ETA ReShade 2.0

• DeMondo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #1 by DeMondo ETA ReShade 2.0 was created by DeMondo
Im not disrespectful regarding the time you devs take, all in all ReShade is just a great tool & where its heading to, Im just curious when we can lay our hands on ReShade 2.0, the initial release of ReShade 1.1 was 13 November 2015 and I saw a few "soons" flying by in the forum about the release date for 2.0, so do you devs have any indication regarding the release date for ReShade 2.0, will it be days, weeks, months..?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tidias

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ETA ReShade 2.0
It was planned for last weekend, but the assistant tool is not yet fully finished and I noticed that I introduced a bug somewhere causing serious graphical glitches in OpenGL titles which needs fixing.
On top of that my time right now is limited (I can only do some work on weekends), so I guess it will be a few more weeks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: padolamap, SpinelessJelly, jas01, Tidias, DeMondo, piltrafus

• piltrafus
More
8 years 2 months ago #3 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic ETA ReShade 2.0
Crosire,
If I remember correctly you mentioned the new version has a reduced compile time as one of the main features. Do you think is possible to release a version 2.0 beta of the binaries(no framework or assistant) so we can start testing and enjoying it. Of course it would be for DirectX only until the openGL bug is crushed.
This way maybe you can get some useful running time and feedback before the main 2.0 release.
Thanks.

• bopper2010
More
8 years 2 months ago #4 by bopper2010 Replied by bopper2010 on topic ETA ReShade 2.0
I'm really looking forward to the 2.0 release as well, I'm sure it will be a big step forward for Reshade and I cant wait to try out the new assistant application I hope its an improvement on the old Mediator tool. :woohoo:

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 2 months ago #5 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic ETA ReShade 2.0
Problem is, not everyone will realize that it's a test version and cause murder and mayhem on the forums.
The following user(s) said Thank You: piltrafus, Fredoooooooo

• MonarchX
More
8 years 2 months ago #6 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic ETA ReShade 2.0
Has the new Tomb Raider been fixed? I know it works with 1.1.0, but I recall the new Tomb Raider had a bug with 2.0 and would crash.

What about other DENUVO games? If DENUVO becomes the mainstream protection for games in the future, then ReShade and/or ENB may just die! I am so not buying a single DENUVO game until DENUVO can be properly removed!

• piltrafus
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #7 by piltrafus Replied by piltrafus on topic ETA ReShade 2.0

Marty McFly wrote: Problem is, not everyone will realize that it's a test version and cause murder and mayhem on the forums.

I guess that could happen. Never mind then.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by piltrafus.

• Sassy
More
8 years 2 months ago #8 by Sassy Replied by Sassy on topic ETA ReShade 2.0

Marty McFly wrote: Problem is, not everyone will realize that it's a test version and cause murder and mayhem on the forums.

But that has always been the best part! :silly:

Can't wait to play around with 2.0. I'm sure you guys did an awesome job. :side:

• Ganossa
More
8 years 2 months ago #9 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic ETA ReShade 2.0
If I would recap, for a little over a year now I am spending every minute of my free time on this project (thanks to a very understanding and also busy girlfriend ;)) and did similar before for GEMFX. It is literally impossible for me to be more invested. So be assured that a release being pushed back just means that there is even more work put into.
I think last november non of us would have thought that the release after 1.1 would be 2.0 :P

As crosire began to mention, this last weekend's release plan was mainly delayed due to the added customization of the assistant which many seem to anticipate.
Due to our modular development, we have also not been able to run a complete test yet on all combined changes (binaries, file layout, shader, assistant) which could reveal some more bugs before release.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunBroDave, Sekta, jas01, Tidias, acknowledge, DeMondo, piltrafus

• DeMondo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #10 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic ETA ReShade 2.0

crosire wrote: It was planned for last weekend, but the assistant tool is not yet fully finished and I noticed that I introduced a bug somewhere causing serious graphical glitches in OpenGL titles which needs fixing.
On top of that my time right now is limited (I can only do some work on weekends), so I guess it will be a few more weeks.

Thats good news, just a couple of weeks more doesnt matter, everyone can live with that.

• DeMondo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #11 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic ETA ReShade 2.0

Ganossa wrote: If I would recap, for a little over a year now I am spending every minute of my free time on this project (thanks to a very understanding and also busy girlfriend ;)) and did similar before for GEMFX. It is literally impossible for me to be more invested. So be assured that a release being pushed back just means that there is even more work put into.
I think last november non of us would have thought that the release after 1.1 would be 2.0 :P

As crosire began to mention, this last weekend's release plan was mainly delayed due to the added customization of the assistant which many seem to anticipate.
Due to our modular development, we have also not been able to run a complete test yet on all combined changes (binaries, file layout, shader, assistant) which could reveal some more bugs before release.

You devs did already a great job putting this all together, im sure 2.0 will be even better. I wonder what about beta-testers?

• Crystrex
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #12 by Crystrex Replied by Crystrex on topic ETA ReShade 2.0
I hope there a will be a new MXAO algoritm by Marty on new release of Framework :whistle:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Crystrex.

• valkyrjur
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #13 by valkyrjur Replied by valkyrjur on topic ETA ReShade 2.0
Thank you all for this amazing tool called reshade!!!!.
Regards.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by valkyrjur.

• DeMondo
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #14 by DeMondo Replied by DeMondo on topic ETA ReShade 2.0
What are the new features in ReShade 2.0 ?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.