reshade dead ? rtx

• gamehancer
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #1 by gamehancer reshade dead ? rtx was created by gamehancer
hi all i need to know if reshade will continue to exist with the new technology ray traycing and directx12?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• klotim
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #2 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic reshade dead ? rtx
ofc it will
And btw, RTX is a trademark by nvidia. Not Ray tracing itself.
And also old games wont have RT
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by klotim.

• CeeJay.dk
More
5 years 7 months ago #3 by CeeJay.dk Replied by CeeJay.dk on topic reshade dead ? rtx
Yes. No matter how games renderer they will still need to output to the framebuffer that Reshade can capture.
The only requirement is that Reshade supports the API they use.

DX12 is currently not supported but Crosire is looking into it.
I'm guessing we will see Vulkan support first though.

• gamehancer
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #4 by gamehancer Replied by gamehancer on topic reshade dead ? rtx
I'm really happy that reshade is not dead I use reshade since 2013 it became a passion really I never want it to stop because reshade him alone revives video games on pc

• master2g
More
5 years 7 months ago #5 by master2g Replied by master2g on topic reshade dead ? rtx
Been a really long time since i have commented or even been on here. Just had to break the silence by saying I believe that Reshade can do tons of stuff that ray tracing cant. Clarity 2, sharpening FX , curves, color correction and so much more. I have Reshade involved with every game I play. LOL some times I get to carried away and spend more time tweaking the graphics with Reshade than i do playing the game . . IMHO Reshade is never going away and I think it will be great to have both around.. :)

• Wicked Sick
More
5 years 7 months ago #6 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic reshade dead ? rtx
I am glad to see Ceejay posting again.

• Martigen
More
5 years 7 months ago #7 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic reshade dead ? rtx

Wicked Sick wrote: I am glad to see Ceejay posting again.

Me too :)

Welcome back Ceejay!

• DayneHawkins
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #8 by DayneHawkins Replied by DayneHawkins on topic reshade dead ? rtx

CeeJay.dk wrote: DX12 is currently not supported but Crosire is looking into it.

As long as game devs don't see the obvious need to include at least some stuff like color, contrast, and SHARPENING into their engines, we really really need a DX12 reshade. I'm really happy to read he might be implementing it.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by DayneHawkins.

• Chavolatra
More
5 years 6 months ago #9 by Chavolatra Replied by Chavolatra on topic reshade dead ? rtx

Martigen wrote:

Wicked Sick wrote: I am glad to see Ceejay posting again.

Me too :)

Welcome back Ceejay!

He go to work in reshade again ?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.