People Are Being Banned

• SingingTurnip
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by SingingTurnip People Are Being Banned was created by SingingTurnip
Rockstar are banning players for using mods that alter FOV etc, does this mean that the use of reshading can also be bannable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic People Are Being Banned
Unlikely, but always a possibility, you never know if a company changes their mind on these kind of things, since technically it almost always violates the end user agreement.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by crosire.

• strelokgunslinger
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic People Are Being Banned

SingingTurnip wrote: Rockstar are banning players for using mods that alter FOV etc, does this mean that the use of reshading can also be bannable?

As I have said already everywhere else

Rockstar knows exactly what you are doing to your game, they know if you are giving yourself items or money, or unlimited health

Using a FOV mod is not breaking their rules, Reshade is also not breaking rules either.

People on Reddit have been going around CLAIMING they were banned due to FOV mods, THE FACT IS THESE PEOPLE ARE EITHER TROLLNG OR THEY HAVE ACTUALLY BROKEN THE RULES WITH GOD MODE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

The fact is, you cannot be banned for mods, only cheating to gain something related to online, more FOV is not cheating and if a company thinks that then they really need to rethink about that decision.

• ccrusher1
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #4 by ccrusher1 Replied by ccrusher1 on topic People Are Being Banned

SingingTurnip wrote: Rockstar are banning players for using mods that alter FOV etc, does this mean that the use of reshading can also be bannable?

reshade.me/forum/general-discussion/597-congrats-to-reshade
Strelok, didn't I already explain to you why/how FOV mod is bannable?
Please, don't make me go back and find the thing I saw from rockstar saying that they won't ban for graphic mods...
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by strelokgunslinger.

• strelokgunslinger
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #5 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic People Are Being Banned
Thats what I am already saying, FOV, shader, cosmetic mods are unbannable because it gives no gains to Online play, I am not saying its bannable, but I am pointing out alot of people on REDDIT think it is

Alot of misinformation, thats what I am against currently, 1 reason why I am against reddit lol, + pcmasterrace

Edit: after looking at how FOV worked, I understand the bannings due to how Flawless widescreen does a memory patch,same as what CheatEngine does
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by strelokgunslinger.

• MonarchX
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic People Are Being Banned
I've been using ReShade in practically every 3D online games I played and I've never been banned or even kicked out because of it. Although, I can see how one may alter ReShade SweetFX setting to create a graphical advantage. I am not sure what and how, but I bet with the right settings, it is possible to do something like... make players (both teammate and enemies) stand out more or whatever...

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic People Are Being Banned
But you can do that with a good monitor too, since everything more advanced is disabled in multiplayer.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.