OGL PCX2 support (depth information)

• Hellbringer616
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #1 by Hellbringer616 OGL PCX2 support (depth information) was created by Hellbringer616
Hello Reshade team!
First off thank you for this wonderful program, although i am just recently getting into shaders, these things are insanely powerful and i'm excited to dig deeper!

with that said on top the reason i am here;
I am working on creating shader settings; a generic "remaster" shader for PCSX2; likely i will end up having to do per game configs, as every engine is different.
I've run into the issue of PCSX2 not passing depth information along to the shader; however it works in the program 3Dmigoto flawlessly..

I was hoping two things could happen..
1.) the easiest for PCSX2 hardest for you.. Set Reshade up in such a way it works with PCSX2! this if course is the least likely to happen.. :p
2.) Explain how Reshade gets it's depth information so i can explain it to the PCSX2 dev team and hopefully begin using your wonderful shader to it's full potential :)

If you're interested you can find my github post on the subject here: github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/2311 and iron out the middle man replying (me)

Any and all troubleshooting i am happy to do; the PS2 was my favorite console by far, owning close to 100 games on the console; and i'd love to be able to give them a little tough of love.

P.S: sorry if this is the wrong forum.. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hellbringer616
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #2 by Hellbringer616 Replied by Hellbringer616 on topic OGL PCX2 support (depth information)
Forgive the double post; But it has been two weeks.

Could someone point me to the documentation? Perhaps i can pour over it and work with the devs of PCSX2 to find where we can expose the needed information.

Thanks

• crosire
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic OGL PCX2 support (depth information)
There is no documentation. But here are the relevant code locations that take care of debug buffer detection:
github.com/crosire/reshade/blob/5b4735f6...gl/stubs_gl.cpp#L857 (hooked OpenGL calls related to FBO setup)
github.com/crosire/reshade/blob/5b4735f6...ngl_runtime.cpp#L528 (capture info about all relevant FBOs the game uses)
github.com/crosire/reshade/blob/5b4735f6...ngl_runtime.cpp#L185 (if no FBO is bound, this entry is used)
github.com/crosire/reshade/blob/5b4735f6...ngl_runtime.cpp#L902 (run heuristic to find best depth buffer in the list of captured FBOs)
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by crosire.

• Hellbringer616
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #4 by Hellbringer616 Replied by Hellbringer616 on topic OGL PCX2 support (depth information)
Thanks for the information; i forwarded it on to the PCSX2 devs.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.