Do I need the exact DirectX Version for games?

• Doozy_
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by Doozy_ Do I need the exact DirectX Version for games? was created by Doozy_
I have DirectX 12, I would like to use reshade for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. It tells me I need DirectX 9, but could I use my newer version or do I have to have to go back to DirectX 9? Thanks!

P.S (if you need the info) It's Steam Edition...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thalixte
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #2 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Do I need the exact DirectX Version for games?
It should work wit DX11. DX12 is not supported by Reshade, as far as i know...
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by thalixte.

• crosire
More
5 years 8 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Do I need the exact DirectX Version for games?
What your Windows version and graphics card technically supports has nothing to do with what the game actually uses. MS Flight Simulator X uses DX10 AFAIK, so select that option when you install ReShade to it.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.