Depth buffer detection modifications

• jminternelia
More
6 years 6 days ago #321 by jminternelia Replied by jminternelia on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

robgrab wrote: Here's the path to the save game folder:
<Steam-folder>\userdata\<user-id>\254700\remote\

For me, it is \Steam\userdata\<user-id>\238010
The topic has been locked.
  • robgrab
More
6 years 6 days ago - 6 years 6 days ago #322 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hmm... I was going on information provided by the PCGAMINGWIKI site. I hope I uploaded the right save file. :huh:

Thalixte, please let me know if that’s the proper save file.

Aelius Maximus wrote: "Cheat Engine to give a wider FOV"

Can this be done with many games?

It depends on what you're trying to do. There are plenty of ways to increase the Field of View (FOV) in games although it varies from game to game. Some games simply require you to edit a .ini file. Cheat Engine is a very powerful tool that allows for all sorts of things within games. I only used it here because apparently that's the only way to increase the FOV for this game because I'm also using Flawless Widescreen to scale the image to fit my 21:9 (3440x1440) aspect ratio monitor. If you're simply referring to playing it in a 21:9 aspect ratio then I suppose you could add letterbox black bars but you'd probably still need to use Cheat Engine. Otherwise it'll crop off the lower half of Leon's body.
Last edit: 6 years 6 days ago by robgrab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aelius Maximus
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 days ago #323 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

robgrab wrote: Hmm... I was going on information provided by the PCGAMINGWIKI site. I hope I uploaded the right save file. :huh:

Thalixte, please let me know if that’s the proper save file.

No, problem, i will. Stay tuned ;) Be aware that i am very busy those days, so it will take some times, but i wil work on it as soon as i can.
  • robgrab
More
6 years 6 days ago #324 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: No, problem, i will. Stay tuned ;) Be aware that i am very busy those days, so it will take some times, but i wil work on it as soon as i can.

No rush. You've already done more than enough. Other than those few remaining areas with no depth buffer it works flawlessly for me. My dream was to some day play RE4 and the Bioshock games with AO and DoF, which you have so graciously provided, so even if you stopped development now I'd be happy with where it's at. I will donate to you later tonight because to me that's certainly worth my money.

BTW, I'll double check whether or not that is the correct RE4 game save tonight. :)
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 days ago - 6 years 6 days ago #325 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
@OtisInf => I reproduced your issue. It happens when I switch adaptative supersampling to off. So, for the depth buffer to work properly in TitanFall 2, you need to enable adaptative supersampling. When i have some time, will investigate the reason why it does not work with adaptative supersampling disables. :cheer:
Last edit: 6 years 6 days ago by thalixte.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #326 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

conan2k wrote: PS: thalixte, sorry for being your advocate ;)

Thks to be my advocate ;) But the bug was my fault. In fact, when i released the build 85, i've realized i made a mistake: in this build, I introduced a resetting of some depthstencil instances, as well as the depth_source_table, that keeps track of the number of drawcalls and the number of vertices.
This resetting occurs when the depth buffer settings are changed, or when the frame does not use the clearing buffer method (for instance, when it switches into cinematics, a fix for Vanquish).
In this buid, I resetted the depth_source_table, but not the references of the objects inside it, so when the device was resetted, Reshade entered an infinite loop because all directx9 object references were not released. In dx9, you have to be extra carefull about references count :P
Moreover, the resetting code was not in the right place.
I corrected it in the next release, but to my surprise, you indicated me that the non fixed release worked better than the fixed one for source engine games.
That's why i try to reproduce it...
Last edit: 6 years 5 days ago by thalixte.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 days ago #327 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

jminternelia wrote:

thalixte wrote: Is it possible for you to send me a save ? By advance, thks...

Absolutely.
drive.google.com/file/d/1vJGUKGYhpbP1PK9...9mB/view?usp=sharing

Could it be possible for you to test DXHR without the shadows (in the settings, disable the shadows).

