Depth buffer detection modifications

• lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #441 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: The Fix is sometimes fundamental BUT it seems altering the luma/brightness/contrast!

Same problem elsewhere, the "fix" FIXES the depth buffer detection BUT introduces a luma/brightness shift in some pass (bloom pass in Call of Chtulu DCotE)

[img

[img
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by lowenz.
The topic has been locked.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago #442 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Halo CE working ^_^

[img
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago #443 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Styx beautifully working :D (in-game too, MXAO is a must for this game)

[img

Thanks man, AWESOME work!
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #444 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Unreal 2 case of study: through Crosire d3d8to9 wrapper the DB detection works (tip: change the farplane to 100 to see) but there's literally A CUBE around the player/camera, put by the engine for some reason.

[img

Any idea about the presence and how to remove it? (I repeat, it's not a detection problem, it's something engine-related).
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #445 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I was able to find a game where your DLL Crashes it.

Condemned Criminal Origins Crashes
F.E.A.R

With your dll and not with any other ReShade I have tested. The Error the game gives is "Unable to initialize the renderer to a valid video mode."

The game starts normally with any other DX9 from the official release.

Here is the d3d9.log
pastebin.com/1gHFRS3T

Look like it happens to LithTech engine games. So I also tested F.E.A.R Sure enough same error.

Tron 2.0 Refuses to start. But, this problem also happens with normal ReShade. Dat LithTech Engine.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #446 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Strange, I have no problem in FEAR and FEAR XP with "original" ReShade.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #447 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: Unreal 2 case of study: through Crosire d3d8to9 wrapper the DB detection works (tip: change the farplane to 100 to see) but there's literally A CUBE around the player/camera, put by the engine for some reason.

Same "problem" (I repeat, it seems an engine limitation and not a reshade issue) in Republic Commando:

[img

If anyone got an idea about tackle this.....
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago #448 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Raven Shield working :)

[img
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #449 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Big thks, guys. Helped me a lot ! I upload here two new dlls.
As i don't own FEAR and FEAR 2, i would like to know if it fixes the issues mentioned above. In the pastebin, i saw that F.E.A.R. seemed to be in multi-sampled mode. Remember that the depth buffer detection does not work in this mode.

Important: regarding your feedbacks I inverted the compatibility fix behaviour.

New dlls:
d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

Also, did not encounter any issue in ResidentEvil 4 HD, in fullscreen mode and 1080p (of course, anti-aliasing disabled)...
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by thalixte.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago #450 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
FEAR as always is working out of the box:

[img
image upload
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #451 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
And if you enable the "copy depth before clearig mode", do you encounter the same error than BSD ("Unable to initialize the renderer to a valid video mode.") ?
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #452 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: And if you enable the "copy depth before clearig mode", do you encounter the same error than BSD ("Unable to initialize the renderer to a valid video mode.") ?

No, I got the luma/brightness problem :p

Now that you've "inverted" the "fix" (can you explain what it is/does and why we got the luma/brightness alteration?) the behaviour is swapped: the "fix" fixes the luma/brightness problem you can have enabling the C.D.B.B.C. (copy depth buffer before clearing) BUT there are the same DB retrieving issue I've pointed out before:

[img

wrong luma, no issue
[img

right luma BUT depth issues
[img
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #453 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Addendum: last implementation makes qUINT MXAO crash the game, but let's concentrate on the DB retrieval ("DisplayDepth" shader) and the issues of the retrieving (in d3d9 games and wrapped d3d8 games).
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #454 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: And if you enable the "copy depth before clearig mode", do you encounter the same error than BSD ("Unable to initialize the renderer to a valid video mode.") ?

This new update fixes. They Both start now and work.
F.E.A.R
Condemned Criminal Origins

F.E.A.R 2 also works now no strange Depth Buffers issues.

Also Condemned Criminal Origins Depth Buffer is now steady so it looks like you also fixed that problem. Thank you.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #455 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: wrong luma, no issue

right luma BUT depth issues
[img

Addendum 2: the DB is retrieved correctly after the "fix" (use "DepthDisplay" Shader) BUT in-game you have the issue you can see in the screenshot.
The same for Thief DS!

After the fix here's the DB:
[img

But as you can imagine there's a BIG issue with the scene :p
[img
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #456 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: so it looks like you also fixed that problem. Thank you.

Try checking and unchecking the CDBFC option in game and you'll see the luma/brightness shifting (take 2 pictures ON/OFF next to a light source).
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #457 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote:

Try checking and unchecking the CDBFC option in game and you'll see the luma/brightness shifting (take 2 pictures ON/OFF next to a light source).

The bloom effect also turns off in Condemned Criminal Origins when you turn that setting on and off. I think this is expected behaviour.

Ya, I noticed it. I guess it toggling a shader on and off in this game.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #458 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

lowenz wrote:

The bloom effect also turns off in Condemned Criminal Origins when you turn that setting on and off. I think this is expected behaviour. Ya, I noticed it.

It's NOT expected :p

ALL DISABLED (correct rendering)
[img

CDBBC (wrong rendering output, some layer multiplication going on under the hood?)
[img

Fix (now it's right)
[img
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #459 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
You can see the depth issue with the fix:
*correctly retrieving the DB
*correctly conserving the luma/brightness
*BUT introducing depth issues:

[img

[img
  • lowenz
More
5 years 6 months ago #460 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
CoC Dark Corners of the Earth issues:

*CDBBC works but introduces the luma/brightness shift (see the light @left, same behaviour of FEAR and other games)
[img

[img

*Fix mode fixes the light but impacts the DB detection
[img
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.