Depth buffer detection modifications

• AssassinsDecree
More
5 years 9 months ago #401 by AssassinsDecree Replied by AssassinsDecree on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Just stopped by to say thank you, thalixte! Because of you, there's DOF in Ubisoft's Steep now. I'm working on a preset that I'll hopefully release soon for folks and the DoF is only possible with the modified depth-buffer detection.

A question while I'm here, is there a way I can include which depth buffer should be used on start-up of a game?

Thanks again for all your work on this, I can't imagine what it must take! Have a great day!
-Merc
The topic has been locked.
  • Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 9 months ago #402 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Played a bit of RE4 HD today and didn't encounter any problems while aiming. Not the best settings, just for demonstrating that it works. At least I didn't notice anything broken.

• thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #403 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Yes, it is possible if you tick the "Copy depth before clearing", because the depth buffer texture selection uses an ordinal number in this case.

If you untick it, Reshade uses the previous depth buffer detection algorithm, based on the depthstencil address. So when you restart the game, the adress change, and you have to set again the depth texture (the idea to show the depth textures on a checkbox list is a great Crosire's idea).

Good to know it works with Steep ;)
  • du
More
5 years 9 months ago #404 by du Replied by du on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I tried all the dlls in this post. . . . All failed. . . .
Can you share dll and settings?
translate by google
  • Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #405 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

du wrote: I tried all the dlls in this post. . . . All failed. . . .
Can you share dll and settings?

translate by google

This is the one I use (for Resident Evil 4, if it's about Steep I've no clue). I assume it's ok for Thalixte if I share his dll in this thread. I think it's the Vanquish one because it has the viewport restraint option. If not I'll take it down.

Settings:
1. Turn off ingame Anti Aliasing (important, as it is in many other games)
2. Depth is not reversed and not logarithmic.
3. Check the box for "before clearing number"
4. Clearing number: Third
5. Flag number: None
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Uncle Crassius.
The following user(s) said Thank You: du, thalixte
  • mbah.primbon
More
5 years 9 months ago #406 by mbah.primbon Replied by mbah.primbon on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Holy shiet, can someone test it on FarCry 2? Afaik, the depth buffer was cleared after the intro
  • McCallahan
More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #407 by McCallahan Replied by McCallahan on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
A very interesting mod. Has it been tested with flight sims, Prepar3D x64? Using the x64 dll dated June 20th.

I'm getting crash on startup: pastebin.com/TxFz74Sc

Changing these has no effect:

PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0

Reshade 3.1.2 is the base install.
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by McCallahan.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #408 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

mbah.primbon wrote: Holy shiet, can someone test it on FarCry 2? Afaik, the depth buffer was cleared after the intro

I tested on Far Cry 2, and it works OK. Remember to disable ingame anti-aliasing for this to work (in the dx10 tab, you can check if is is enabled or not). My settings for this specific game (dxgi.ini):
RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0

[DX10_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DepthBufferRetrievalMode=1
ExtendedDepthBufferDetection=0
DepthBufferClearingNumber=2
DepthBufferTextureFormat=0
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by thalixte.
  • mbah.primbon
More
5 years 8 months ago #409 by mbah.primbon Replied by mbah.primbon on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

mbah.primbon wrote: Holy shiet, can someone test it on FarCry 2? Afaik, the depth buffer was cleared after the intro

I tested on Far Cry 2, and it works OK. Remember to disable ingame anti-aliasing for this to work (in the dx10 tab, you can check if is is enabled or not). When i am at home, will post my settings for this specific game.

Thanks a lot mate. Dont worry bout the settings, i can handle it by myself.
  • Chavolatra
More
5 years 8 months ago #410 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Do you can have after dx9.dlls finished,, improvement depth buffer detection in opengl too ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight
  • Nerrel
More
5 years 8 months ago #411 by Nerrel Replied by Nerrel on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Uncle Crassius wrote: Played a bit of RE4 HD today and didn't encounter any problems while aiming. Not the best settings, just for demonstrating that it works. At least I didn't notice anything broken.

The problem I have with that version is that it washes the colors out and makes the image very bright and weak. This is what the game looks like whether any effects are enabled or not (this is not MXAO debug view):

If I go into the settings and change the resolution, the image goes back to normal and looks fine. If I open the Steam overlay, it goes right back to being washed out. I didn't get that problem with the first RE4 compatible version, but that version did have Leon turning transparent while he aimed.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #412 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
If i have the time, maybe, but i need to know a game where it could be usefull...
  • Uncle Crassius
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #413 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Nerrel wrote: The problem I have with that version is that it washes the colors out and makes the image very bright and weak.

Strange, haven't encountered that issue once. Wonder what causes it.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Uncle Crassius.
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 8 months ago #414 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: If i have the time, maybe, but i need to know a game where it could be usefull...

For Opengl games that need depth buffer access. That I tested.

Chronicles of Riddick Assult on Dark Athena
Chronicles of Riddick Escape from butcher bay

Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Prey 2006 - It works but hard to access....
  • Nerrel
More
5 years 8 months ago #415 by Nerrel Replied by Nerrel on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

thalixte wrote: If i have the time, maybe, but i need to know a game where it could be usefull...

For Opengl games that need depth buffer access. That I tested.

Chronicles of Riddick Assult on Dark Athena
Chronicles of Riddick Escape from butcher bay

Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Prey 2006 - It works but hard to access....

I would also find it useful for emulators/plugins that use openGL, particularly GlideN64. MXAO actually works really well in N64 games, the problem is that getting depth buffer access has required disabling important features in past versions and the current version of GlideN64 no longer works with it at all.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 8 months ago #416 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Prey 2006 - It works but hard to access....

Same for Q4.
  • Chavolatra
More
5 years 7 months ago #417 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
depth buffer does not work properly on l4d2
  • Bloody Eugene
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #418 by Bloody Eugene Replied by Bloody Eugene on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Bloody Eugene wrote: Hi there.
Can anyone help me to access DB in old dx9 Telltale engine games like Tales of Monkey Island, Tales from the Borderlands, Game of thrones, Back to the future, etc?
They all uses the same engine, but I can't find a way to access it.
Tried many versions of the dll, many settings (from reshade ones, to the game ones, to the graphic card ones) but without success.
Thanks to anyone willing to help ^_^

Did anyone succeeded on Telltale Games?
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Bloody Eugene.
  • Chavolatra
More
5 years 6 months ago #419 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Depth Buffer dont work in Resident Evil 1 HD Remaster =(
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #420 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hello guys !

I have some new dlls for testing in dx9 :) Because of the technique used, it can be taxing. In my rig, it is not, but i would like to now if it is in another rigs.
Could you please test games with source engine (Half life 2 , Left 4 dead 2), or in Resident Evil 4 hd ?

Here are the dlls:
By advance, thks ;)
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: conan2k, Androll, GP-Unity
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.