I found that, in DXHRML, the depth buffer works perfectly if i disable the shadows. I guess it has something to do with deferred shadow mapping...
  • robgrab
More
6 years 6 days ago #328 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

jminternelia wrote:

I don't have a folder with that name so it can't be that. Here's where I got my info:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_4_Ul...e_game_data_location
  • jminternelia
More
6 years 5 days ago #329 by jminternelia Replied by jminternelia on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I will tomorrow.
  • jminternelia
More
6 years 5 days ago #330 by jminternelia Replied by jminternelia on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

robgrab wrote:

jminternelia wrote:

I don't have a folder with that name so it can't be that. Here's where I got my info:
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Resident_Evil_4_Ul...e_game_data_location

Derp. In was referring to Deus Ex HUman Revolution's save location. Muh bad.
  • jminternelia
More
6 years 5 days ago #331 by jminternelia Replied by jminternelia on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

jminternelia wrote:

thalixte wrote: Is it possible for you to send me a save ? By advance, thks...

Absolutely.
drive.google.com/file/d/1vJGUKGYhpbP1PK9...9mB/view?usp=sharing

Could it be possible for you to test DXHR without the shadows (in the settings, disable the shadows).

I found that, in DXHRML, the depth buffer works perfectly if i disable the shadows. I guess it has something to do with deferred shadow mapping...

DX9 or DX11?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 days ago #332 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
DX11
  • lowenz
More
6 years 5 days ago #333 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
You got it, man!

It's the culprit in DXHR(DC)!

About it: www.adriancourreges.com/blog/2015/03/10/...tion-graphics-study/
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 days ago #334 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: You got it, man!

It's the culprit in DXHR(DC)!

About it: www.adriancourreges.com/blog/2015/03/10/...tion-graphics-study/

Cool :cheer: Now, it is a pity not to have the shadows when depth buffer is retrieved... :(
  • lowenz
More
6 years 5 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #335 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
No way to tackle the issue?

In some initial releases of your implementation of RS you can retrieve DB with the shadows enabled, but only partially (some parts with "Third", some others with "Fourth" depending on the scene/level.
Last edit: 6 years 5 days ago by lowenz.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #336 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: No way to tackle the issue?

In some initial releases of your implementation of RS you can retrieve DB with the shadows enabled, but only partially (some parts with "Third", some others with "Fourth" depending on the scene/level.

Hmmm. The dxd11 implementation has not changed since a long time. This could be the shadow map that were retrieved in the third or fourth clearing pass, but if it was the case, we should retrieve the depth map at the first or second pass...
Last edit: 6 years 5 days ago by thalixte.
  • OtisInf
More
6 years 5 days ago #337 by OtisInf Replied by OtisInf on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: @OtisInf => I reproduced your issue. It happens when I switch adaptative supersampling to off. So, for the depth buffer to work properly in TitanFall 2, you need to enable adaptative supersampling. When i have some time, will investigate the reason why it does not work with adaptative supersampling disables. :cheer:

ah ok. Strange though :) I'd expect adaptive supersampling == on to cause no depth buffer to be present at all... Anyway, glad it's cleared up.
  • lowenz
More
6 years 5 days ago #338 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Hmmm. The dxd11 implementation has not changed since a long time. This could be the shadow map that were retrieved in the third or fourth clearing pass, but if it was the case, we should retrieve the depth map at the first or second pass...

Maybe it was First/Second, and I remember wrong (probably).
The thing I remember clearly is that some levels/some parts of the same level got MXAO alternatively working.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 days ago #339 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote:

thalixte wrote:

Maybe it was First/Second, and I remember wrong (probably).
The thing I remember clearly is that some levels/some parts of the same level got MXAO alternatively working.

Ok. On this levels, when you disable shadows, does it work flawlessly ?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 days ago #340 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

OtisInf wrote:

thalixte wrote: @OtisInf => I reproduced your issue. It happens when I switch adaptative supersampling to off. So, for the depth buffer to work properly in TitanFall 2, you need to enable adaptative supersampling. When i have some time, will investigate the reason why it does not work with adaptative supersampling disables. :cheer:

ah ok. Strange though :) I'd expect adaptive supersampling == on to cause no depth buffer to be present at all... Anyway, glad it's cleared up.

Yes. I'd expect the same :P
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.