Won't compile with a custom toggle key for DOF?

• ThirdNostril
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #1 by ThirdNostril Won't compile with a custom toggle key for DOF? was created by ThirdNostril
This is the original line in McFX

#define DOF_ToggleKey RFX_ToggleKey //[undef] //-

Now I want to toggle DOF with the END key so now the line looks like this #define DOF_ToggleKey RFX_ToggleKey 0x23 //[undef] //-
But the effect doesn't compile, says something about how integral : should be ; or something like that. That's how the default reshade toggle line looks like though, so I just assumed that I only need to add the hex value in there. What am I missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Won't compile with a custom toggle key for DOF?
Should be:
#define DOF_ToggleKey 0x23
or, more readable (but means the same):
#define DOF_ToggleKey VK_END
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThirdNostril

• ThirdNostril
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #3 by ThirdNostril Replied by ThirdNostril on topic Won't compile with a custom toggle key for DOF?
Thanks crosire!
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by ThirdNostril.

• ThirdNostril
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #4 by ThirdNostril Replied by ThirdNostril on topic Won't compile with a custom toggle key for DOF?
Hmm that didn't work actually. Now I'm getting a different syntax error.

Q:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\/ReShade/McFX/SSAO.h(987,56): error x3000: syntax error: unexpected 'identifier', expected ';'
Q:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\/ReShade/McFX/SSAO.h(987,56): error x3000: syntax error: unexpected 'identifier', expected '{'

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Won't compile with a custom toggle key for DOF?
Then you messed up the line somewhere. Better use the configuration tool, find the DOF_ToggleKey setting under McFX > DEPTHOFFIELD and edit the value to "VK_END".

• ThirdNostril
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #6 by ThirdNostril Replied by ThirdNostril on topic Won't compile with a custom toggle key for DOF?
It's the weirdest thing. Changing values in notepad would cause compiling errors. Changing values to the exact same thing in notepad++ doesn't produce errors.

Come to think of it I ran into something like this with k-putt's sweetfx presets a year or so ago. Changes wouldn't take effect if I edited the config with regular notepad instead of notepad++

I forget the exact name for this but it was the formatting or something?

• crosire
More
8 years 4 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Won't compile with a custom toggle key for DOF?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.