pushing Reshade to video capture cards ?!!

• kinjx11
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #1 by kinjx11 pushing Reshade to video capture cards ?!! was created by kinjx11
hey

so i got Avermedia capture card that needs a video capture app like RECentral or OBS , those two apps allow for MSI OSD info's to be enabled on top of the capture window which can detect what DX version the capture app is running , that got me thinking that maybe Reshade can be applied to the capture window too ??

here's a screenshot

also here's a video of reshade working with OBS (outta nowhere randomly) while i was playing ps4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• unic0rn
More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by unic0rn Replied by unic0rn on topic pushing Reshade to video capture cards ?!!
a little bit late, but interesting topic.

in general, it should work as long as the app uses some "3D-like" method to display the video. direct3d will work, opengl will work, directx video overlay won't, afaik.

there's a drawback though. you're feeding reshade a flat image, there's no depth buffer, so many effects won't work. some will though, and depending on what you want, it may be worth it. it's basically realtime video postprocessing in such case, because that's what it operates on - a video.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.