato, the effect will be applied to the already downsampled scene.

There are some case dependend pros and cons

Just set "postProcessAfterScaling" to true on GeDoSaTo.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.