Just a quick question guys

• wo2x
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #1 by wo2x Just a quick question guys was created by wo2x
Does ReSahde work in online games ? Say like battlefield hardline?
Ive found this sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3182/ and it looks amazing.
I really want to apply it to BF HL, but it just says compiling effect failed, thats it.

So im just trying to understand what ReShade is..
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• GroinShooter
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #2 by GroinShooter Replied by GroinShooter on topic Just a quick question guys

wo2x wrote: Does ReSahde work in online games ? Say like battlefield hardline?
Ive found this sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3182/ and it looks amazing.
I really want to apply it to BF HL, but it just says compiling effect failed, thats it.

So im just trying to understand what ReShade is..
Thanks

Yes it does work in online games but there are some online games it doesn't work with. I've used ReShade in multiplayer on BF4 and it works flawlessly. I don't have Hardline yet so I don't know about that problem. Also, a preset made for say like Arma 3 probably doesn't look the same in another game, Hardline in this case.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by GroinShooter.

• wo2x
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by wo2x Replied by wo2x on topic Just a quick question guys
Ye im confused, because without ReShade.FX it works, just like sweetFX normaly works. So i dont exactly understand what how does ReShade works?

The game works, i can toggle on and off sweetfx settings, however as soon as i put ReShade.fx in, it doesnt.

• SpinelessJelly
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 5 months ago #4 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Just a quick question guys
Yeah, what it doesn't say in the description is that for that particular preset to work you also need to download and install MartyMcFly's MasterEffect Reborn 1.0.340 shaders, which you can find here reshade.me/forum/shader-presentation/161...born-official-thread
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link
The following user(s) said Thank You: wo2x

• wo2x
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by wo2x Replied by wo2x on topic Just a quick question guys
well at least now it works with MasterEffect, although i dont see any difference, but it says its loaded.

But when i try to replace MasterEffects reshade.fx with the one i like, gives me errors.

This is sooo complicated.

• SpinelessJelly
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Just a quick question guys
Did you download the right version of MasterEffect? More recent versions have a different file structure.

• wo2x
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #7 by wo2x Replied by wo2x on topic Just a quick question guys
I've downloaded a few, latest and the oldest. Also using latest shader with sweetfx. No luck

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Just a quick question guys
Why not start with the default ReShade + SweetFX 2.0 package instead of directly jumping into advanced waters? Make sure you cleanup ReShade completly (remove any left ReShade.fx from the game folder) and then reinstall with the SweetFX package from the main page.

• wo2x
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #9 by wo2x Replied by wo2x on topic Just a quick question guys
Ye ive done that, but all that seems is just like sweetfx? How would i edit reshade? Or does the sweetfx have more files to weak now?

• Constantine PC
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #10 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Just a quick question guys
This preset was based off of one of my existing Arma 3 presets and I can tell you for a matter of fact that it will not work with Battlefield Hardline to produce the same look. Hardline would require some special attention and tweaks of it's own.

You can just use my files I found that are still up(in a old preset) these were the ones he used to make his preset(except it was actually my realistic preset, which was identical at one time but less bright):

Required Files

Just remove the "README MER PRESET", "DLL FOLDER". Then just copy the entire Reshade.FX file over my one. This is a little complicated of an installation but the guy that made the preset didn't link my files when he uploaded his. And I bet you a lot of people are having problems just because Reshade_settings isn't there and Keycodes.txt isn't there either. Oh and depending on if Battlefield Hardline is 32-bit or 64-bit. You may have to replace the .dll with the 64 bit version. It's pretty straight forward, just take "ReShade64.dll" and rename it "dxgi.dll". Oh and also make sure you remove all the old files you may have placed in the folder before installing the new files I linked you.

Anyways just like Crosire said I suggest you try things out on your own. But if you want to use these settings as a template I hope what I linked helps you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wo2x

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Just a quick question guys

wo2x wrote: How would i edit reshade?/quote]
You don't edit ReShade. ReShade is the injector, the framework on which effects can run. For that you need shaders, SweetFX 2.0 is one such package that runs on ReShade, but there are others too (see the shader presentation section here).

• Courier
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #12 by Courier Replied by Courier on topic Just a quick question guys
I remember I was banned from a couple of servers in Red Orchestra 2 for using Reshade.

• wo2x
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #13 by wo2x Replied by wo2x on topic Just a quick question guys

Constantine PC wrote: This preset was based off of one of my existing Arma 3 presets and I can tell you for a matter of fact that it will not work with Battlefield Hardline to produce the same look. Hardline would require some special attention and tweaks of it's own.

You can just use my files I found that are still up(in a old preset) these were the ones he used to make his preset(except it was actually my realistic preset, which was identical at one time but less bright):

Required Files

Just remove the "README MER PRESET", "DLL FOLDER". Then just copy the entire Reshade.FX file over my one. This is a little complicated of an installation but the guy that made the preset didn't link my files when he uploaded his. And I bet you a lot of people are having problems just because Reshade_settings isn't there and Keycodes.txt isn't there either. Oh and depending on if Battlefield Hardline is 32-bit or 64-bit. You may have to replace the .dll with the 64 bit version. It's pretty straight forward, just take "ReShade64.dll" and rename it "dxgi.dll". Oh and also make sure you remove all the old files you may have placed in the folder before installing the new files I linked you.

Anyways just like Crosire said I suggest you try things out on your own. But if you want to use these settings as a template I hope what I linked helps you.

holycrap it did work. wow thank you so much. i know its almost like cheating coz you have almost no shadows. its amazing. thank you!!!!

• wo2x
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #14 by wo2x Replied by wo2x on topic Just a quick question guys
@Constantine PC,
if i wanted to change the settings which file? I tried changing sweetfx settings.txt no matter what i do it doesnt change, i tried mastereffect.fx no changes, but when i change ReShade.fx to say add split screen it gives me errors?

I find that the preset is a little too bright, i just wanted to tone it down a little.

thanks

• Constantine PC
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #15 by Constantine PC Replied by Constantine PC on topic Just a quick question guys
You shouldn't even have sweetfx settings.txt or mastereffect.fx(no mastereffect.fx has ever existed, it was mastereffect.H and you don't need that)
You also don't need the sweetfx folder. I'm just assuming you used the .exe installer that installs reshade and sweetfx. And yes you change ReShade.FX. And if you want it less bright turn off levels or raise the white point.

All you should have (or need) is: dxgi.dll, mcdirt, mclut, mcnoise, ReShade.fx, Keycodes.txt, and ReShade_settings.txt.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.