Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Depth Buffer Detection Modification

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #121

No bugs and perfect depth in Dishonored with newest dlls, AWESOME



Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Androll.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uncle Crassius

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #122

Androll wrote:
No bugs and perfect depth in Dishonored with newest dlls, AWESOME

Great ! Glad to hear it ! :cheer:
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by thalixte.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: demolisher

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #123

Half-Life 2 is perfect too, but only in 3d menu or pause screen / console active. In game buffer is empty.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #124

I just tried the new d3d9.dll with RE4 again but Depth Buffer Detection settings no longer appear in the main "Settings" menu. It's odd because the [DEPTH_BUFFER_DETECTION] parameters show up in the d3d9.ini file.

I also tried updating the dxgi.dll for Bioshock 1 and 2 Remastered and those are fine. The only difference is RE4 says it Reshade 3.1.2. whereas Bioshock 1 and 2 says it's using Reshade 3.1.1. They were both installed the same way.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by robgrab.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #125

thalixte wrote:
Uncle Crassius wrote:
Used the new d3d9.dll for Outlast. Depth Buffer shows, but causes heavy flickering and graphical artifacts and shows only some of the models with major assets missing. Since it's Unreal Engine I'd wager it will work if it works for Dishonored.

I know there should be bugs. I don't have much time to track them for the moment, sorry. But thks for your infos, since i can't test on all d3d9 games. ;)

Could you try those new ones ?
d3d9:
d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

d3d11:
dxgi_32bits.zip
dxgi_64bits.zip

Important edit:
With the 32 bits one, i can now make the depth buffer works as intended in Mass Effect 2 ! :woohoo:

Great news on Mass Effect 2 and Dishonored. No luck with outlast, though. With the d3d9 download the game would crash on startup, the dxgi one renamend hooks correctly but yields no depth buffer at all.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #126

robgrab wrote:
I just tried the new d3d9.dll with RE4 again but Depth Buffer Detection settings no longer appear in the main "Settings" menu. It's odd because the [DEPTH_BUFFER_DETECTION] parameters show up in the d3d9.ini file.

I also tried updating the dxgi.dll for Bioshock 1 and 2 Remastered and those are fine. The only difference is RE4 says it Reshade 3.1.2. whereas Bioshock 1 and 2 says it's using Reshade 3.1.1. They were both installed the same way.

This is normal. I removed the "number" setings and "texture format" in the depth buffer detection settings for d3d9, as they do not make sense in this build.

Will try to get RE4 to see if the buffer detection number has an influence on it...
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by thalixte.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #127

Uncle Crassius wrote:
thalixte wrote:
Uncle Crassius wrote:
Used the new d3d9.dll for Outlast. Depth Buffer shows, but causes heavy flickering and graphical artifacts and shows only some of the models with major assets missing. Since it's Unreal Engine I'd wager it will work if it works for Dishonored.

I know there should be bugs. I don't have much time to track them for the moment, sorry. But thks for your infos, since i can't test on all d3d9 games. ;)

Could you try those new ones ?
d3d9:
d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

d3d11:
dxgi_32bits.zip
dxgi_64bits.zip

Important edit:
With the 32 bits one, i can now make the depth buffer works as intended in Mass Effect 2 ! :woohoo:

Great news on Mass Effect 2 and Dishonored. No luck with outlast, though. With the d3d9 download the game would crash on startup, the dxgi one renamend hooks correctly but yields no depth buffer at all.

Will try Outlast later. Stay tuned ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uncle Crassius

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #128

Issue with OLD Source Engine games (Sin Emergence and Dark Messiah): the ReShade interface doesn't open (with SHIFT+F2).....but the process is hooked.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by lowenz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #129

Issue in Timeshift: the game freezes compiling some shaders @start (no problem with the original ReShade 3.1.2)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #130

Timeshift log last part:
.
.
.
.
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | Parameter | Value |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | +

