Is it possible to reshade UWP games?

• amine4ever
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #1 by amine4ever Is it possible to reshade UWP games? was created by amine4ever
Is it possible to reshade "universal windows platform" games like Forza ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• daninthemix
More
4 years 6 months ago #2 by daninthemix Replied by daninthemix on topic Is it possible to reshade UWP games?
Anyone??

• Aelius Maximus
More
4 years 6 months ago #3 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Is it possible to reshade UWP games?
It's being worked on

• pyewacket
More
4 years 6 months ago #4 by pyewacket Replied by pyewacket on topic Is it possible to reshade UWP games?
The thing with UWP is i.e. i can't get a permission to write into the app's directories. Taking ownership doesn't help etc. and in general there's a lot of hassle involved. For example, it wouldn't be a problem to use Reshade with UWP Gears 5 rn if you could actually place Reshade's files into the Gears 5 directory, but you can't. So unless you can hook Reshade in without it being located in an app's directory it won't work. Nvidia Freestyle can do that so i assume it can be done with Reshade as well, in theory.

• thalixte
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #5 by thalixte Replied by thalixte on topic Is it possible to reshade UWP games?

pyewacket wrote: The thing with UWP is i.e. i can't get a permission to write into the app's directories. Taking ownership doesn't help etc. and in general there's a lot of hassle involved. For example, it wouldn't be a problem to use Reshade with UWP Gears 5 rn if you could actually place Reshade's files into the Gears 5 directory, but you can't. So unless you can hook Reshade in without it being located in an app's directory it won't work. Nvidia Freestyle can do that so i assume it can be done with Reshade as well, in theory.

I managed to put the files in the Gears 5 folder, in Windows developer mode, and changing the Windows ACL (exactly, in the folder where Gears5.exe resides). The pb with Gears 5 is the EasyAnticheat lib that disallows reshade to hook at start. So, reshade will not work with gears 5, except if the next Reshade release is allowed by EasyAnticheat. Nevertheless, i heard that there were other solutions for Gears 5 (and Reshade seems to work fine with it)....
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by thalixte.

• pyewacket
More
4 years 6 months ago #6 by pyewacket Replied by pyewacket on topic Is it possible to reshade UWP games?
I'll dig about ACL, at the time i couldn't find a solution to that problem, my win10 is in dev mode afaik and in the Gears5.exe folder it just wouldn't let me change the permissions. As for other solutions, i heard no such things, if you know something a link or direction would be appreciated.

• Aelius Maximus
More
4 years 6 months ago #7 by Aelius Maximus Replied by Aelius Maximus on topic Is it possible to reshade UWP games?
Wouldnt it be possible to use an injector from outside the gears 5 directory?

• daninthemix
More
4 years 6 months ago #8 by daninthemix Replied by daninthemix on topic Is it possible to reshade UWP games?

Aelius Maximus wrote: Wouldnt it be possible to use an injector from outside the gears 5 directory?

Yeah, what about some sort of toggleable mechanism for globally hooking dxgi ?

• Anti
More
4 years 3 weeks ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #9 by Anti Replied by Anti on topic Is it possible to reshade UWP games?
I found out (for only Vulkan UWP games)...

There is a folder here: "C:\ProgramData\ReShade".
I drop from another reshade(Vulkan) install the files "ReShade.ini" / "DefaultPreset.ini" and folder "reshade-shaders" in here.

Now i can play The Surge 2 UWP with reshade. :-)

EDIT: at second try reshade found no depth buffer (MXAO not working), but ALT+TAB / ALT+ENTER fixed that. ;-)

EDIT2: in "C:\ProgramData\ReShade" i chanched in "ReShade.ini" to:

CurrentPresetPath=C:\ProgramData\ReShade\DefaultPreset.ini
EffectSearchPaths=C:\ProgramData\ReShade\reshade-shaders\Shaders
TextureSearchPaths=C:\ProgramData\ReShade\reshade-shaders\Textures

Now for UWP games(Vulkan) this setting is used and for other games without UWP they use it´s own settings (Settings in game folder overwrite the globally setting).

But not working for DX, i had try it (system32 folder).....thank god i could repair my windows. :pinch: :sick: :oops:
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by Anti.

• canceralp
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #10 by canceralp Replied by canceralp on topic Is it possible to reshade UWP games?
I wish there was a way to inject Reshade into DWM, or Windows itself. That would be the real answer to the great! mind who thought designing games as forced OS windows in protected sandbox environments.

Microsoft doesn't protect the OS itself from viruses as much as they protect these games from modders..

A whole screen toggle would lose the benefit of depth buffer but would still give us all the other Reshade beauties like SMAA, qUINT, sharpening, LUT, etc..

• MilkyDeveloper
More
3 years 3 months ago #11 by MilkyDeveloper Replied by MilkyDeveloper on topic Is it possible to reshade UWP games?
Necropost, but i've made a tool using Crosire's reshade injector (inject64.exe) that
1. Get's the UWP / Game Pass PC game's metadata
2. Generates a bat file to launch it
3. Downloads all Reshade FX files and generates a proper INI

Anyways, the program is here: github.com/MilkyDeveloper/ReshadeForUWP and it has a full GUI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: canceralp

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.