Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too

• blackdragonbird
More
6 years 3 months ago #21 by blackdragonbird Replied by blackdragonbird on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
Did exactly it before but for no effect.

Tested in Cities Skylines and Transport Fever. DX9 and openGL games. The overlay open, I use mouse to click in the Game Filter button OR use Alt+F3 but not happens. Maybe there's something more that prevent it to fucntion, something we missing yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ShoterXX
More
6 years 3 months ago #22 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
Like Marty stated, OGL doesn't work yet.
Haven't tested a single game where it didn't work though.

• blackdragonbird
More
6 years 3 months ago #23 by blackdragonbird Replied by blackdragonbird on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
Very strange. Tested Cities Skylines in DX9 and DX11 and still nothing. The more strange thing is that the default value in the CS profile is 4, basically it's "supported" without any modification.

What game you tested? Maybe I have any of these, them I install and look if it works, if not, something is not right in my system.

A pity it didn't work with openGL, Reshade is bugged in Transport Fever, some effects are not rendered when using it. Reported it in the troubleshooting section but was totally ignored.

• ShoterXX
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #24 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
Unlisted games that do work:

- Phantasy Star Online 2 (multiple depth issues);
- Juiced 2 (depth needs re-apply after each loading screen, depth inverted);
- Hitman (2016);
- GOD EATER RESURRECTION;
- GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst;
- NieR:Automata (depth is wonky, but works?, configuration overlay gets stuck open sometimes, and opening it again overlaps a second overlay on top);
- Richard Burns Rally;
- Sublevel Zero (no depth?);
- Sword Art Online Hollow Realization (depth inverted, logarithmic?);
- Avatar: The Game (crashes sometimes?).

Games that do NOT work:

- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (freezes randomly, also had issues with ReShade).
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by ShoterXX.

• blackdragonbird
More
6 years 3 months ago #25 by blackdragonbird Replied by blackdragonbird on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
Ok, I will look into Nier Automata and report back if it worked in my end. Thank you. =)

• SkacikPL
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #26 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
As far as i can tell depth works in all games (or at least 99% of them).

Exception is that only in supported games it works properly, in other games there are tricks to it. With only official depth shader being Marty's DOF, you gotta use near field instead of far field and sub 10% focus distance, it works reliably in all games i tested.

Also on a different note, there's bunch of stuff that's hidden in Ansel/Freestyle but is not enabled. One of them is new texture input that is supposed to present a frame before HUD is drawn (so that's kinda super important):
forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1034055...-big-flaw-right-now/

From what i could gather it kinda got sidetracked due to many different reasons but it might be prioritized if community is vocal about it, so commenting on it is probably the way to go.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by SkacikPL.

• ShoterXX
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #27 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
PSO2's depth doesn't always show correctly, only 1/4th of the screen. And it sometimes decides to freeze, but I think that last bit is intentional.
Juiced 2's depth stops updating after each loading.
NieR seemed to mismatch the image sometimes, not sure why.
Sublevel Zero always shows the same blur strength all over the image, no matter the settings I tested.

As for hudless, I'd guess that feature just doesn't work properly yet, and they had schedules to keep?... Dunno. I'm assuming it's not that simple.

EDIT: Does PIPE_INPUTS_HDR work?
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by ShoterXX.

• SkacikPL
More
6 years 3 months ago #28 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too

ShoterXX wrote: EDIT: Does PIPE_INPUTS_HDR work?

I imagine it should given Ansel supports HDR capture to EXR format.

• ShoterXX
More
6 years 3 months ago #29 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
Wait, how do you even compile these? Changing anything just makes it blank.

• SkacikPL
More
6 years 3 months ago #30 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
Freestyle will not load modified and custom shaders and that's that.

You can test stuff in Ansel.

• ShoterXX
More
6 years 3 months ago #31 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
B-But I don't own any Ansel-supported games!

• SkacikPL
More
6 years 3 months ago #32 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
Well, that's how it is for now and there's not much that can be done about it.

• F D B
More
6 years 3 months ago #33 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
Have you been able to enable it for FIFA 18? If so, I would really appreciate if you told me how please. Thanks in advance.

• ShoterXX
More
6 years 3 months ago #34 by ShoterXX Replied by ShoterXX on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
It's the same way as any other game. However, for whatever reason, it's set as "disabled" instead of "default", meaning it could have been tested, but might have issues/was not allowed to be used in the game.

• F D B
More
6 years 3 months ago #35 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
Well I was actually asking for instructions on how to get it enabled. But nevermind, I figured it out.

• F D B
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #36 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
I just wish there was a way to port HSL shader from ReShade to Nvidia's Freestlye.
That's the only shader I'm missing very much right now.

Oh, by the way, do any of you know where are the 'ini' or config files for each game stored/saved?. For example, if I want to share a Preset or if I want to make a backup of it or whatever.

Great job Marty and Crosire!
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by F D B.

• F D B
More
6 years 2 months ago #37 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too

F D B wrote: Oh, by the way, do any of you know where are the 'ini' or config files for each game stored/saved?. For example, if I want to share a Preset or if I want to make a backup of it or whatever.

Anyone? Please

• JBeckman
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #38 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
It's set up from the in-game OSD usually. :)

PresetFiles=C:\Users\Jonas\AppData\Roaming\ReShade\ReShade_Settings.ini

That line in the ini file as a example, ReShade's ini file for program settings tend to follow what the .dll is named by default so DXGI.dll -> DXGI.ini and then that stores program settings such as the above which is the other ini file for the actual shader presets and settings for the individual shaders you have loaded and configured. :)

EDIT: I think the intended is for only sharing that single ini file for ReShade 3.x.x and then the other user would set that ini file from in-game through the ReShade OSD and have the preset loaded in. Though for easy of use some presets also bundle the shaders directly or the ReShade settings ini file too.
(Come to think of it I haven't actually tested if ReShade_Settings.ini or whatever works too without the full path to just load said .ini and it's shader preset from the current path where the .dll is located.)

EDIT: And the same also goes for the path to the shader and any texture files these use.

EffectSearchPaths=C:\Users\Jonas\AppData\Roaming\ReShade\Shaders\
TextureSearchPaths=C:\Users\Jonas\AppData\Roaming\ReShade\Textures\

Something like that from the config file, again it's usually set up from in-game via the ReShade on-screen-display or OSD for short. :)
(And as a fallback ReShade also uses ReShade.ini if it can't find DXGI, D3D9, D3D10, D3D11 or OpenGL32.ini depending on what you have ReShade32 or ReShade64 .dll injecting as via it's file name.)
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by JBeckman.

• MoonMan123
More
6 years 2 months ago #39 by MoonMan123 Replied by MoonMan123 on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
Im pretty sure hes asking for the preset file from Freestyle and not ReShade.

• F D B
More
6 years 2 months ago #40 by F D B Replied by F D B on topic Looks like Nvidia thinks Reshade is awesome too
Exactly!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.