Depth buffer detection modifications

• conan2k
More
6 years 1 month ago #61 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

conan2k wrote:

thalixte wrote:

B4rr3l wrote:

thalixte wrote: Hi, do you know which version of directx the mod uses ?

DX9.0C

Ok, so that's what i said, my modifications do not apply to this directx version, sorry.

Would it be possible for you to port these modifications to DX9 in the foreseeable future? Lots of older but still nice games could benefit from MXAO and good DOF (Dishonored, Mass Effect 1-3, Fallout 3, XCOM 1-2, and many others).

Since i own Mass Effect 2, i could try if i find some times. I am still waiting for Crosire to approve my pull request or not on the Reshade's repo.

Are you sure Dishnonored is a DX 9 game ?

So, yes, Dishonored (the 1st one) is DX9-only. If you ever need help with testing, just let me know. I can test on these DX9-only games which lack the depth buffer access right now:
- Dishonored
- Divinity: Original Sin
- Fallout 3
- F.E.A.R. 2
- King's Bounty: Warriors of the North
- Mass Effect 1-3
- Pillars of Eternity
- Resident Evil 6
- The Witcher
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown

If needed, I can also test on a number of DX10 and 11 titles.

BTW, awesome work on DX11 modifications! Definitely most important advancement in ReShade since the release of v3.0 IMO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thalixte
The topic has been locked.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #62 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
@Crosire,

Is there something wrong with the pull request i made on reshade, or it is just you have't found some time to keep on reviewing it ? :)

By advance, thks
  • B4rr3l
More
6 years 1 month ago #63 by B4rr3l Replied by B4rr3l on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

B4rr3l wrote:

DX9.0C

Ok, so that's what i said, my modifications do not apply to this directx version, sorry.

Ok, that is sad news, thanks for all the attention.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #64 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

B4rr3l wrote:

thalixte wrote:

B4rr3l wrote:

DX9.0C

Ok, that is sad news, thanks for all the attention.

I will try to make something, if i can. Test actually on Mass Effect 2. I managed to retrieve the depth buffer for it, but i still have some work for it to be used by the shaders...
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Androll
  • didel23
More
6 years 1 month ago #65 by didel23 Replied by didel23 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
is this added to the release, yet?

the DL links on previous pages dont work.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #66 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

didel23 wrote: is this added to the release, yet?

Yes, they should work for dx11 games...
For dx9, i am working on it. Not sure i will manage to make it work for this version of directX, but i can see the depth buffer (Mass Effect 2):

[img

[img
  • didel23
More
6 years 1 month ago #67 by didel23 Replied by didel23 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
No, i mean the links you posted for the dll are broken.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #68 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

didel23 wrote: No, i mean the links you posted for the dll are broken.

Ok, maybe the key has been revoked.

So, here are the links:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Uncle Crassius, didel23
  • matsilagi
More
6 years 1 month ago #69 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I really hope you update your copy soon with both the recent ReShade changes + the new DX11/10 and DX9 depth buffer detection.
Im totally hyped to compile that myself.
  • didel23
More
6 years 1 month ago #70 by didel23 Replied by didel23 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
So im trying to use MXAO with antialiasing in asseto corsa and no success.
It should be possible, right? or am i wasting my time?
Is there a way to know what type of depth buffer the game is using?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #71 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

didel23 wrote: So im trying to use MXAO with antialiasing in asseto corsa and no success.

Didn't test on Assetto Corsa. I now it works on Project Cars 2. Play with the depth buffer settings and see if there is a good combination for this specific game. One thing you should be aware of: Reshade disables automatically depth buffer if an online connexion is detected. Use the displaydepth shader to check if it works.
  • B4rr3l
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #72 by B4rr3l Replied by B4rr3l on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

didel23 wrote: is this added to the release, yet?

Yes, they should work for dx11 games...
For dx9, i am working on it. Not sure i will manage to make it work for this version of directX, but i can see the depth buffer (Mass Effect 2):
]

That is good news!
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by B4rr3l.
  • didel23
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #73 by didel23 Replied by didel23 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

didel23 wrote: So im trying to use MXAO with antialiasing in asseto corsa and no success.

Didn't test on Assetto Corsa. I now it works on Project Cars 2. Play with the depth buffer settings and see if there is a good combination for this specific game. One thing you should be aware of: Reshade disables automatically depth buffer if an online connexion is detected. Use the displaydepth shader to check if it works.

Nope, doesnt work. i wasnt in multiplayer either.

gonna try other games with AA activated
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by didel23.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #74 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

didel23 wrote:

thalixte wrote:

Nope, doesnt work. i wasnt in multiplayer either.

gonna try other games with AA activated

Depth buffer cannot display when multi sampling AA is enabled in game.
I managed to display depth buffer with displaydepth shader in Assetto Corsa.

Here is my depth buffer detection settings in dxgi.ini:
[DEPTH_BUFFER_DETECTION]
DepthBufferRetrievalMode=1
DepthBufferClearingNumber=1
DepthBufferTextureFormat=0

Important: depth buffer is not reversed, so you have to set RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0 in dxgi.ini.
  • lowenz
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #75 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
And what a about DX11-wrapped games? (see dgVoodoo2)
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by lowenz.
  • Scorpio82CO
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #76 by Scorpio82CO Replied by Scorpio82CO on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
i probe it into dx9... still no progress in dx9 games but, Still to open blocked depth access with Gedosato cheat!

• thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #77 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Scorpio82CO wrote: i probe it into dx9... still no progress in dx9 games but, Still to open blocked depth access with Gedosato cheat!

So, Depth buffer is available with GeDoSato ? Does it still necessary to try to enable it in DirectX 9 games with reshade ?
For the moment, i manage to make the depth buffer works in ME2, but unfortunately, it breaks the depth test in the final rendering stage.

Here are some examples of ME2 with MXAO debug mode:
[img

[img
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scorpio82CO
  • conan2k
More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #78 by conan2k Replied by conan2k on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:
So, Depth buffer is available with GeDoSato ? Does it still necessary to try to enable it in DirectX 9 games with reshade ?

If I remember correctly, GeDoSaTo tries to inject its own "baked" depth texture when the original depth texture is empty. The result doesn't look correct in many cases. So, yes, your depth buffer retrieval technique is much more promising and highly preferable over that.

If you are interested to look into it, here is the link to the source code of "GenericDepthPlugin" which GeDoSaTo uses to inject the depth texture:
Link
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by conan2k.
  • Scorpio82CO
More
6 years 4 weeks ago - 6 years 4 weeks ago #79 by Scorpio82CO Replied by Scorpio82CO on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I create a missunderstood, sorry... I mean with Gedosato gives me the depthbuffer, but I´m using the Reshade Depth Effects

Spec Ops: The Line dont´t have access to Depth Buffer with reshade

[img

this is MXAO debug (sorry for the poor of the shader again.. I moved to the last effect in the chain effect)

[img
Last edit: 6 years 4 weeks ago by Scorpio82CO.
  • robgrab
More
6 years 4 weeks ago #80 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

conan2k wrote:

thalixte wrote:

If I remember correctly, GeDoSaTo tries to inject its own "baked" depth texture when the original depth texture is empty. The result doesn't look correct in many cases. So, yes, your depth buffer retrieval technique is much more promising and highly preferable over that.

If you are interested to look into it, here is the link to the source code of "GenericDepthPlugin" which GeDoSaTo uses to inject the depth texture:
Link

GeDoSaTo is what I used to use to inject AO in RE4 (dx9). Unfortunately it was extremely buggy and didn't work in most areas.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.