[ReShade 4.0] Enable Depth Buffer in Warframe?

• jayofgrey
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #1 by jayofgrey [ReShade 4.0] Enable Depth Buffer in Warframe? was created by jayofgrey
Greetings,
What would I need to do to enable Depth Buffer access in Warframe?
Digital Extremes stated that ReShade and other injectors/modifications are allowed as long as they don't automate the game (e.g.bots).
So. That's the question. I have basic coding knowledge and can follow the logic, but not sure where to start. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic [ReShade 4.0] Enable Depth Buffer in Warframe?
ReShade disables depth access in multiplayer games to prevent cheating. Now for Warframe this is probably less of an issue, but to keep consistent and have anti-cheat tools whitelist ReShade this is done to all games (and there are no plans to change that). What you do with your own ReShade builds from source code is your thing though (since they have different file hashes and will be flagged by anti-cheat tools anyway). Search the code for "has_high_network_activity" and the rest should be self explanatory (I won't go into detail here).

• jayofgrey
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by jayofgrey Replied by jayofgrey on topic [ReShade 4.0] Enable Depth Buffer in Warframe?
Gotcha, @crosire
I assume I just need Visual Studio 17 and that's it?

• JBeckman
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #4 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic [ReShade 4.0] Enable Depth Buffer in Warframe?
github.com/crosire/reshade

The source code from there, load it into Visual C++ (I believe the free edition should work.) but there's also dependencies as covered in the readme on Github you have to set up and then you can compile the project. :)

From the forks for ReShade the other builds that disable this check mostly just comment out a single line and that stops it but I believe you also need to set up the version number for the files or it'll be 0.0.0.0 instead of 4.0.2.buildnumber or you can alter ReShade.fx by changing the > 3000 to > 0000 near the top of the file and it won't complain for missing ReShade 3.x.x.x as the minimum required version.

EDIT: Also any anti-cheat software and whitelisting is not going to accept the new ReShade .dll just made since it will differ from the original just to mention it if you come across any issues with the file not loading or the game crashing on start depending on how this is set up to work from game to game. :)
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by JBeckman.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.