Don't show the overlay on startup

• resle
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #1 by resle Don't show the overlay on startup was created by resle
Hi,
quick question: is it possible to prevent Reshade from showing its overlay on application startup?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 1 week ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Don't show the overlay on startup
No.

• resle
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #3 by resle Replied by resle on topic Don't show the overlay on startup
Thanks for the clear answer :) And of course, thanks for Reshade as well.

Btw, is that never going to be an option?
In my case, I use Reshade with a setup where my machine boots directly to a Commodore 64 emulator, and I use Reshade to emulate an old CRT monitor: it really makes an enormous difference, it feels I am back to 1985 :)

The boot overlay is the last piece standing that clashes with the illusion of running a true C64 :/

• crosire
More
7 years 1 week ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Don't show the overlay on startup
The overlay shows loading progress, else the app would just hang, which is a terrible user experience. Also it gives credits so that the user knows he/she is running ReShade. And no, it's not going to be optional in the future either, sorry =).

• Sunesha
More
7 years 1 week ago #5 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Don't show the overlay on startup

resle wrote: Thanks for the clear answer :) And of course, thanks for Reshade as well.

Btw, is that never going to be an option?
In my case, I use Reshade with a setup where my machine boots directly to a Commodore 64 emulator, and I use Reshade to emulate an old CRT monitor: it really makes an enormous difference, it feels I am back to 1985 :)

The boot overlay is the last piece standing that clashes with the illusion of running a true C64 :/

You could go to the Reshade Shader folder in the emulator and delete all shaders you are not using. This will minimize the time it shows the overlay and reduce boot up time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrew

• resle
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 days ago #6 by resle Replied by resle on topic Don't show the overlay on startup
Right Sunesha - That's what I ended up doing. It's actually not that bad, some TVs back then had overlays that showed up for a few seconds upon Input switch. Now that I am keeping strictly the only shaders I use - it only lasts 3-4 seconds

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.