Any video players that are compatible Reshade?

• vfxninjaeditor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #1 by vfxninjaeditor Any video players that are compatible Reshade? was created by vfxninjaeditor
Hey, I am currently working on a video project for a Xbox One game. I am wondering if there are any video players that are compatible with Reshade and the framework. I want to run some of the effects like Ambient light over the footage while I record my screen. I tried VLC, but there are some problems with it causing bright edges on the videos borders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BrokenDog
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #2 by BrokenDog Replied by BrokenDog on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?
MPC-HC works as well, but you've gotta use the ENB injector.

Edit: Here's the guide. forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5013736&postcount=504 be sure to use the Haali decoder, tried MadVR and the rest, but they didn't work for me..
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by BrokenDog.

• vfxninjaeditor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #3 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?
I can't figure out how to get it working after installing the Haali renderer. Any tips?

• vfxninjaeditor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #4 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?
Anyone have any suggestions?

• BrokenDog
More
8 years 10 months ago #5 by BrokenDog Replied by BrokenDog on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?
I'd reccomend to install KCP, since that has all the codecs already installed. Also make sure you have the reshade d3d9.dll, the ENB injector files and the rest of Reshade are in the Program Files/KCP/MPC-HC folder, then just edit enbinjector.ini like this:

[LIBRARY]
LibraryName=d3d9.dll

[TARGETPROCESS]
ProcessName0=mpc-hc.exe

and click on ENBinjector.exe

Should work if you switched to Haali renderer in the MPC-HC output options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jas01

• vfxninjaeditor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #6 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?
Ok, I did all of that now. It still seems to refuse to work. I can tell you that I did everything you wrote out.

• BrokenDog
More
8 years 10 months ago #7 by BrokenDog Replied by BrokenDog on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?
That'a odd.

haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.php?7545-KCP-Kawaii-Codec-Pack

did you get KCP from this site? That's the one I use and it works fine, you can try switching the renderer to MadVR, it seems to work with the newest version.

If you can screencap your MPC-HC folder and your output settings I can try to see what's missing.

• vfxninjaeditor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #8 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?
Yep, downloaded that same one.

Sure, here are the screens:
grab.by/HtXW
grab.by/HtXY

• BrokenDog
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #9 by BrokenDog Replied by BrokenDog on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?
Do you get any kind of error at all, or nothing happens? You can try to use GEMFX here www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?6...-GEMFX-Version-1-0-8

Just rename your Reshade d3d9.dll to something else and add that to the hook settings of GEMFX, might work, you'll need to enable the enb injector as well or it won't work.

• strelokgunslinger
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #10 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?
[PROTIP, never, and I mean never, install a codec pack] at a later date I will make a tutorial for proper player setup for everyone on this forum. When I get time to format the post and go into detail.

Uninstall all codecs and players [important, as if you keep installing and overlapping codecs you WILL run into issues]

Install MPC BE
sourceforge . net/projects/mpcbe/
x86 or x64.. you still use d3d9

This plays 99% of everything

If you need extra video support, find a tutorial to install LAV Filters
github . com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

[separated links to avoid it flagging as spam]

[img
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by strelokgunslinger.

• vfxninjaeditor
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #11 by vfxninjaeditor Replied by vfxninjaeditor on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?
strelokgunslinger, your method worked! Thank you.

Can you elaborate on why codec packs are bad to install? I uninstalled all previous players and the the codecs like you said.

• BrokenDog
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #12 by BrokenDog Replied by BrokenDog on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?
I'm glad you finally got it working,

Haven't had issue with KCP personally, but I'll switch to that as well since there's a 64 bit version and it works without the ENB injector.

So thanks for the link, didn't know about MPC-BE.

• strelokgunslinger
More
8 years 10 months ago #13 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?

vfxninjaeditor wrote: strelokgunslinger, your method worked! Thank you.

Can you elaborate on why codec packs are bad to install? I uninstalled all previous players and the the codecs like you said.

It simply is because installing multiple codecs can conflict with each other, won't damage your computer but will only make playing videos a fuss because it will stop some formats from playing correctly

Best method, start fresh with a player, then add codecs as required, LAV Filters will probably turn that 99% into a 99.9% reason why I dont say 100 is because there will always be a time when you cant play one file

• ScarecrowDM
More
8 years 10 months ago #14 by ScarecrowDM Replied by ScarecrowDM on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?
Last time I've checked, MPV also worked correctly.

And yes, I really can't see the need of" 5765164 codecs ultra pack" that some people have.
Just keep it simple, guys.

Personally, I just use MPC-HC and madVR.
LAV filters are now bundled with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: strelokgunslinger

• strelokgunslinger
More
8 years 10 months ago #15 by strelokgunslinger Replied by strelokgunslinger on topic Any video players that are compatible Reshade?

ScarecrowDM wrote: Last time I've checked, MPV also worked correctly.

And yes, I really can't see the need of" 5765164 codecs ultra pack" that some people have.
Just keep it simple, guys.

Personally, I just use MPC-HC and madVR.
LAV filters are now bundled with it.

I'll eventually do a tutorial for LAV + Madvr, and SVP 60fps playback

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.