Getting started

• againstallathority
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #1 by againstallathority dof for gta v was created by againstallathority
it actually work pretty good

[img

btw im looking forward to port some kind of SSAO with normals correction and 1 light bounce for reshade (looks close to SSGI, but better performance), however i wasnt able to find any kind of documentation around this forum.

[img

(mention collumn edges - no "fake occulsions", also it doesnt require light source information for color bleeding)

maybe anyone can help me?
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by againstallathority.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic dof for gta v

againstallathority wrote: however i wasnt able to find any kind of documentation around this forum.

Where do you need help? =)

• againstallathority
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #3 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic dof for gta v
Hi, crosire! 1st of all thx for ReShade engine (i suppose we can call it engine) !!

im an old fan of enbseries, made few ports (and even 2 simple shaders by myself) and dozens of enbeffects for it. However it takes some time to get into new environment, since im not a professional coder, its more like hobby)

Maybe you can provide me some simple reshade.fx example (lets call it a template, the smaler size - the better) with "entrance points" - texture inputs, simple depth to normal transition function (i've mentioned that we dont have g-buffer, however ligthbounce and depth clip will require normal vectors for target and random texture lookups), maybe some info about space used in reshade.fx (screenspace to veiwspace transitions examples back and forward). How is depth stored?

Also - whats difference between texture and texture2D? is there any kind of HLSL tex2Dlod analogy?

sorry if thats too much, honestly i probably will get into it by myself. however help is always appreciated!

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic dof for gta v
I suggest you check out the example shader that comes with core ReShade . It's a nice starting point (I hope).
It's hard to talk about different spaces in case of ReShade, since there is no vector data, which could be in one. You could say the shaders are executed in screen space though. The depth buffer then contains a map from pixels to the distance to the nearest vertex at that pixel position (in projection/screen space, so you usually want to transform that back into camera/view space, to get some actual depth value).

"texture" and "texture2D" are aliases, they mean the same. ReShade only has support for two dimensional textures, so it provides the "texture" keyword to reduce the amount of writting needed.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by crosire.

• againstallathority
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic dof for gta v
thx for the lead!

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #6 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic dof for gta v

againstallathority wrote: btw im looking forward to port some kind of SSAO with normals correction and 1 light bounce for reshade (looks close to SSGI, but better performance), however i wasnt able to find any kind of documentation around this forum.

normal correction is already done in HBAO, available in Marty's mastereffect.

For the light bounce, here are some details: SSDO <--pdf
at page 3, there is a indirect bounce function: Lind(P) = .....
There's also a demo by marty on his facebook , don't know if it's already released or not.
The idea is to take account of the color of neighboring points if they are visible to current point, which shares the same visibility function as AO.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by kingeric1992.

• againstallathority
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #7 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic dof for gta v
thx kingeric, just to mention that paper is almost 7 years old :) almost anyone around enb community refers to it almost like to bible :D

however the ao shown up above is pretty fast technique, developed few month ago by Sergey R. It combines some tricks from DSSDO and HBAO with a really clear and easy-to understand code and nice results (autor screenshots):

[img

and colorbleed (no alfa with 10 multiplier to make it easy visible):
[img

if you like that kind of reading - try frederikaalund.com/wp-content/uploads/20...cclusion-Methods.pdf

and my appology for offtopic :D

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #8 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic dof for gta v
Found a Russian page by searching pics on google, he is using [strike]HBAO[/strike] + bounce + deferred rendering, not something new.

I'm quoting the bounce function in that SSDO paper, which can be added to any kind of AO, it is the visibility we need.

To be even faster, you can use HBAO+ to replace HBAO.

Edit:
Just doubled checked, it is NOT HBAO, more like a modification of Crysis AO. ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: againstallathority

• againstallathority
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #9 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic dof for gta v
as far as i know HBAO+ is Nvidia exclusive and they dont share much of the details on it. I've found only some optimisation tricks for filtering: developer.nvidia.com/sites/default/files...rleavedTexturing.pdf

• MonarchX
More
8 years 11 months ago #10 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic dof for gta v
You can get SSAO and HBAO+ with ReShade Master Effect? Does at least SSAO work well? I could use in older games! In GTA V too because AO option does nothing, probably because no system can run it well.

