Reshade to remove an element from a game?

• ledpup
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #1 by ledpup Reshade to remove an element from a game? was created by ledpup
Hi all,

One of my favourite games is Elite: Dangerous - a space sim that renders "space dust" to simulate the feeling of moving through otherwise empty space. I love the game but hate the space dust. I don't believe that removing it from the game would benefit me in playing the game. I'm not trying to hack the game for my advantage. I'd like to be able to make a mod of the game where the space dust wasn't there.

I've used RenderDoc to isolate the DirectX calls that render those elements on the screen. I don't know much about ReShade. Would it be possible to use ReShade to remove this part of the render and/or make the render have no effect (make all of the changes transparent perhaps)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Below is a pic from RenderDoc of the elements I want to remove highlighted in purple.

Thanks
ledpup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 10 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade to remove an element from a game?
No, it's not possible with ReShade. And such a feature can't be added as it's much to dangerous for online games (imagine removing level geometry so you can see enemies).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ledpup

• The Janitor
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3 by The Janitor Replied by The Janitor on topic Reshade to remove an element from a game?
You can use 3Dmigoto to remove stuff from DX11 games, I don't know what API this game uses though.

www.deadendthrills.com/forum/discussion/...rom-dx10-11-games/p1

(You don't have to do the whole shader cache thing in this guide, that's outdated)
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by The Janitor.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.