Distribution Regulations Discussion

• Skypat
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #21 by Skypat Replied by Skypat on topic Distribution Regulations Discussion
hi LuciferHawk

screenshot from upcoming next EDFX beta 7 !
i think people will see ReShade greetings, won't they ? ;)
Clear and fine, and they can click to check and download latest reShade build :)
IE browser will open to display ReShade site.
soon on nexusmod

Best regards
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Skypat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #22 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Distribution Regulations Discussion
Little Reminder :side:

Please do not distribute the complete ReShade Framework package.

To support that and to give you unlimited time for updating your distributed presets, here a link to all released ReShade Framework versions which you can include in your installation steps::

reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/816-legacy-download-links

(please do not link the downloads directly to give your users the chance to discover and browse ReShade.me for the latest updates and information)

Enjoy the latest (and of course also previous) update :lol:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by crosire. Reason: Fixed link

• Skypat
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #23 by Skypat Replied by Skypat on topic Distribution Regulations Discussion
i think you should talk about it with your team and reconsider it ?
Lots of presets made by people around the world are delivered with framework.
why ? Because it's a pain for lots of final users to understand how to install framework.

with the rules, i think less user will use reshade because somes won't know how to install it even with a tuto
i'am not talking about this forum members, we are 'advanced users', i talk about 'real' finals users
hope you see what i mean because it's very important for final users.

with framework included- more final users will use reshade successfully
without - lesser and lesser

Rules may be "framework included" if:
- fine and clear Credits
- links to reshade home site
- no paypal
- no sell

or ask we paid a year licence to include framework in deliveries
no problem with it... send me your paypal account id :)

just my two cents about it

LuciferHawk wrote: Little Reminder :side:

Please do not distribute the complete ReShade Framework package.
To support that and to give you unlimited time for updating your distributed presets, here a link to all released ReShade Framework versions which you can include in your installation steps::

reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/816-legacy-download-links

(please do not link the downloads directly to give your users the chance to discover and browse ReShade.me for the latest updates and information)

Enjoy the latest (and of course also previous) update :lol:

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #24 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Distribution Regulations Discussion
I am aware of those concerns Skypat.

Installing ReShade Framework from a preset mod should not be more than:

1. Download ReShade Framework Version XY from reshade.me/forum/shader-discussion/816-legacy-download-links
2. Download Preset Files XY and drop them wherever you dropped the ReShade Framework Version to overwrite the default files

Alternatively

2. Download Preset folder FX and drop it in ReShade\PersonalFiles\Presets\ (or your in the mediator defined preset path) and load it within the mediator

Using TheLazy.Net it is currently only a few clicks away.

I am okay money wise :D (but thanks for the gesture) It is not about money its about making everything more transparent and the distribution more controlled. If everyone is so kind to follow our advice, all mods/presets are one step away from ReShade.me which is much easier to manage than a huge net of distributors.
It will also be the reason why many developer would decide to join us and to use the Framework for their implementation cause it defines very clearly what happens with their work. Its all managed here in one place where everyone knows who to talk to and whom to address if changes happen and not in an unmanageable amount of places in the net.
This might of course change in the future but I think its currently the best way and again, I do not think it makes the installation so much harder. :huh:

Please remember the greater vision of Crosire/ReShade that I share. ReShade is a development platform and the Framework was made to emphasize this while making it comfortable for everyone to combine/share their work on one platform and at the same time allowing the user to easily access/use what he wants without having to drop anything. (Ioxa might be able to tell you about the benefits for a developer with his personal experience)
With that in mind we have no choice but to also consider shader developers and the potential size of this project which has to handle many peoples work with care and sensibility.

• amoebae
More
8 years 9 months ago #25 by amoebae Replied by amoebae on topic Distribution Regulations Discussion

crosire wrote: Just a quick heads up: please note that ReShade (+ this website) and the ReShade framework are two separate projects. ReShade is developed by me (Crosire), the ReShade framework is the collaboration of multiple people's work, managed by Lucifer.

Since ReShade itself has a few mechanics to make sure users see where it originated (the ingame overlay text at startup), you are free to distribute the DLLs with your presets. It's preferable to not do so to ensure the user always downloads the latest version, but it's allowed. The EULA (which is the EULA for ReShade alone) explicitly states that (the only restriction is that you are not allowed to sell ReShade alone, you may ship it with a commercial game though). Also, credits should of course be given.

Now, that being said, the ReShade framework is the collection of shaders that came with one of the download options. Those should be handled separatly and accordingly to what Lucifer states and/or stated. It would be a good idea to make that a bit more clear in the download package though.

Just wanted to say this clears up a lot for me and will make things a lot easier in the future. I read the EULA, and also the distribution guidelines in the OP of this thread, and got confused.

I've made a config for TS4, and have been directing people here to download ReShade + Framework, and then to install my .cfg files over the top. It's been quite difficult because TS4 players vary wildly in technical aptitude (even though it's an easy process), so being able to include the pre-renamed .dll in my config download will help a huge amount, then all they'll need to do is copy and paste the rest of the Framework from here, and my files over the top.

Thanks for your continued hard work, all of you. Much appreciated.

• Ganossa
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #26 by Ganossa Replied by Ganossa on topic Distribution Regulations Discussion
Today, one month after this news, I took my time to look through the Witcher 3 Nexus mod pages and have to say I am rather disappointed of how few people actually seem to respect our work...

To all those that did and do, it was every time refreshing to see and its much appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyAlt, HarveyKrumpet

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.