Is Reshade Still Alive?

• Pdguru
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1 by Pdguru Is Reshade Still Alive? was created by Pdguru
Hello all,
Is this still going? Little seems to be going on here, especially with regards the big issues of failure to work with Windows 10 and OPENGL. GEM's been abandoned on a huge fan base at TW, too. Any chance of an update? I'm not ungrateful, just wondering if this has run its course.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Pdguru.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tycholarfero
More
8 years 3 months ago #2 by Tycholarfero Replied by Tycholarfero on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
ReShade looks to be more alive than ever I think?
Lucifer and Marty are working on their shaders still, CeeJay is in need of a break (click 'break' for link to his post) but he's still around, and Crosire is working on fixes and enhancements to ReShade and posts all the time.

In terms of community ReShade has gotten bigger than ever, and the larger the community the more the bug reports come in. Coding and fixing everything to have it all nice and ready for the next framework release takes time, and there's no GitHub repository or SVN so updates have to come when they're ready. And besides, if it were dead I'm sure Crosire would leave a post saying so. Since that isn't the case, it's going stronger than ever, just give it time. :side:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa, Numity

• Ganossa
More
8 years 3 months ago #3 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
Hey Pdguru, its nice to see you here :)

As Tycholarfero already said, work is yet going on. We actually do have a github since quiet some time now for the framework shader:

github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders

It is frequently updated by us developers though some rather like to push changes in bulks.
However, the upcoming changes will be huge and the current branch shows that. It is not gonna be so much about new effects but major binary changes, the file/directory layout, presentation and design.
Without wanting to spoil too much, due to those changes we will (to name just one) replace the current mediator with a completely new tool implementation (this time based on WPF) that tries to incorporate as many feedback as possible and also to prepare us for future ideas.
Thats what I have been working on the past couple of weeks (basically all my free time :P)
I also want to make some changes to TW-GEM, especially for the upcoming Warhammer release but I am currently kept busy and know I should -at this important time- not distract myself with other projects.
I am sure also everyone else of the team could give you a bunch of things they have or are working on :)
I personally could not be more involved or busy :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tycholarfero, Tze088

• crosire
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
Same is true for the ReShade binaries. The release of ReShade 2.0 is near, once the new assistant tool by Ganossa is ready.

There have been a total of 65 commits to the closed source ReShade Git repository since version 1.1 so far. Major changes include a completly new preprocessor implementation written from scratch, fixes to the ReShade FX compiler and a whole bunch of bug fixes.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Tycholarfero, piltrafus, Tze088

• piltrafus
More
8 years 3 months ago #5 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
Hi, if there is room for a suggestion I would say that the most important feature for a new assistant tool would be for it to work in a way that is not necessary to run it if you are just playing and not tweaking settings.
Once you have the settings for a particular game you should be able to play that game without having to first go to the mediator/assistant to choose the settings for that game.
Probably the tool should have a separate settings folder per game and the link in the game folder should point to that unique folder.
Is a bit intrusive now and also seems ilogical that the settings are constantly overwritten to the same place. Too error prone. Easy to loose work.
My 2 cents. I'm sure you guys have already done a great job with it.
Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ganossa

• Ganossa
More
8 years 3 months ago #6 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
Feedback is always welcome :)

The suggestions you mentioned are already part of the solution. Actually, the mediator that is currently available to you has been improved tremendously since its last release but only exists internally. Simply due to additional changes coming with 2.0 and the rising difficulty to implement more changes in the existing tool, I decided to start a clean implementation in WPF that can leverage all the knowledge we have aquiered due to past feedback and the year experience with the mediator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: piltrafus

• Pdguru
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #7 by Pdguru Replied by Pdguru on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
All excellent news! I check back frequently and am excited to hear that things continue to develop. And if the new release will work OK with OPENGL too, that will be great. Thanks again.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Pdguru.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #8 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
Yes, please stay tuned! :side:

Here a little sneak peek on the progress after this weekend. I wish I could have finished more but a day has only 24 hours ;)