+
+
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | BackBufferWidth | 1920 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | BackBufferHeight | 1080 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | BackBufferFormat | 21 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | BackBufferCount | 2 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | MultiSampleType | 0 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | MultiSampleQuality | 0 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | SwapEffect | 1 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | DeviceWindow | 001F0424 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | Windowed | FALSE |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | EnableAutoDepthStencil | FALSE |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | AutoDepthStencilFormat | 75 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | Flags | 0 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | FullScreen_RefreshRateInHz | 0 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | PresentationInterval | 0 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | +
+
+
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | ERROR | > 'IDirect3DDevice9::Reset' failed with error code 0x8876086c!
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by lowenz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #131

lowenz wrote:
Timeshift log last part:
.
.
.
.
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | Parameter | Value |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | +

+
+
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | BackBufferWidth | 1920 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | BackBufferHeight | 1080 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | BackBufferFormat | 21 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | BackBufferCount | 2 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | MultiSampleType | 0 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | MultiSampleQuality | 0 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | SwapEffect | 1 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | DeviceWindow | 001F0424 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | Windowed | FALSE |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | EnableAutoDepthStencil | FALSE |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | AutoDepthStencilFormat | 75 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | Flags | 0 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | FullScreen_RefreshRateInHz | 0 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | | PresentationInterval | 0 |
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | INFO | +
+
+
2018-03-26T15:58:51:983 [06608] | ERROR | > 'IDirect3DDevice9::Reset' failed with error code 0x8876086c!

Big thks for this feedback ! Now, this should work whith those files: Tested on Outlast and Mass Effect 2 :P
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by thalixte.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #132

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by lowenz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #133

thalixte wrote:
Tested on Outlast and Mass Effect 2 :P

This community keeps on giving. Thanks a lot.

Edit: Working fine so far. Only issue I encountered is a complilation error after I set IL to 0 again (now that I think of it, maybe I had capslock on, hmm).

Edit 2: One dxgi.dll you posted earlier works fine with Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. And since I don't think anyone mentioned it in this thread, the first Tomb Raider reboot works as well. Vanquish's depth buffer, on the other hand, stays white.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Uncle Crassius.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #134

RE4 still doesn't work. It just flickers. :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #135

lowenz wrote:
If TimeShift uses the Unreal3 engine, it is strange that you still get this error, because in Outlast (Unreal3 engine), it is fixed for me. The problem is linked to the AddRef and Release of the depthstencil objects.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by thalixte.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #136

Uncle Crassius wrote:
thalixte wrote:
Tested on Outlast and Mass Effect 2 :P

This community keeps on giving. Thanks a lot.

Edit: Working fine so far. Only issue I encountered is a complilation error after I set IL to 0 again (now that I think of it, maybe I had capslock on, hmm).

Edit 2: One dxgi.dll you posted earlier works fine with Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition. And since I don't think anyone mentioned it in this thread, the first Tomb Raider reboot works as well. Vanquish's depth buffer, on the other hand, stays white.

Thks ;) I know for Vanquish (tested it myself). What is annoying with this game, is that i cannot see any depth buffer at all. Maybe is uses a special linearization method.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by thalixte.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #137

robgrab wrote:
RE4 still doesn't work. It just flickers. :(

Sorry to hear it :( I must retrieve RE4 if i want to know what's wrong with it...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #138

Timeshift is not an UE3 game.
But the "classic" reshade 3.1.2 works well (DB retrieving too) in Timeshift

Sin Emergence and Dark Messiah are Source (2006) based.

So your variant is strictly UE3-only?
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by lowenz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #139

lowenz wrote:
Timeshift is not an UE3 game.
But the "classic" reshade 3.1.2 works well (DB retrieving too) in Timeshift

Sin Emergence and Dark Messiah are Source (2006) based.

So your variant is strictly UE3-only?

No, it should be more generic than just for UE3 games, as it fixes an issue in the device reset stage...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3.1 1 year 5 months ago #140

thalixte wrote:
robgrab wrote:
RE4 still doesn't work. It just flickers. :(

Sorry to hear it :( I must retrieve RE4 if i want to know what's wrong with it...

I have a Steam Code for RE4 that I can give you so you can test it. :)
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by robgrab.
The administrator has disabled public write access.