Open Source

• luluco250
More
7 years 3 months ago #61 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Open Source
Hm, there might be something wrong with my dev env, it's been 2 days already and I can't get it to compile.
I'm just gonna try re-cloning it and trying again.
I sure hope it's not yet another path problem, those are always stupid.

Also I had python on my path already, so that wasn't the case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brussell
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #62 by brussell Replied by brussell on topic Open Source

crosire wrote:

brussell wrote: and the Vulkan SDK

No longer required.

You're right. I've got errors without it, but after starting with a new cloned repository it isn't required anymore.

crosire wrote:

brussell wrote: Python Tools for Visual Studio

Nope. The other two should be default if you install VS for C++ development (the setup is configured for C# development by default for some reason).

Correct. I've just mentioned it for those who don't know what they need and don't want bloat on their hdds.

I'am going to correct my post to avoid misinformation.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by brussell.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• NoMansReshade
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #63 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Open Source
I removed the version counting functionality (it was messing everything up), and wrote in my own version number (as seen on the the overlay header), however, I keep getting this error when loading effects:

I'm probably just going to remove the reshade 3.0 shader only functionality, but I just wanted to make this problem known.

EDIT:
I know the only reason for this code is for protection against errors. I'm aware of the dangers :P
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by NoMansReshade.

• luluco250
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #64 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Open Source
I finally realized what was going on, VS was set to compile using the VS2015 platform toolset (which inconveniently I had uninstalled because lack of space).

Upon making the switch, making sure it's using the backwards compatible 8.1 SDK and the VS2017 toolset it has problems compiling runtime_objects.cpp, complaining about this pastebin.com/DB6H9UCy (same error I had posted before, back then I had allowed VS to upgrade the project and caused the same error, when I didn't upgrade it couldn't find the VS2015 toolset, like I said).

So it seems the easy fix would be as simple as reinstalling VS2015 somewhere and use it's toolset to build ReShade, but that doesn't really fix the problem that it won't compile on the latest MSVC, I'm trying to make sense out of the error, I think it may have something to do with base_object lacking an explicit copy constructor, as seen here: stackoverflow.com/questions/31264984/c-c...d-function-in-visual

I'll let you know if I can fix this error.
By the way, the compiler gave a warning about implicit signed/unsigned int conversion at runtime.cpp(743), the fix is as simple as placing an explicit (int) cast in front of _preset_files.size().
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by luluco250.

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #65 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Open Source
Those warnings are left on purpose. Casting doesn't solve the issue, it just hides it. If you don't want to see the warning, better disable the warning itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luluco250

• NoMansReshade
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #66 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Open Source

crosire wrote: Those warnings are left on purpose. Casting doesn't solve the issue, it just hides it. If you don't want to see the warning, better disable the warning itself.

I have already! I have cut my project solution from any connections with Github (because I want to mess around). I have removed versioning altogether (and replaced it with a static version number), and added a toggle for effects in the overlay itself (because some games don't work with toggle keys), I turned IMGUI rounding back on, and completely removed the tutorial. At this point I have a good feel (yet still terrible) for how this framework is written. I guess now it's a waiting game for intelligent contributers to hop on the project. We already have 2 on the Github page, let's keep going! :P

EDIT:
Just wanted to clarify, I solved my issue!
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by NoMansReshade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luluco250

• luluco250
More
7 years 3 months ago #67 by luluco250 Replied by luluco250 on topic Open Source

NoMansReshade wrote: completely removed the tutorial

I need this.

• NoMansReshade
More
7 years 3 months ago #68 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Open Source

luluco250 wrote:

NoMansReshade wrote: completely removed the tutorial

I need this.

I actually forgot what I deleted XD ... But I do know that if you change "_tutorial_index = 0" to "_tutorial_index = 4" in "Runtime.hpp, it will automatically skip the tutorial on first load. (You can also delete the "Reset Tutorial" button in Runtime.cpp too). :P

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #69 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Open Source
You can do that in the INI too. No need to change the source code for something this easy ............

• Exilium
More
7 years 3 months ago #70 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Open Source

crosire wrote: You can do that in the INI too. No need to change the source code for something this easy ............

xD

You just need to remove start messages, cosire! 98% of people want that. I know, some people will share saying "I am the creator", is a shit. enjoy that (go in credits section): NeedForSpeedU2.wix.com/2017

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 3 months ago #71 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Open Source

Exilium wrote: 98% of people want that.

No, you want that.

• Martigen
More
7 years 3 months ago #72 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Open Source

Marty McFly wrote:

Exilium wrote: 98% of people want that.

No, you want that.

Agreed. In fact I like the start messages, so I know it's working in a new game.

The only reason I can think of for someone not wanting the start message is to claim kudos for themselves...

• NoMansReshade
More
7 years 3 months ago #73 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Open Source

crosire wrote: You can do that in the INI too. No need to change the source code for something this easy ............

This does it by default, no ini changes!!!! ;)

• Exilium
More
7 years 3 months ago #74 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Open Source
Marty, stop being rude! We can easly remove all overlays and start messages changing alpha values to 0.00001.
Damn bro, that start messages is boring. :/

• crosire
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #75 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Open Source
But he is right. Don't make assumptions about others just because you personally cannot handle giving people who worked hard on something visible credits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mobeeuz

• Kuniyo
More
7 years 3 months ago #76 by Kuniyo Replied by Kuniyo on topic Open Source

Sunesha wrote: I use Reshade on every game I play, both online and offline. To have Reshade being banned for use would be big loss for me. Sure there are tons of cheats out there. But if someone abuses the Reshade code it effects all us that uses it for it legitimate use as a post-processing effect.

That's why I chose to vote no.

I agree with Sunesha's statement.

When it's open source and people do start using it to cheat there is a chance that reshade will be banned from all future games and I don't like that Idea since I use it on every game I play, also both online and offline.

I vote No (but I was to late so it won't be reflected in the poll)

• Exilium
More
7 years 3 months ago #77 by Exilium Replied by Exilium on topic Open Source

crosire wrote: But he is right. Don't make assumptions about others just because you personally cannot handle giving people who worked hard on something visible credits.

Of course everyone needs the visible credits, but when we open the game, we can only see your name! The credits for the creators of the shaders we can only find inside the .fx files of each one. That compilation mode is tedious for those looking for a bigger immersion inside the game. I give again the idea of making an intro to play when the effects are compiled, and will only be activated after the end of the video, which at most would take 7 to 12 seconds with everyone's name, not just yours. This community is considerably large, but the ideas of you have is very few. I also see a big step backwards with new versions of the reshade, most of the effects have been removed, most people prefer the reshade framework, even without having real-time configuration.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #78 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Open Source
Hm, feel free to make suggestions what effects you want to see in the github repo.
Thing is, many effects in the framework are heavily redundant, we just ported and wrote everything we could think of (hence new packs are mostly just reinvents of the wheel, you can only do so much with color + depth).
For the github repo we've cut down to the effects that are actually needed (who needs 10 different versions of X). I daresay that you can do more with the set of effects given in the new repository than with the framework.
About only seeing credits for ReShade itself, there are the #pragma message thingys with which the shader author can display their name or message on start-up as well. Just no one uses it (except in the framework). Not sure if this still works as of 3.0 though.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Marty McFly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire, Exilium, hunt1hunt

• NotSoSweet
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #79 by NotSoSweet Replied by NotSoSweet on topic Open Source
I'm happy for Crosire's future, but it's sad to see the future of this project especially in the case of DX12 or Vulkan...
On the other hand, in theory, at least someone will be able to continue it with source code. Well, maybe...

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.