Java games and depth buffer?

• Crusade
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #1 by Crusade Java games and depth buffer? was created by Crusade
So with the new update (2.x) and it's new depth hook-thing for openGL, I was hopeful that a game a play the tits off (Starmade) would finally have depthbuffer options open up for it, but still reshade cannot seem to hook into it.

What would cause this? I believe minecraft has the same issue, which lead me to believe it's an issue with openGL and java specifically.

Can anyone shed some insight into this? I'm fine with no depth buffer access, but I would like to know why/what's preventing it.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Java games and depth buffer?
Nothing is new about ReShade's depth access method compared to 1.x. It has always worked in OpenGL the same way it does under Direct3D. Not every game is supported, which can have different reasons:
  • Game is a multiplayer game, in which case ReShade disables access to prevent exploitation
  • ReShade's algorithm picks the wrong depth buffer
Nothing you can do about any of these unfortunately.

• Crusade
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Crusade Replied by Crusade on topic Java games and depth buffer?
There's no way to enable it for single-player situations?

• crosire
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Java games and depth buffer?
If ReShade is unable to find it? No.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.