ReShade vs Time Cyc = What's the difference?

• SingingTurnip
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #1 by SingingTurnip ReShade vs Time Cyc = What's the difference? was created by SingingTurnip
So, iCEnhancer has a time cycle mod which you can see a video of here:

I was wondering, what is the difference between a reshade and a time cycle mod?

They both look great in GTAV but I am confused over the difference. :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jas01
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #2 by jas01 Replied by jas01 on topic ReShade vs Time Cyc = What's the difference?
I think that this is a "weather modification". Like Environment mod for GTA 4.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by jas01.

• crosire
More
8 years 11 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade vs Time Cyc = What's the difference?
GTAV has this engine file called "timecyc.dat" in which it stores all kinds of parameters defining how the environment looks. That's what this modifies.
ReShade on the other hand is a generic post processing injector, it adds effects to the finished picture. Two totally different things. =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• Quentin-Tarantino
More
8 years 11 months ago #4 by Quentin-Tarantino Replied by Quentin-Tarantino on topic ReShade vs Time Cyc = What's the difference?
Time Cyc effects how the time of day, Weather etc looks

Reshade is then the icing on the cake :)

• BeTa
More
8 years 11 months ago #5 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic ReShade vs Time Cyc = What's the difference?
i just wanted to point something out here..
that video has nothing to do with icehancer..its not even out yet..

all the guy does is changing the weather with the scriptHook and asi loader / trainer...

greetz

• strelokgunslinger
More
8 years 11 months ago #6 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic ReShade vs Time Cyc = What's the difference?
Keep in mind, that video has nothing at all to do with Icenhancer

Icenhancer was a fancy enb preset, and for Icenhancer to come out for GTA V, ENB would need to be made compatible with DX11, which I assume will never happen

Then again Icenhancer is simply just another ENB preset in essence

Like the others have said, Timecyc is a config file within the Rage engine that can be tweaked to your liking.

• Marty McFly
More
8 years 11 months ago #7 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic ReShade vs Time Cyc = What's the difference?
I have to politely disagree - iCEnhancer is a graphics mod by icelaglace - no matter what's underneath. The only version he did is for GTA IV using ENB but it doesnt matter if he uses ENB, ReShade or a potato for a game, as long as it's a graphics mod from his hands it is iCEnhancer - that's how he understands that on himself, I think.

• strelokgunslinger
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #8 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic ReShade vs Time Cyc = What's the difference?
Although when you don't tell people that, the underlying mods are forgotten or unknown by people who are not knowledgeable in modding - explaining that "Ice is a preset with a bit more work in it than other presets" is something you wouldn't want to call it, but at least people will know exactly what it is. I just hate when people start labeling things incorrectly, like how the masses started calling Reshade, the new ENB.. like cmon thats just stupid :/ at least come to this site and read up on what it is and understand that is something a bit more special but more importantly it works with other games.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by strelokgunslinger.

• BeTa
More
8 years 11 months ago #9 by BeTa Replied by BeTa on topic ReShade vs Time Cyc = What's the difference?

• strelokgunslinger
More
8 years 11 months ago #10 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic ReShade vs Time Cyc = What's the difference?

BeTa wrote: :whistle: IceHancer IS coming to gta5...

---> www.overclock3d.net/articles/gpu_display...ming_soon_to_gta_v/1

"

It's only timecyc editing, unless you change the entire idea of what Icenhancer is.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.