Depth buffer detection modifications

• Laitauriz
More
5 years 3 months ago #521 by Laitauriz Replied by Laitauriz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hi there. IS it possible for someone to upload dll for source games. I want to access depth buffer in Half Life 2. It would be very kind. Thank you.
The topic has been locked.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #522 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Laitauriz wrote: Hi there. IS it possible for someone to upload dll for source games. I want to access depth buffer in Half Life 2. It would be very kind. Thank you.

This one should work :
Half-Life2 d3d9

The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight
  • Laitauriz
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #523 by Laitauriz Replied by Laitauriz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Thank you a lot! But i have an other issue now.

I installed latest reshade version and then put your d3d9.dll in order to overwrite mine. Now reshade is no longer detected by the game. No reshade window anymore. It's like your dll is not detected. Have you an idea? I tried your dll with reshade 3.2.1 too but it didn't work again.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Laitauriz.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #524 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I guess this is because you don't have the same hl2.exe version as mine. Is it a 32bits or 64bits version ?
  • Laitauriz
More
5 years 3 months ago #525 by Laitauriz Replied by Laitauriz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
It seems it's the 32 bits! And it's Half life 2 Update, i don't know if it changes something
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #526 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Will see later which version i own.

I suggest you to test this one, maybe it can help:
d3d9.dll 32 bits
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by thalixte.
  • Laitauriz
More
5 years 3 months ago #527 by Laitauriz Replied by Laitauriz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
It seems to work well ! I'll tell you if i encounter any issue. Thank you a lot! I can play recent MMod with reshade now :) . Incredible work, thanks!
  • Chavolatra
More
5 years 3 months ago #528 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Has anyone managed depth buffer Resident evil 0 and 1 hd remaster ?
  • Leilu
More
5 years 3 months ago #529 by Leilu Replied by Leilu on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hi,

With Dark Souls 3, each time I use a nvidia DSR resolution, depth is not shown anymore (black screen) and DOF does'nt work.
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 3 months ago #530 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
@thalixte

Ya, I tested your posted dll with Oblivion. It does seem possible to get a depth buffer in the 3rd person mod in that game. But, the problem it's strobing really fast.

If you have time I think that game would help with that new dll creation.

Also, Thank you.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #531 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: @thalixte

Ya, I tested your posted dll with Oblivion. It does seem possible to get a depth buffer in the 3rd person mod in that game. But, the problem it's strobing really fast.

Also, Thank you.

Hi, how are you ?
Does it happen in d3d9 or d3d10 (don't remember the rendering api of this game)?
  • JBeckman
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #532 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Elder Scrolls (4) Oblivion? That's D3D9 with shader model 2.0(b) primarily, transition area period from DirectX 8 to DirectX 9 just before and then shader model 2.0, 2.0b and moving to 3.0 though I can't say if ReShade is affected by shader model or if it's just the API itself. :)

Oblivion and Fallout 3 / New Vegas does use 3.0 for the HDR lighting effect (adaptive brightness.) but it's a bit mixed.
(The games also used shader files for the most common AMD and NVIDIA GPU's in 18 separate files loading whatever is closest and then a 19th file going fully with shader model 3.0 but trying to force that usually just breaks the graphics in the game.)

EDIT: 2.0b I think is mainly for hair filtering resulting in finer transparency for character hair on supported hardware. Though that probably doesn't mean much else.

EDIT: I guess renaming the exe file would risk breaking things also but the game did have quite a few driver hacks from both AMD and NVIDIA, old chuck patch from AMD's side allowing HDR+MSAA together for one thing which NVIDIA also had something to allow this combination.
(Ticking HDR in the launcher would gray out MSAA so it was one or the other but this way driver forced MSAA didn't break anything and both worked at a slightly higher performance penalty as the downside to doing this.)

Quite common in games back then (DOOM3 had a lot of fun things done to it as I recall.) but it's deeper than the DirectX layer and I can't really say how much is in the current drivers either or if it even risks breaking shader injectors or if it's something else messing with the depth buffer format or how ReShade tries hooking it for this title.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by JBeckman.
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 3 months ago #533 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Also, Thank you.

Hi, how are you ?
Does it happen in d3d9 or d3d10 (don't remember the rendering api of this game)?

JBeckman said it best. :D It's d3d9 with some quirks.

I am doing OK. Thank you for asking.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #534 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

thalixte wrote:

Also, Thank you.

Hi, how are you ?

JBeckman said it best. :D It's d3d9 with some quirks.

I am doing OK. Thank you for asking.

Ok, good to hear ;) Thks for both of you (you and JBeckman).

I still have the game box, but i don't know if the dvd still works :whistle: ...
  • Sami 1999
More
5 years 3 months ago #535 by Sami 1999 Replied by Sami 1999 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Is there anything I can do to make the normal map in this game look "normal" ? Here's some screenshot showing the issue with the normal maps in House of Dead model 2:

Depth buffer looks fine:

Normal map is wire framed:

This happens with all Sega Model 2 games [running on Nebula Model 2 emulator]. Depth of field works fine due to depth map showing correctly, but ambient occlusion and SSR aren't working well at all. The PC port works fine but that was a very dumbed down port. So if it's possible to fix the normals here, then it would be great. I've fiddled with "_IS_LOGARITHMIC" settings. But nothing worked.

Is this game's fault because of the way it's designed or there is still some hope?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #536 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Maybe try to play with the RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE parameter (decrease it gradually by ranges of 100 to see what happens).
  • Sami 1999
More
5 years 3 months ago #537 by Sami 1999 Replied by Sami 1999 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Thanks for replaying. Unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue. I even tried negative values and that didn't work.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #538 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Sami 1999 wrote: Thanks for replaying. Unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue. I even tried negative values and that didn't work.

Hmm, that's strange. Maybe you could ask Daodan what can cause this behaviour... Which Reshade dll do you use (the official one, or one of my WIP version) ?
  • Sami 1999
More
5 years 3 months ago #539 by Sami 1999 Replied by Sami 1999 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
The official one I suppose? I mean the one which you can download from the main page of Reshade website [It's the official one, right?] .
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #540 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Sami 1999 wrote: The official one I suppose? I mean the one which you can download from the main page of Reshade website [It's the official one, right?] .

Yes it is...
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.