Best way to hide mouse cursor?

• ICEKING
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by ICEKING Best way to hide mouse cursor? was created by ICEKING
I've tried searching Google for this but turned up empty on results.
I'm running ReShade with Depth3D to play non-VR strategy games in 3D through Bigscreen. To game like this you have to enable a Cross Cursor to still be able to control the game. All of this works fine.
The problem is that the ingame cursor is now very distracting, it tracks around the screen and bounces between your eyes. Is there a setting or shader which can hide the cursor? I've considered replacing the texture of the cursor in my games with a transparent jpg but that doesn't seem the smartest way to handle things and may cause other issues(assuming I can find it to begin with.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #2 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Best way to hide mouse cursor?

ICEKING wrote: I've tried searching Google for this but turned up empty on results.
I'm running ReShade with Depth3D to play non-VR strategy games in 3D through Bigscreen. To game like this you have to enable a Cross Cursor to still be able to control the game. All of this works fine.
The problem is that the ingame cursor is now very distracting, it tracks around the screen and bounces between your eyes. Is there a setting or shader which can hide the cursor? I've considered replacing the texture of the cursor in my games with a transparent jpg but that doesn't seem the smartest way to handle things and may cause other issues(assuming I can find it to begin with.)

You can just download a tiny mouse cursor pack online and use that.
www.rw-designer.com/cursor-set/mini-mousepointer
or here
www.rw-designer.com/cursor-set/smalldot

You can also read my guide here if you want more control over the mouse Cursor.
reshade.me/forum/shader-troubleshooting/...2-mouse-cursor#33700

Hope you enjoy my shader :)
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ICEKING

• ICEKING
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by ICEKING Replied by ICEKING on topic Best way to hide mouse cursor?
Excellent, this works perfectly. Just saved the default in rw-designer and it's a perfectly invisible mouse. You wouldn't happen to know how to modify the crosshair from the shader would you? I'm assuming its buried somewhere in the .fx file?

• BlueSkyKnight
More
4 years 7 months ago #4 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic Best way to hide mouse cursor?

ICEKING wrote: Excellent, this works perfectly. Just saved the default in rw-designer and it's a perfectly invisible mouse. You wouldn't happen to know how to modify the crosshair from the shader would you? I'm assuming its buried somewhere in the .fx file?

Submit any code changes to me. It's located here.
github.com/BlueSkyDefender/reshade-shade...Depth3D.fx#L227-L283

• foxhound525
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #5 by foxhound525 Replied by foxhound525 on topic Best way to hide mouse cursor?
Hey dude, sorry to necro this, but would you mind explaining this?
I am a user of Tridef3D, but many of the games that used to work are gradually failing to work as time goes on. With tridef, it would give you one correct cursor and you didn't need to do anything else.

Now I am facing this problem with reshade, and I don't know how to get the wrong cursors to go away. So if I download this cursor pack, what do I do then?

I'm just playing them on a 3DTV as opposed to VR, but the issue is the same. One correct cursor from reshade, 2 ghost cursors that confuse everything

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.