Couple of questions

• iwansquall
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #1 by iwansquall Couple of questions was created by iwansquall
I managed to install latest reshade tools and apply effect into the games. Since I have no idea which Im gonna use, I pretty much just enabled all of them so I can test them in game. I know I can adjust the setting with configuration mode and then change it to performance mode once Im done.

Question is : How do I disable reshade to not load the effect that Im not used in the config setting? Not a major, just small lag during loading of the games, Im just curious if my method is wrong way to do it.

As for side question:
Any method for me to make constant 30fps locked game to run higher frame (60 fps for example)? Doesnt need to be perfect, just enough my eyes dont notice the lag. I havent try reshade yet with that game, I might as well ask here first since I uninstalled it last time.

Additionally, is there any way to create frame-interpolation like in tv? Those that predict the pixel and make the video look smooth. I dont worry much the lag since i wont use it for competitive shooter games, it is just turn-based game.

Lastly, is reshade the 3d depth thing is usable with VR HMD? Does it allow me to play old game on VR?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tojkar
More
5 years 6 months ago #2 by Tojkar Replied by Tojkar on topic Couple of questions
There is reshade-shaders folder in the game folder. That contains two folders, shaders and textures. The shaders folder contains all the shaders. You can remove any file .fx file you don't use and the the game won't load them.

• Martigen
More
5 years 6 months ago #3 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Couple of questions

iwansquall wrote: Question is : How do I disable reshade to not load the effect that Im not used in the config setting? Not a major, just small lag during loading of the games, Im just curious if my method is wrong way to do it.

You don't have to do anything -- the next time you load the game, Reshade will only compile those shaders you selected previously. It's only the very first time Reshade loads with a game, or if no shaders are selected, that it loads them all.

• crosire
More
5 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Couple of questions

iwansquall wrote: Any method for me to make constant 30fps locked game to run higher frame (60 fps for example)? Doesnt need to be perfect, just enough my eyes dont notice the lag. I havent try reshade yet with that game, I might as well ask here first since I uninstalled it last time.

ReShade cannot change how fast the game pipes data through it. It can only modify what it gets.

iwansquall wrote: Lastly, is reshade the 3d depth thing is usable with VR HMD? Does it allow me to play old game on VR?

There is an experimental branch of ReShade that allows rendering via OpenVR ( github.com/crosire/reshade/tree/openvr ), which is designed to be used with the 3D depth shader. You need to compile it yourself though, there are no official builds and it's anything but stable.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.