• SkacikPL
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #11 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic dof for gta v
Well, HBAO+ can be downloaded as a shader from NVIDIA game dev program site, so you can freely dissect it at your leisure if you wish.

MonarchX wrote: You can get SSAO and HBAO+ with ReShade Master Effect? Does at least SSAO work well? I could use in older games! In GTA V too because AO option does nothing, probably because no system can run it well.

GTA V has inbuilt HBAO+ support IIRC.
Injectable shaders that require depth won't work very well (especially AO) since logarithmic depth buffer looks like this:
i.imgur.com/FV8PWwq.jpg

Good luck getting enough detail for AO to work on.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by SkacikPL.

• kingeric1992
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #12 by kingeric1992 Replied by kingeric1992 on topic dof for gta v
HBAO+ IS HBAO + optimization trick (interleaved sampling), hence the name.

Also since reshade support MRT, so it is totally doable, but I wonder if there would be any performance gain.
from what I read, HBAO+ utilize buffer size and cache hit rate.

• SkacikPL
More
8 years 11 months ago #13 by SkacikPL Replied by SkacikPL on topic dof for gta v
By default HBAO+ uses 36 samples, unlike HBAO which used 4.

• againstallathority
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #14 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic dof for gta v
i've wrote hell of a tonn of text with screenshots.. however forum marked me as spam..

i'll leave this over here

[img

• MonarchX
More
8 years 11 months ago #15 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic dof for gta v

SkacikPL wrote: Well, HBAO+ can be downloaded as a shader from NVIDIA game dev program site, so you can freely dissect it at your leisure if you wish.

MonarchX wrote: You can get SSAO and HBAO+ with ReShade Master Effect? Does at least SSAO work well? I could use in older games! In GTA V too because AO option does nothing, probably because no system can run it well.

GTA V has inbuilt HBAO+ support IIRC.
Injectable shaders that require depth won't work very well (especially AO) since logarithmic depth buffer looks like this:
i.imgur.com/FV8PWwq.jpg

Good luck getting enough detail for AO to work on.

Nope. If you read nVidia guide, you'll know that AO is NOT working in GTA V for anyone, regardless of the settings in the game and in nVidia CP/Inspector. I am pretty sure it is disabled because enabling it would cripple even the most powerful rigs.

• againstallathority
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #16 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic dof for gta v
AO works in GTAV, yet due to

logarithmic depth

it requires some time to get approrite linearisation function (there was one around this forum, modify it and you'll get the result)

[img

not perfect, however already step forward

before
[img

after
[img

the shots above done with master effect... however its so heavy and overloaded, that i have to make my own shader pack for GTAV reshade, like i did once for GTAIV enb (the fastest dof trick and enbeffect, that provided up to 50 fps full HD on my 7970 with full bunch of effects and several layers for FXAA)

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #17 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic dof for gta v

againstallathority wrote: i've wrote hell of a tonn of text with screenshots.. however forum marked me as spam..

Sorry about that, added your post.

• Ganossa
More
8 years 11 months ago #18 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic dof for gta v

againstallathority wrote: ... however its so heavy and overloaded, that i have to make my own shader pack for GTAV reshade, like i did once

Please do not, this is not enb anymore. We have a powerful framework now that allows us to avoid the re-implementation "hell" and similar issues coming from endless non-distinct shader packs. I am sure you are aware of that already ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: strelokgunslinger

• againstallathority
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #19 by againstallathority Replied by againstallathority on topic dof for gta v

LuciferHawk wrote: Please do not, this is not enb anymore. We have a powerful framework now that allows us to avoid the re-implementation "hell" and similar issues coming from endless non-distinct shader packs. I am sure you are aware of that already ;)

em.. i'm sure this kingdom have enough space for us all

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.