a question for legality

• niruchi
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #1 by niruchi a question for legality was created by niruchi
Hi.. I've been on using ReShade for quite a while now. more than 5 years I think, and I think this is a great tools to explore in various games..

I was the forum member a long time ago. but somehow I can't login my old user name.. so this is a new one

I'm a freelance videographer by trade, so this also kinda a great practice for color grading.. even though a bit different, but it does help on understanding coloring principal. I come to think that making these presets are kinda an art form

I've made a few to share, you can find it in ModDB under the name of Kaze Niruchi. or usually I called it Kaze Extreme Preset.. and most of the time it was for Stalker series. and looking at it download.. looks like it they really like it

now I kinda have this idea of making a Patreon of Reshade presets for myself..
giving away my latest preset n hopefully someone would support and patron it

but I like to know what you guys think of it. since obviously I didn't code any of this. just made presets to make the games better.

so would that be okay from you guys, the developer?

I do and always will suggest that the user of my preset to go here and download. and try making preset themselves.. and as far as I know from the stalker group i'm in, the Reshade user are growing

so I kinda curious with the response for this..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Zireael
More
4 years 5 months ago #2 by Zireael Replied by Zireael on topic a question for legality
Selling ReShade presets, now I've seen it all...

• niruchi
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #3 by niruchi Replied by niruchi on topic a question for legality
lol..well.. technically yeah..

but I was planning more like donations for appreciation. since you guys would probably already realized how tidious it would be when you're aiming that are really really upped your graphic but yet stay light

I do still plan to share freely in ModDB or Nexus ect for first tier. and just ask to patron if they inclined. Second tiers will get first access to the next one that I would released (or probably never released)

as you would guessed. I won't get much from it.. probably just pocket money.. but that's okay I for me :D

• crosire
More
4 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic a question for legality
I don't mind as long as you don't upload ReShade somewhere else: You may provide the preset files of course (those are yours), but redirect users to this website to download ReShade.

• Martigen
More
4 years 5 months ago #5 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic a question for legality
My 2c niruchi,

I get what you're saying. Sometimes it can take many hours of experimentation and testing to refine a profile, and that's effectively work.

But there's no doubt you've learnt from the work of others in the past, who gave their presets freely, and they didn't charge you for their work.

So my suggestion: do a patreon and ask for donations, but don't lock any presets behind this. Make all your presets freely available, and just say 'If you like my work, please support me with a small donation'. If your work is great, people will want to show you appreciation. Usually when people are given the choice to support good work -- especially when they don't have to, rather than being forced to -- they choose to do so.

• niruchi
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #6 by niruchi Replied by niruchi on topic a question for legality
for Crosire.. THANK YOU FOR THIS! and thank you for ReShade. this tools is really help me experimenting with effects and coloring xD

I will always direct them to this site, don't worry about that

Martigen, thank you for the 2 cents. and suggestion.

Which is the other reasons why I need the go ahead because I have also considered that. I was considering to give other free things beside the Reshade for the tiers (locked) items. probably an animations gif of a single picture. with effects and all.. which can be used as profile pictures or Facebook/Google covers.. or maybe some tutorial of making a presets.. it was either those or like a beta version of my presets.. but now I'm sure, it's better I keep the presets free..

thank you guys! appreciate it!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.