AA injection before HUD

• henrichsmith
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago - 6 years 3 weeks ago #1 by henrichsmith AA injection before HUD was created by henrichsmith
Hi
I use your nice software and it works very well.
I read the devs explanation on this forum regarding hud bypass (the way gedosato implement it etc) and their reasons to use a different way
I managed to compile the source I have a little known of c++ and programing and I want to try to modify the code in order to inject fxaa or msaa before hud drawing avoiding the text blurry downside
In an old post one of the devs say that a gedosato approach would be easy to reproduce in reshade can I ask if someone can point me in the right direction or even better point me the function to modify to specify the pixel shader hash.
thanks in advance
grats for your software
Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by henrichsmith.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MoonMan123
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #2 by MoonMan123 Replied by MoonMan123 on topic AA injection before HUD
If its a static hud you can just use UIMask

• henrichsmith
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #3 by henrichsmith Replied by henrichsmith on topic AA injection before HUD

MoonMan123 wrote: If its a static hud you can just use UIMask

thanks for the tip but the hud is pretty complex and dynamic and I also want to try if I can find some more general solution that I can eventually use in others games
uimask is certanly a good solution but probably it works better on others scenarios
thank again

• NoMansReshade
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #4 by NoMansReshade Replied by NoMansReshade on topic AA injection before HUD
In terms of a "Generalized" solution, that might be impossible. But, there is a fork of Reshade that does just this specifically for Guild Wars 2, as well as other features.

04348.github.io/Gw2Hook/

To get this on any specific game would require the knowledge to do so, of course. I'm just putting this out there to show that it is possible, and has been done!

• henrichsmith
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 2 weeks ago #5 by henrichsmith Replied by henrichsmith on topic AA injection before HUD

NoMansReshade wrote: In terms of a "Generalized" solution, that might be impossible. But, there is a fork of Reshade that does just this specifically for Guild Wars 2, as well as other features.

04348.github.io/Gw2Hook/

To get this on any specific game would require the knowledge to do so, of course. I'm just putting this out there to show that it is possible, and has been done!

Thanks a lot I was looking for something like that

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.