- Scroll-able "Tabs" -

Due to the new layout, the initial size of the tool will be smaller than the Mediator. However, thanks to WPF it can be increased arbitrarily. As you see, when looking at the few empty "tabs", there is still a bit of work ahead of me :whistle:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Ganossa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, kaicooper, Tycholarfero, acknowledge

• kaicooper
More
8 years 2 months ago #9 by kaicooper Replied by kaicooper on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
awesom

keep up the good work

• Kleio420
More
8 years 2 months ago #10 by Kleio420 Replied by Kleio420 on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?

crosire wrote: Same is true for the ReShade binaries. The release of ReShade 2.0 is near, once the new assistant tool by Ganossa is ready.

There have been a total of 65 commits to the closed source ReShade Git repository since version 1.1 so far. Major changes include a completly new preprocessor implementation written from scratch, fixes to the ReShade FX compiler and a whole bunch of bug fixes.

would you mind starting a thread in the releases stating current version being worked on planned fixs and improvements then a roadmap for future plans

• Ganossa
More
8 years 2 months ago #11 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
I will keep the few progress updates in this thread for now:

- Current State of ReShade Assistant -
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Wicked Sick, Tycholarfero

• Ganossa
More
8 years 2 months ago #12 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
B) We are almost there!

- Now, guess what last few features will be waiting for you on this tab ;) -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, padolamap, SpinelessJelly, Tycholarfero, Prodousier, Rone

• Prodousier
More
8 years 2 months ago #13 by Prodousier Replied by Prodousier on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
I would suggest for Reshade assistant: design looks not good maybe try change basic color for transparency with blur

• Moonkey
More
8 years 2 months ago #14 by Moonkey Replied by Moonkey on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
Yea, while the blur is cool, hovering over items, text, and stuff looks a bit annoying! Awesome work though. Excited to get my hands on it.

(I'm wondering, will this be ingame like a menu? (Like ENB has) )

• Ganossa
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #15 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
The assistent uses exactly 5 colors as you can find in usual color palettes. Those colors are freely and easily adjustable by the user to change the entire mood of the assistent.

Everything will adjust, even the color of the rendered 3D preview scene ;)

The tab blur strength is adjustable too and blur for controls is only active on buttons and nothing else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tycholarfero

• Prodousier
More
8 years 2 months ago #16 by Prodousier Replied by Prodousier on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
nice work just add transparency and design will cool

• Ganossa
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #17 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
Not sure what exactly you mean but do you want an option for something like this?

EDIT:: Anyway, I went ahead and added it as an option, just in case some people do like it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick, Tycholarfero

• Tycholarfero
More
8 years 2 months ago #18 by Tycholarfero Replied by Tycholarfero on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
I very very very much adore this design! I think it looks excellent.

• Prodousier
More
8 years 2 months ago #19 by Prodousier Replied by Prodousier on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?

this kind of design i think, transparent, blurred and clear, thin lines and thin font (for example this: www.1001fonts.com/trench-font.html

• Ganossa
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #20 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Is Reshade Still Alive?
The design approach of your example is quiet different though. It is the usual separation of tabs that are accessed individually and are not really inter-linked.
From my experience and from the main feedback I received for my work on the mediator, the common wish was for more transparency in how tabs/functionalities depend on another.
The ultimate problem for me to solve was to show all important options at once while containing the required space.

Therefore I had the idea to preview neighbor tabs and also allowing there control while always only one tab is in focus (which cannot have transparent background). However, this means that I use the blur not as an effect that looks good or to emphasize the focus but to mimic depth that makes it easier for the user to understand the unusual scrolling and display of the tabs. That said, I am of course able to use transparency and blur but not for the exact same purpose which you see in your example.

Anyway, I hope you will be pleased with the solution I am going to provide :)

On topic of fonts, I did not come to that part yet of the work and in most cases (concerning UIs) I leave it out entirely. From a readability stand point, the standard font is usually the best. However, in the following you can see a little showcase/experiment of some modern font (maybe optional?) applied to the ReShade Assistant (+ my final compromise of blur and transparency :D)

The following user(s) said Thank You: DeMondo

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.