Reshade 3.0.3

• JAGUAR1950
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #1 by JAGUAR1950 Reshade 3.0.3 was created by JAGUAR1950
Hi,

I wonder if you can help me please, and you do not consider this a stupid question to ask.

I am a moderator on a forum testing a new game being developed by Battlestate games Escape from Tarkov.

The game is still in Alpha testing and the specifications to run the game at this stage are:

MINIMAL:
Processor: dual-core processor 2.4 GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo, i3), 2.6 GHz (AMD Athlon, Phenom II)
RAM: 6 GB
Graphics Card: DX9 compatible graphics card with 1 GB memory
Sound: DirectX compatible audio card
Network: permanent connection to the Internet
Disk space: from 8 GB

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: quad-core processor 3.2 GHz (Intel i5, i7), ?? 3.6 GHz (AMD FX, Athlon)
RAM: from 8 GB
Graphics Card: DX11 compatible graphics card with 2 GB or more of memory
Sound: DirectX compatible audio card
Network: permanent connection to the Internet
Disk space: from 8 GB

The company are in the early stages of developing an anti-cheat system yet to be confirmed, many members on the forums running slightly lower Spec graphic cards have downloaded your Reshade 3.0.3 to improve gameplay and testing, are now concerned they may be banned for installing and using it as it may be considered cheating.

I have tried several other gaming companies who cannot give me a definitive answer thank you for your time,

Are you able to confirm they would have no problems downloading / using Reshade 3.0.3?

regards,

JAGUAR1950

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sunesha
More
7 years 2 months ago #2 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Reshade 3.0.3
I think you should be safe. Games like Counterstrike allows Reshade.

When network activity is detected, Reshade turns of depth information. Depth is used for ambient occlusion, depth of field and other stuff.

I would ask the developers directly. They are the ones know if they gonna ban Reshade or not

I would speculate it won't be a problem. As even game recording software uses hooks to record videos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.