Depth buffer detection modifications

• conan2k
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #161 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
As a short summary of my testing effort, the current implementation of depth buffer retrieval technique is not yet able to work correctly in the following DX9 games that I’ve tested so far:

1) The Witcher - Enhanced Edition (the 1st one from series)
Only UI and subtitles are present in the retrieved depth map (i.e. no changes from the original ReShade). Most likely the same problem as with FUEL, which you've described above.

2) King's Bounty Warriors of the North - Complete Edition
The retrieved depth map is empty (white).

3) Fallout 3 GotY
The depth map is empty (white). However, when the game is in the 3rd-person view mode, the depth map is retrieved successfully (the same behavior as with the original ReShade).

4) Far Cry 2
Only main character's hands and weapon are present in the retrieved depth map. At the same time, the depth map is completely empty with the original ReShade. Also, DX10 renderer is available in this game but I haven't tested it since your changes are not ported to DX10 yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thalixte
The topic has been locked.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #162 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

conan2k wrote: As a short summary of my testing effort, the current implementation of depth buffer retrieval technique is not yet able to work correctly in the following DX9 games that I’ve tested so far:

1) The Witcher - Enhanced Edition (the 1st one from series)
Only UI and subtitles are present in the retrieved depth map (i.e. no changes from the original ReShade). Most likely the same problem as with FUEL, which you've described above.

2) King's Bounty Warriors of the North - Complete Edition

3) Fallout 3 GotY
The depth map is empty (white). However, when the game is in the 3rd-person view mode, the depth map is retrieved successfully (the same behavior as with the original ReShade).

4) Far Cry 2
Only main character's hands and weapon are present in the retrieved depth map. At the same time, the depth map is completely empty with the original ReShade. Also, DX10 renderer is available in this game but I haven't tested it since your changes are not ported to DX10 yet.

Really cool ! I have to retrieve those old games (especially The Witcher 1, i have the collector version :P ). it's like archelogy :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: FYKC
  • lowenz
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #163 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
About FEAR, anyone can test FEAR 1?

That game *really* can get a visual boost from MXAO! Or normal ReShade is enough?
  • robgrab
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #164 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: About FEAR, anyone can test FEAR 1?

That game *really* can get a visual boost from MXAO! Or normal ReShade is enough?

It's always had depth buffer access. Read the compatibility list.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #165 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

klotim wrote: Shogun 2 total war has blank depth buffer as well, dx 11

The depth buffer is available in this game, even with the 3.1.2 Reshade release game . You have to set RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED to 0.
  • lowenz
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #166 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
In Styx 1 (64 bit) MXAO is applied but not updated moving around (see the ghosts):

[img
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by lowenz.
  • Chavolatra
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #167 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Do have fixed depth buffer in re4hd ultimate edition ?
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Chavolatra.
  • NoMansReshade
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #168 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Dying Light is a x64 game, which uses a mixture of d3d9, 10 and 11 (wtf, I know).... All warrant the same result: Reverse depth required, depth buffer access flickers every second or so regardless of setting, "Post-Process" being the one that flickers most. Game has built-in HBAO, but all post processing is turned off so I can use my own.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #169 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Chavolatra wrote: Do have fixed depth buffer in re4hd ultimate edition ?

Not yet, sorry... Will try as soon as i can.
  • Androll
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #170 by Androll Replied by Androll on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
There is a minor bug with depth in Dishonored after zooming in.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Androll.
  • AssassinsDecree
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #171 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

lowenz wrote: And about wrapped games (DX8->DX9/DX11) is there any possibility?

I'm eager to test myself the WIP dlls :D

Here they are (but be indulgent, they are WIP and buggy dor DX9). Don't know if it works on wrapped games... Maybe you should ask Crosire for it...
d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

Hey do you still have these links, all the links in this thread from you so far have expired or something, I really want the .dll you mention in your initial post, but I don't see it on you githud page. Thanks so much!

Edit. Found the d3d9 links that work, but I'm hoping for the dx11 compatible versions. Want to use it with Far Cry 5. Thanks again!

Edit 2. sorry was reading the pages in order, found them on page 7 i think. please ignore the request :)
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by AssassinsDecree.
  • AssassinsDecree
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #172 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Uncle Crassius wrote: Getting an "untrusted system file" with the latest dxgi.dll in Far Cry 5. The unmodified dll works but yields no depth buffer access, at least for me (with AA turned off).

I had the same issue, 3.1.1 and 3.0.8 work for me: www.mediafire.com/folder/8ar1jhh1809cl/R...sitory#bow1ko4203njp

Update. Blast the inferno! I get the untrusted system file error on this custom dxgi file. Is there a way to force my computer to take it?
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by AssassinsDecree.
  • Uncle Crassius
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #173 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Crosire already mentioned in the other thread that only the official releases are whitelisted, but thanks for the help.
  • AssassinsDecree
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #174 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Uncle Crassius wrote: Crosire already mentioned in the other thread that only the official releases are whitelisted, but thanks for the help.

I saw, but even the official 3.1.2 has the same error for me and many others trying to use my presets, so I'm hoping there's a way to force the computer to accept a file.
  • Uncle Crassius
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #175 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

AssassinsDecree wrote:

Uncle Crassius wrote: Crosire already mentioned in the other thread that only the official releases are whitelisted, but thanks for the help.

I saw, but even the official 3.1.2 has the same error for me and many others trying to use my presets, so I'm hoping there's a way to force the computer to accept a file.

I see, sorry for the misconception. Hope it gets sorted out in the future.
  • klotim
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #176 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

klotim wrote: Shogun 2 total war has blank depth buffer as well, dx 11

The depth buffer is available in this game, even with the 3.1.2 Reshade release game . You have to set RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED to 0.

Oh I thought that the depth buffer settings changed in realtime, my fault.
  • conan2k
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #177 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Some more DX9 games have been tested (for which the depth map cannot be retrieved by the original ReShade):
1) Supreme Commander
The depth map is retrieved successfully. However, it’s impossible to open the ReShade UI when using the modified DLL (i.e. none of keyboard shortcuts are working actually). Since the UI works fine when using the original DLL, I had to configure effects with the help of original ReShade and then replaced the DLL.

2) X3: Terran War Pack

3) Singularity
Works just fine!

4) X-Men Origins: Wolverine
The depth map is retrieved successfully. But there is another annoying issue with the ReShade UI in this game. When trying to scroll the list of effects by the mouse wheel, the UI is zoomed in/out instead. This issue is absent in the original ReShade.

5) Divinity II: Developer's Cut
The depth map is successfully retrieved only when the HDR rendering is disabled in the game menu (the same as with the original ReShade). I’m wondering if it’s possible to improve it and have the depth map retrieved without disabling the HDR option?
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by conan2k.
  • lowenz
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #178 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

conan2k wrote: 3) Singularity
Works just fine!

Old Unreal Engine 3 and maybe 2.5 really benefit from MXAO :p
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marty McFly
  • Uncle Crassius
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #179 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Mount & Blade: Warband is not loading at all for me with the modified Reshade installed. Game closes before I even get to see the launcher.
  • conan2k
More
6 years 2 weeks ago - 6 years 2 weeks ago #180 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote:

conan2k wrote: 3) Singularity
Works just fine!

Old Unreal Engine 3 and maybe 2.5 really benefit from MXAO :p

True. And, actually, two-layer MXAO works wonders in all games I've checked to date (even the most fresh ones). At the moment, there are just no other AO algorithms that could match its IQ and have similar performance.
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by conan2k.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.