Depth buffer detection modifications

• thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #901 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Northernpike wrote: Believe me, I have tried every possible combination of settings, the issue seems to be that the depth buffer detection isnĀ“t working correctly.

When you say that you tried every combination of settings, are you talking about the preprocessor definitions ? Don't forget that, when you have found the sweet post for depth buffer settings with the DisplayDepth shader, you have next to set the preprocessor definitions accordingly in order for the other shaders to work correctly (qUInt, or MXAO, for instance)...

To illustrate this, in the Left4Dead2 settings i have mentioned above, you have to set the preprocessor definitions like this:
PreprocessorDefinitions=RESHADE_DEPTH_LINEARIZATION_FAR_PLANE=1000.0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0

because i have those settings with the DisplayDepth shader:
[DisplayDepth.fx]
bUIUsePreprocessorDefs=0
fUIFarPlane=1000.000000
iUIUpsideDown=0
iUIReversed=0
iUILogarithmic=0
iUIPresentType=1

Daodan's thread is very usefull for this:
reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/4810-...s-in-displaydepth-fx

And the great Durante Thread (there should be a link to it in the main Reshade web site):
reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/5227-ea...-deal-troubles-again
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Northernpike
The topic has been locked.
  • Northernpike
More
4 years 10 months ago #902 by Northernpike Replied by Northernpike on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
When I said that I meant the preprocessor + the dx9 settings, I am well aware of how the DisplayDepth shader works, I just happened to copy settings from the Displaydepth.ini, instead of the Reshade.ini :) My preprocessor is set to the same settings as the DisplayDepth shader.
  • Pat_s2
More
4 years 10 months ago #903 by Pat_s2 Replied by Pat_s2 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
yea those are the settings i had to make it work but full screen doesnt work for some reason. no graphic packs being used.
  • Scorpio82CO
More
4 years 10 months ago #904 by Scorpio82CO Replied by Scorpio82CO on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I have a question... are there a way to fix the crossing fog - light - transparency volumes to detect the effect with the DB, as Is well known when apply an effect like ambient occlussion It not work correctly, I hope to make me understand..
  • lowenz
More
4 years 10 months ago #905 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
You can try playing with the blending option (MXAO). Not a perfect solution but still a solution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scorpio82CO
  • Laq776
More
4 years 10 months ago #906 by Laq776 Replied by Laq776 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hey, awesome work!

i have searched most of the thread but I haven't found any info regarding Dishonored 2?

I have tried some of the .dlls you have posted, tried various different settings combinations but nothing seems to work, it looks like reshade is choosing the UI/HUD depth buffer.
  • Scorpio82CO
More
4 years 10 months ago #907 by Scorpio82CO Replied by Scorpio82CO on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I have the firsts results...tested in Rage blendmode 0 is perfect with ui mask ..still working it and will show some images soon, i hope to fuse in other games..
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #908 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Laq776 wrote: Hey, awesome work!

i have searched most of the thread but I haven't found any info regarding Dishonored 2?

I have tried some of the .dlls you have posted, tried various different settings combinations but nothing seems to work, it looks like reshade is choosing the UI/HUD depth buffer.

Have you checked that MSAA is inactive ?
  • Laq776
More
4 years 10 months ago #909 by Laq776 Replied by Laq776 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Thank you for the reply.

Yes, the game supports only FXAA (two presets) and TXAA 1x. Toggling them does not seem to change anything.

I have also found some info while searching this forum for solutions, I am just confirming it here by testing it myself:
Normally In-game reshade chooses the depth buffer used for the HUD elements: i.imgur.com/EJsQsA8.png

But when you press ESC to go into the pause menu the HUD is briefly not rendered, for this small period of time Reshade shows the correct Depth Buffer like so:
i.imgur.com/cIAYnyE.png and i.imgur.com/R3xUaPc.png
(same thing when going back from the pause menu to the game.)

Also, when using NVIDIA ANSEL, the HUD is not rendered and again Reshade uses the correct buffer: i.imgur.com/F4czxnZ.png
(No First Person model because Ansel hides it.)
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #910 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Laq776 wrote: Thank you for the reply.

Yes, the game supports only FXAA (two presets) and TXAA 1x. Toggling them does not seem to change anything.

I have also found some info while searching this forum for solutions, I am just confirming it here by testing it myself:
Normally In-game reshade chooses the depth buffer used for the HUD elements: i.imgur.com/EJsQsA8.png

But when you press ESC to go into the pause menu the HUD is briefly not rendered, for this small period of time Reshade shows the correct Depth Buffer like so:
i.imgur.com/cIAYnyE.png and i.imgur.com/R3xUaPc.png
(same thing when going back from the pause menu to the game.)

