Depth buffer detection modifications

• CryptiK
More
3 years 10 months ago #1281 by CryptiK Replied by CryptiK on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Anyone been able to get this to work with RE4 again? I have pulled down the latest version from the git but I just get a white screen when turning DisplayDepth on.
The topic has been locked.
  • Wilendar
More
3 years 10 months ago #1282 by Wilendar Replied by Wilendar on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hello, I'm new here, and i get here while searching something to make MXAO working in ESO. If I understand correctly i need somekind of modified reshade version to be able to use MXAO in Elder Scrolls Online. Can someone help me with that? how to get, or how to make modified version so that MXAO by quint will work in ESO ?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #1283 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

CryptiK wrote: Anyone been able to get this to work with RE4 again? I have pulled down the latest version from the git but I just get a white screen when turning DisplayDepth on.

Il will be fixed in the next release. Stay tuned ;)
  • Alfredo
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #1284 by Alfredo Replied by Alfredo on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Can You help me?
I can't get access to depth buffer in Rage game from ID. On compatibility list says:
RAGE OpenGL Perfect
I have AMD video card and the latest drivers.
What might be the problem?

Also, can you make Reshade work with quakespasm?
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Alfredo.
  • Alfredo
More
3 years 9 months ago #1285 by Alfredo Replied by Alfredo on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I found a solution for PREY 2006, in option disable AA and Glow effect and the depth buffer works. Thanks to this guy

You can now edit reshade.me/compatibility - Prey 2006 works perfect :)
  • krankins
More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #1286 by krankins Replied by krankins on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I can't get access to depth buffer in Rage game from ID. On compatibility list says:
RAGE OpenGL Perfect mobdro

Regards, tubemate
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by krankins.
  • Alfredo
More
3 years 9 months ago #1287 by Alfredo Replied by Alfredo on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Also the same problem. Mine got even worse, when I install reshade, textures go all crazy, and if I enable a effect the game crashes. Without reshade all works fine. I don't know what the problem.
I hope someone here maybe knows what's the problem.
  • Jupiter065
More
3 years 8 months ago #1288 by Jupiter065 Replied by Jupiter065 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I managed to get the depth buffer working in Thief: The Dark Project using Reshade 4.7.0 by turning on PreserveDepthBuffer and setting the depth multiplier to 2.0, works great! Thanks for your hard work
[DX9_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DisableINTZ=0
PreserveDepthBuffer=1
PreserveDepthBufferIndex=0
UseAspectRatioHeuristics=0

[GENERAL]
PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_MULTIPLIER=2.0
  • Frames Of Screen
More
3 years 7 months ago #1289 by Frames Of Screen Replied by Frames Of Screen on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
This doesn't work for the latest version 4.7.0. Please help.
  • Minerkey
More
3 years 7 months ago #1290 by Minerkey Replied by Minerkey on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hey, I'm kinda new to Reshade and am attempting to get the depth buffer to work on Black Mesa - but to no avail. I wasn't sure if I was required to use the VS files in the github repo to get it all working, and the file downloads I've come across on this thread have been removed. You've probably been asked this a lot, so my apologies for that, but where and what file do I need to download to help alleviate the issue?
  • Derek
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1291 by Derek Replied by Derek on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I also have an issue with Reshade Depth Effects for Black Mesa. For some reason in this game certain areas don't work with Depth Effects and you must play around with the DX9 settings from the menu to fix it. It's really annoying because in Half Life 2 and some other games the depth auto detects itself and fixes itself but in Black Mesa it must be done manually and sometimes messes up again from just going into a room.

Edit:
I don't get it. But does newer version of Reshade not have Auto Preserve Depth? Older versions seem to have it but the newer ones don't. It seems every new advancement in Reshade the team takes a few steps back.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Derek.
  • tagarnav
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1292 by tagarnav Replied by tagarnav on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hey guys, thanks for the contribution, any way to upload these 2 files again? Link seem to be down atm.
I'm working on the Dead Space series for a Cinematic Preset and Dead Space 2 doesn't seem to get a correct Z-depth buffer display correctly. I'm using 4.8.2, don't know if this is also problematic or not.

Anyways, thanks guys.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by tagarnav.
  • tagarnav
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1293 by tagarnav Replied by tagarnav on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: This newest version word really well with Dead Space 2 & Fallout 3.
DS2 DB

DS2 CB

F3 DB

F3 CB

As for ES Oblivion

Seems to be the best one yet. Even with the bug.
Maybe we can allow for selection of two Depth Buffers as i suggested before? Just a thought.

I have to make UT3 in the next post.

Hi BlueSkyKnight, how did you manage to make the Z-buffer work on DS2?
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by tagarnav. Reason: quoting user
  • Lucifer17761945
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #1294 by Lucifer17761945 Replied by Lucifer17761945 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
The following are my more fond achievements and they look better actually on youtube itself since that supports 4k buffering which you can get a cleaner image even from a 1080 screen.

For some reason the depth buffer competes for access with MSAA and raytracing, but predication SMAA doesnt. You can never use MSAA with raytracing. Anyone wanting to link up and figure out some of the harder applications, and build an archive, contact me on my youtube channel.

I want to get stuff done today while im in front of a PC, and ill leave my shift to reading this entire thread. Im having issues with metal gear solid 2s depth buffer scaling:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Lucifer17761945.
  • Lucifer17761945
More
3 years 3 months ago #1295 by Lucifer17761945 Replied by Lucifer17761945 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Can you help me get this for metal gear solid 2 on GOG?

There are multiple depth buffers and I dont know how to change the scaling of the one that matters.
  • Mat257
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #1296 by Mat257 Replied by Mat257 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hello everybody, i have problem with game running ue4 after depth buffer being checked: the game is Halo master Chief. When i check depth buffer in dx10/11, it pops up ue4 fatal error. It s a common error but i dont know how to fix. I m using reshade last release 4.9.1.thanks
  • vakilpaul2
More
2 years 10 months ago #1297 by vakilpaul2 Replied by vakilpaul2 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Can't wait to try this with Bioshock 2 Remastered.

• sunil808
More
2 years 10 months ago #1298 by sunil808 Replied by sunil808 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I have to get the game to check. Have you tested another retrieval mode ?
  • sunil808
More
2 years 10 months ago #1299 by sunil808 Replied by sunil808 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Thank you so much...  routingnumbers.onl   tutuappvip.co
  • vakilpaul2
More
2 years 10 months ago #1300 by vakilpaul2 Replied by vakilpaul2 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Thank you  hellodear.in   teatv
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.