Compatibility List Versions

• IMeganElisabeth
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #1 by IMeganElisabeth Compatibility List Versions was created by IMeganElisabeth
Is there any way to find out which version of a certain app was tested and compatible in the compatibility list? I'm trying to determine which version of BlueStacks was tested and compatible with ReShade 3D 9 since the newer version of BlueStacks will not work properly with ReShade.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by IMeganElisabeth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Compatibility List Versions
The compatibility list really shouldn't be used anymore. It looks like it was even removed from the home tab.
If "BlueStacks" is like any other emulator I've used, you should be able to choose/view the 3d api used in the settings.
Generally the use priority should be
D3D11 > D3D9 > OpenGL > Software Rendering
Depending on how well it's supported. Software's usually as slow as a graphing calculator, so it might be worth any bugs in the other api's for the speed boost.

Make sure to rename the reshade .dll if you switch api's.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by FierySwordswoman.

• IMeganElisabeth
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #3 by IMeganElisabeth Replied by IMeganElisabeth on topic Compatibility List Versions
Ah, yep. I surprisingly followed all of that. ReShade is successfully installing and launching in BlueStacks but it isn't allowing me to open with Shift + F2. It's still showing the gray bar at top and sticking on loading shaders. So now I'm trying to download an older version of BlueStacks since it has for sure worked with ReShade in its previous version. Just have to find out which one and install them individually I suppose...

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.