About the blend of effect

• seri14
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #1 by seri14 About the blend of effect was created by seri14
Why is different the effect whether displaying or not of ReShade GUI?
#include "ReShade.fxh"

float4 TestPass(
	float4 pos : SV_Position,
	float2 texcoord : TEXCOORD
) : SV_Target
{
	return float4(
		step(pos.x % 64,32),
		step((BUFFER_HEIGHT - pos.y) % 64,32),
		0.0);
}

technique Test
{
	pass
	{
		VertexShader = PostProcessVS;
		PixelShader = TestPass;

ClearRenderTargets = false;
		BlendEnable = true;

DestBlend = ONE;
	}
}

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
5 years 3 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic About the blend of effect
There isn't?

• seri14
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #3 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic About the blend of effect
I tried again now, I noticed this problem is causing only by d3d11.
And do not put enabled technique after the Test.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by seri14.

• crosire
More
5 years 3 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic About the blend of effect
Still cannot reproduce this =/

• seri14
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #5 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic About the blend of effect
Recorded.

• Daodan
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #6 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic About the blend of effect
Just tested it and I also see a difference whether the ReShade overlay is shown or not.
I used the Release App and the Snipping Tool to take the screenshots.
(The 'DrawOverlay' technique is just a shader to draw an image onto the screen)

One thing to note: when a screenshot is taken from within ReShade the result looks like in the first image - it doesn't matter if the overlay is enabled or not.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Daodan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: seri14

• crosire
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic About the blend of effect
Are you both on Windows 10? I have never been able to reproduce any of the "things look different with UI on/off" bugs (e.g. the MagicBloom one) and am starting to suspect it's because Windows 7 DX11 is very different than Windows 10 DX11 (WDDM vs WDDM2 and all that fun stuff) and I just got lucky that it works on the former.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by crosire.

• Daodan
More
5 years 3 months ago #8 by Daodan Replied by Daodan on topic About the blend of effect
Yeah, I'm on Windows 10.

• seri14
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #9 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic About the blend of effect
I tried to reproduce this problem by installed Windows 7 on the same PC as when recording.

• crosire
More
5 years 3 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic About the blend of effect
Look at that. Will try and organize me a Win10 system for reproducing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• crosire
More
5 years 3 months ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic About the blend of effect
Got me a Win10 system and well ... this was super easy to fix: github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/af860f...66af612b9b88a738deb5 . I just never saw that because that code path is explicitly disabled on Windows 7: github.com/crosire/reshade/blob/af860f3b...ntime_d3d11.cpp#L196 . Don't even know why anymore, but there must be a good reason ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daodan, seri14

• seri14
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #12 by seri14 Replied by seri14 on topic About the blend of effect
I'm verified.

Would you reproduce and fix for MagicBloom's problem on Windows 10?

EDIT:
found commit v0.18.5
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by seri14.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.