Also, when using NVIDIA ANSEL, the HUD is not rendered and again Reshade uses the correct buffer: i.imgur.com/F4czxnZ.png
(No First Person model because Ansel hides it.)

Can you please show me a screen of your DX11 tab settings ?
  • Laq776
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #911 by Laq776 Replied by Laq776 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Of course, thank you again
Here it is: i.imgur.com/RTgS74m.png

I have tried some of the options and it looks like this works... Was I supposed to do this?
i.imgur.com/r3hmqqE.png (1 looks like this but half-res, 3-5 look identical to 2 but mxao does not seem to work, 6 is the HUD... I think, I am sorry if this is wrong)

I have tried MXAO with the above buffer selected, raised far plane distance to 10000 because it seemed to shade only the hands and the immediate vicinity, but this is the best I could come up with: i.imgur.com/3I646wI.png
It's very stripe-y and jittery ingame
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Laq776.
  • Uncle Crassius
More
4 years 10 months ago #912 by Uncle Crassius Replied by Uncle Crassius on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Would disabling the HUD in the menu work?
  • Laq776
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #913 by Laq776 Replied by Laq776 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Just tried it, there is very granular control over the HUD options in this game, but there is no toggle for the entire HUD.
When Ansel hides the HUD or for the brief moment it is not rendered when entering/exiting pause, then Reshade uses the correct DB (I guess, it looks correct)

So I disabled every HUD option available and it does not seem to help, if I use the default Depth Buffer the screen is simply black with DisplayDepth (or white with MXAO)
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Laq776.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #914 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Laq776 wrote: Of course, thank you again
Here it is: i.imgur.com/RTgS74m.png

I have tried some of the options and it looks like this works... Was I supposed to do this?
i.imgur.com/r3hmqqE.png (1 looks like this but half-res, 3-5 look identical to 2 but mxao does not seem to work, 6 is the HUD... I think, I am sorry if this is wrong)

I have tried MXAO with the above buffer selected, raised far plane distance to 10000 because it seemed to shade only the hands and the immediate vicinity, but this is the best I could come up with: i.imgur.com/3I646wI.png
It's very stripe-y and jittery ingame

With this settings:
you have the right depth buffer. There is no need to remove the UI.

In order for MXAO to work properly, you have to set the preprocessor options accordingly to the displaydepth settings.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by thalixte.
  • MokouPrice
More
4 years 10 months ago #915 by MokouPrice Replied by MokouPrice on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
MW3 no longer able to detect depth buffer after reshade 4.0, even with your dll, can you help?
  • x8009
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #916 by x8009 Replied by x8009 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Laq776 wrote: Hey, awesome work!

For me Dishonored - Death of the Outsider works which didn't work till now 4.3 , you really need to expand it and pick the right shader

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/458063532...9-06-05_15-12-52.png
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by x8009.
  • Laitauriz
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #917 by Laitauriz Replied by Laitauriz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hi thalixte. i was playing with MXAO and the new RT shader in Stalker Clear SKy and Call of Prypiat and noticed a thing .

When you play in dx9 mode everything is fine, but when you are in dx10 or dx11 mode, mxao and RT produce a lot of ghosting. It's not usual ghosting like in other games, i am pretty sure it has something to do with depth buffer. Can you investigate it ? The only way i found is to reduce the amount of the effects, but i was wondering if you could do something. Thank you.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Laitauriz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: onestalkyboi
  • Pat_s2
More
4 years 10 months ago #918 by Pat_s2 Replied by Pat_s2 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
thalixte have you played Vikings wolves of Midguard? Anti aliasing seems to work with everything for some reason.
  • onestalkyboi
More
4 years 10 months ago #919 by onestalkyboi Replied by onestalkyboi on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Laitauriz wrote: Hi thalixte. i was playing with MXAO and the new RT shader in Stalker Clear SKy and Call of Prypiat and noticed a thing .

When you play in dx9 mode everything is fine, but when you are in dx10 or dx11 mode, mxao and RT produce a lot of ghosting. It's not usual ghosting like in other games, i am pretty sure it has something to do with depth buffer. Can you investigate it ? The only way i found is to reduce the amount of the effects, but i was wondering if you could do something. Thank you.

Yes! Please do S.T.A.L.K.E.R!
  • Siridon
More
4 years 10 months ago #920 by Siridon Replied by Siridon on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
In Journey, the depth buffer is shifted up, tell me how to set up

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.