Depth buffer detection modifications

• lowenz
More
5 years 5 months ago #501 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Switching seems often problematic, not only in FC.
The topic has been locked.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 5 months ago #502 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Issue shows with AND without switching.
This is the depthview starting a fresh game with ALL disabled:

[img
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #503 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: Issue shows with AND without switching.

And what is displayed on the UI ? With the Reshade offical version, and in mine ?
  • lowenz
More
5 years 5 months ago #504 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

And what is displayed on the UI ? With the Reshade offical version, and in mine ?

?

This is yours, no particular issues with the Crosire one (you can see the correct depth image).
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #505 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote:

thalixte wrote:

?

This is yours, no particular issues with the Crosire one (you can see the correct depth image).

I 'm aware of it (i will not make any pull request that could introduce regressions, and that's why it is important to test on several games). But what i would like you to do, is to show me a screenshot of the detected depth buffers with the offical reshade release , and a screenshot of the detected depth buffers with mine, to see if there is a difference in the number of DBs, in the normal detection mode (aka ALL disabled). By advance, thks...
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by thalixte.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #506 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
SAME LOCATION (checkpoint)
NO MOUSE ROTATION

Modded (yours):
[img

Original:
[img
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by lowenz.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #507 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: SAME LOCATION (checkpoint)
NO MOUSE ROTATION

Modded (yours):

Original:
[img

Thks a lot. But what i would like to see is the content of the DX9 tab in both cases ;)
  • lowenz
More
5 years 5 months ago #508 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
here!

[img

[img
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #509 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: here!

[img

OK. Thks. So now, i see where the pb is:

Look at the first screen. The db selected is the one that has the max of drawcalls.
In the second one, this is not the case. I guess this is because it does not replace the best_match when the game adds a new db.

As soon as i can, will force the db replacement by the reshack one on each frame, so you can tell me if it fixes this issue.

Big thks
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by thalixte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lowenz
  • lowenz
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #510 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Thanks to you, you're the code-man, me I'm only a tester :D
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by lowenz.
  • BeTa
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #511 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
:( i dont get iot to work with fear...
i did see someone posted it and there is also an FIX for it in form of the d3d9.dll.
But when i exchange the dll, nothing changes, still a Black depth buffer.
Do i need more then the d3d9.dll?

Or do i need to download something else also?

thanks...

EDIT:

Found the issue, working now..
SSR with F.E.A.R haha niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicee...

Love it..Pffffffffffff who wants Nvidias Overpriced RTX stuff, when u can have " :lol: Ray tracing :blink: " on an old Kepler Card :) waaahahahhaha.....

I LOVE IT

:silly:
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by BeTa.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 5 months ago #512 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
FEAR works well with standard ReShade in retrieving the DB ;)
No need of custom version.
  • melodycloud
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #513 by melodycloud Replied by melodycloud on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Hey uh wheres the download links they seem to be gone. what happened ?
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by melodycloud.
  • melodycloud
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #514 by melodycloud Replied by melodycloud on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I would love to try this out on some source engine mods like synergy or maybe black mesa. With the older one there is some bugs like some parts of maps mess up the depth buffer detection this is mainly an issue in team fortress 2.
There is a whole thing where you would have to set R_eyes to 0 instead of 1 as for some reason the eye shader causes the depth buffer or something to mess up and render models incorrectly this only happens at a certain distance from the models eyes e.g Alex or idk the scout. but only when close up to the model or player.
I would like to try the new versions but the links are broke :/
also im pretty sure the issue is across the whole board of source engine games mainly the eye shader issue
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by melodycloud.
  • Arkane
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #515 by Arkane Replied by Arkane on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Nerrel wrote: I tested RE4 UHD and had major performance problems with the new dll. "Copy depth buffer" needed to be checked to get MXAO to work and I left the other settings unchecked. The framerate was sluggish and GPU usage was at 100% (without ReShade it's 30%, with previous dlls and MXAO running it was around 70%), and this did not change when disabling all effects.

Thanks for updating this and let me know if there is anything I can do to test further.

You're welcome ! ;)
Unfortunately, that's what I feared: duplicating the drawcalls should hae an impact on perfs. What is your config ?

Here are two new dlls. I rewrote the code (cleaner now), and started from the last release versin of Reshade. So, in Far Cry, the DB should work when ALL disabled.

Can someone reupload this files, guys? Unfortunately i lost them on my computer :с
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Arkane.
  • e371
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #516 by e371 Replied by e371 on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
nvm
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by e371.
The following user(s) said Thank You: melodycloud
  • melodycloud
More
5 years 5 months ago #517 by melodycloud Replied by melodycloud on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Does anyone have a backup of the Source engine version of the most resent dll?
The following user(s) said Thank You: TarekJor
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago #518 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
A 4.0.2/4.0.x based version for this 2019?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #519 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: A 4.0.2/4.0.x based version for this 2019?

Will try as soon as i have some times (quite difficult to find some for me at the moment) :blush:
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago #520 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
No need to hurry!
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.