Depth buffer detection modifications

• lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago #601 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: Halo 2 seems right too now! Awesome work!

With a little body compenetration issue:

[img

But the DB retrieving seems now perfect!
The topic has been locked.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #602 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Tks to all ! That's good news :cheer:

In Outlast, i am near the point you showed me. Will test as soon as i have some time to.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #603 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote:

thalixte wrote:

BlueSkyKnight wrote: Here you go this is how it looks in wireframe mode.
That sounds good. Specific clearance index is the same thing that's done one the dx10 dll right?

Thks a lot ! For a better wireframe mode, please raise the far plane, or use the DisplayDepth.fx Daodan's shader in depth map view.

It's The low-quality capture I am using :P........ and youtube compression.

I switched over to OBS.

Cool ! The wireframe mode cannot work well with the initial rendering. It is necessary to use a shader for it to display well. Ihave bided some keys to ease the process.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #604 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Daodan wrote: For a better looking wireframe: DisplayDepthWireframe.fx
Set 'Present Type' to 'Combined'.

Great ! Will test this as soon as i can :) Can you show me a screenshot ?
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by thalixte.
  • Daodan
More
5 years 3 months ago #605 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote: Great ! Will test this as soon as i can :) Can you show me a screenshot ?

Sure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: thalixte
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #606 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Two new dlls (witch a new option to fix Outlast artefacts):
d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip
  • Daodan
More
5 years 3 months ago #607 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
In most places the Outlast fix works, but there are sporadic glitches.

Fix disabled:

Fix enabled:

Fix enabled, but empty depth buffer:
  • Chavolatra
More
5 years 3 months ago #608 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
and about reident evil 0 e 1 hd remaster dont have nothing to do?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #609 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Chavolatra wrote: and about reident evil 0 e 1 hd remaster dont have nothing to do?

I tested on RE4 HD, not RE1... Have you tested RE4 ?
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #610 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

Daodan wrote: In most places the Outlast fix works, but there are sporadic glitches.

Fix disabled:

Fix enabled:

Fix enabled, but empty depth buffer:

Thks a lot ;) Without the fix, it works, except that, on a single frame, it produces artefacts due to the modification in the number of clearance (from 2 to 4).
The adjustment takes one frame, that's why it produces those artefacts in one frame.
When it comes from 2 clearance to 4 => 1 artefact (the scene you see at the top left corner).
When it comes from 4 to 2 => 1 blank db output, because the db is cleared at this moment (not preserved).
One solution could be to freeze the db output just for those single frames where the modification happens. I guess youy wouldn't see the difference.
Another solution (a little bit more difficult to implement), would be to use a specific depth buffer replacement surface (+ texture) for a clearance instance.
This way, the last db buffer would be retrieved, without be modified by the previous ones.
  • lowenz
More
5 years 3 months ago #611 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Any chance to see the right behaviour in the *first person view* of Unreal Engine Games?

Styx (3rd person view) works like a charm, but UT3/Dishonored/etc still have the arm/weapon corruption.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #612 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

lowenz wrote: Any chance to see the right behaviour in the *first person view* of Unreal Engine Games?

Styx (3rd person view) works like a charm, but UT3/Dishonored/etc still have the arm/weapon corruption.

With the multi db replacement method, this could be possible, but i cannot guarantee this to you, unfortunately.
Will add the ability to select a specific clearance via checkboxes in the next files, to see if it can resolve your weapon issue.
  • Chavolatra
More
5 years 3 months ago #613 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

thalixte wrote:

Chavolatra wrote: and about reident evil 0 e 1 hd remaster dont have nothing to do?

I tested on RE4 HD, not RE1... Have you tested RE4 ?

work in re4 but dont work in re1 and re0
  • matsilagi
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #614 by matsilagi Replied by matsilagi on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
Happy to see this was still getting developed.
Having depthbuffer on Half-Life 2 is a blast! I can finally rely on good AO methods instead of BlackMesa's or MMods awful SSAO implementations or the obsolete ENB AO and DoF. Along with other amazing effects.
I really hope this fixes the depth buffer for other problematic DX9 games.

Oh, and if you could, i would love if you updated your repos along with the posts here, i can compile those easily here.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by matsilagi.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #615 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

matsilagi wrote: Happy to see this was still getting developed.
Having depthbuffer on Half-Life 2 is a blast! I can finally rely on good AO methods instead of BlackMesa's or MMods awful SSAO implementations or the obsolete ENB AO and DoF. Along with other amazing effects.
I really hope this fixes the depth buffer for other problematic DX9 games.

Oh, and if you could, i would love if you updated your repos along with the posts here, i can compile those easily here.

Yes, i will as soon as i can.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #616 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
As promised:
d3d9_32bits.zip
d3d9_64bits.zip

Repo updated (branch "d3d9_depthbuffer_detection")
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight
  • BlueSkyKnight
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #617 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
This new release causing depth buffering flickering in oblivion now only happens when I set it to auto preserve. Also still has the same issue as before with the HUD. Just letting you know. :)

Thank you for your new release any other game you want us to test?
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #618 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications

BlueSkyKnight wrote: This new release causing depth buffering flickering in oblivion now only happens when I set it to auto preserve. Also still has the same issue as before with the HUD. Just letting you know. :)

Thank you for your new release any other game you want us to test?

Hi ! Thks for this feedback. When it flickers in Oblivion, do you see a modification in the number of depth buffer clearance (the last list in the DX9 tab) ?

I do not know which game to test. Maybe ones from the compatibility list:
- Mirror's Edge
- Medal of Honour [2010]
- Serious Sam 3: BFE
- Neverwinter Nights 2
- Fallout 3
- Fable III
- Life is Strange
- LEGO Lord of the Rings
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueSkyKnight
  • thalixte
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #619 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
In my last attempts, i managed to separate depth buffers at each clearance step into dedicated depth buffers. In Outlast, it resolves the flickering pb, except when the scene that appears at the top left corner uses more drawcalls than the original one.
So there still exist flickers, but with less frequency.
I keep on the investigations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sinclair
  • Oatpunter
More
5 years 3 months ago #620 by Oatpunter Replied by Oatpunter on topic Depth buffer detection modifications
I've been trying to get this to work with Far Cry 2 (as the depth buffer is cleared, meaning I can't get access to it), but I can't seem to get ReShade to hook for it, and only with this .dll.
We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.