Permission Request (Framework)

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #1 by TreyM Permission Request (Framework) was created by TreyM
I'm not sure where to post this. I wasn't able to find an option to PM anyone.

I have created this: Vintage Film Looks

I would like to request permission to upload the shader files with my config. I haven't changed anything in them at all. If the answer is no, I understand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brussell
More
8 years 5 months ago #2 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Permission Request (Framework)
I'm playing a lot with luts recently in Rawtherapee and the provided film simulation haldcluts, so I have a short question for you:

Did you create your luts from scratch or did you have a resource for it? (Like frankglencairn.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/...dachrome-k-tone-lut/ where the dowload link is dead).
I haven't found any credits in your archives.

• Mobeeuz
More
8 years 5 months ago #3 by Mobeeuz Replied by Mobeeuz on topic Permission Request (Framework)

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Permission Request (Framework)
Everything was made from scratch using Magic Bullet Looks. Frank's Kodachrome LUT I used as an a/b comparison for my Kodachrome LUT and he is credited on the mod page and has been since the moment it went online.

Even so, I created my own Kodachrome LUT from scratch as well as all the other LUTs in my configs. There are no credits in the archives, because the LUT work is entirely mine. Why do you ask?

Mobeeuz wrote:

WTF is this supposed to mean?
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by TreyM.

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Permission Request (Framework)
What is going on here?
Distribution of the ReShade binaries is always granted. As for the shaders, that Lucifer/Ganossa, Marty, etc. have to decide.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TreyM

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #6 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Permission Request (Framework)
Thank you crosire. I'm hoping the authors of the included framework shaders will all see this thread and say yes, but if they say no, that's ok. I don't want to do anything against their wishes.

• brussell
More
8 years 5 months ago #7 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Permission Request (Framework)

TreyM wrote: Even so, I created my own Kodachrome LUT from scratch as well as all the other LUTs in my configs. There are no credits in the archives, because the LUT work is entirely mine. Why do you ask?

Just pure interest. (Haven't saw the credit section on the nexus site, sorry)

• Ganossa
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Permission Request (Framework)
You can create a file structure for your preset that overwrites all .cfg and textures you changed. There should be no need to include any other files than that, right?

ReShade/
|-- *.cfg
|-- CustomFX/
|-- |-- Textures/
|-- |-- |-- CFX_ColorLUTDst.png

Its a subset of the structure you would have anyway but simply including only your changed files.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Ganossa.

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #9 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Permission Request (Framework)
There isn't a need no. It's more of a convenience request for my users. I would appreciate being able to package everything in one zip, but if you say no I fully understand.

The packaging method you laid out above is how I'm packaging it currently.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 5 months ago #10 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Permission Request (Framework)
Can surely not argue with the one step less in case of a single preset :)
However, as soon as people try more than one preset that advantage gets replaced by the download sizes for mostly exactly the same content.

Other reasons are e.g. explained here :)
reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/1419...ussion?start=6#10598

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #11 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Permission Request (Framework)
That is true. I am currently managing 16 variations. 4 different film looks with differing levels of grain and lens effects.

What I would like to do, is upload the 4 base versions which I can get down to about 4m eachb by deleting some of the textures I'm not using, and then offer stripped down .cfg changes for the grain and lens effect options. Sort of a best of both worlds approach.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 5 months ago #12 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Permission Request (Framework)
(lets ignoring for a second that a veto of one shader dev currently defines how we proceed with distribution in general)

Presets and people creating presets are essential for the success and propagation of ReShade!

The more important it is how you present it to the final(/often new) users.

Believe me when I say, I totally understand if you say you want a unique, small and compact subset of what ReShade is and that represents (just) your personal taste. However, you might agree that this is not representative for the amount, ease and freedom of adjustment ReShade allows.
A stripped down subset with limited configuration options should not become our first contact with the user. It will obscure their abilities to further adjust what you share or how to create a preset on their own.
New people tend to come to preset creators and request changes while we actually try very hard here to make it easier for everyone (not only preset creators) to adjust the tools to their liking.
Its our and also your responsibility to encourage users to follow your example :side:

Anyway, just correct me if I got your last comment wrong :P
- we are yet (and have been before) in discussion internally how to properly handle this but those are the current facts

• TreyM
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #13 by TreyM Replied by TreyM on topic Permission Request (Framework)
Your explanation about first contact with potential new users is a great point of view. I had not thought about it in that way. I fully understand your position and agree with it, so I'll withdraw my request.

Thank you so much for taking the time to chat with me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.